N-Europe

Final Fantasy XI Player Roundup

Sheikah

This June I'm starting Final Fantasy XI again with a couple of friends in real life as well as a couple off the net, and basically I'm wondering if anyone else would like to start too!

From June 2nd I, like many people, will have a lot of time and FFXI - having previously played it somewhat, definitely can fill some time. It can be bought for less than a fiver for PC with a month free, and a little more for Xbox, with all players from each system able to be in the same world (not separated).

FFXI has a lot of the usual MMORPG affairs, as well as some nice extras. There's quite a selection of jobs, chocobo riding in fields as well as chocobo racing, airships, missions, events etc. Overall, if you like RPGs and have a fair bit of time to spare, you may enjoy this. If not, at least you tried.

So around June - anyone who wants to play come and join! The more people we have starting around the same time, the easier it will be for us to form a party, as partying is much more essential in FFXI than other games.

Anyone up for it? :heh:

ffxi0001l.jpg

Ah-ha! Now I have an even better reason why I can't, I have a mac :p (and no 360)

Well according to a quick google it seems to run brilliantly through bootcamp:

"I installed it on my soontobewifes macbook pro, used Bootcamp, runs like a pro, in some cases it out performs our normal PC's....."

Source: link, other googling gives similar results. Just grab a copy of XP (easily done) and download bootcamp. ;)

You have no excuse! Join the faction! :yay:

Trust me, I'll help you guys. :P

I have an old character who has quite a bit of gil - as well as that I know a linkshell full of friendly people. Considering you can get the basic FFXI game on its own now for £5 (PC, probs 10 quid Xbox) it's not big loss if you don't like it. £5 to try the game out for a month isn't half bad, and it can be quite fun at times. :)

As far as the game goes, it's not as easy as games like WoW, but at the same time it feels as if the players around you are more mature and the game doesn't feel over saturated with people. It's not particularly difficult to get into, I don't think.

I have an old character who has quite a bit of gil

The economy has crashed as of late btw, they have removed a load of RMT from the game and something like 14 bajillion gil. You can fund a relic now for less than 100 million gil.

I might start up again if i get a laptop in time, i was a 75 BLM but il take one of my brothers accounts to play on if i do because he has a spare 75 BRD :D