NEurope
NotAshley

N-Europe Needs You! Worst GameCube Games

As some of you are no doubt aware we're currently in the process of writing a massive feature to give the GameCube a final goodbye. I'll be starting work on part of this soon, and a section of the feature will have the worst Cube titles put to shame! This is where you come in.

To clarify, I need you peeps to post the Cube games you think suck. It's not nice to spend money on a game and then find out it's unworthy of the disc it's been placed on, so here's an opportunity to get your own back! :D

Thanks dudes,

Ashley

I'm not going to put a series of games. I'm looking for about ten different games that you (and any other readers) think are the tripe of the Cube.

strange way to say goodbye to a cool console but there ya go.

I never really bought many bad GC games and im in the minority here but i thought waverace GC was poor (64 was quality). So was Monkey Ball 2.

http://www.gamecubicle.com/gamecube-games-bad.htm

from that list I had Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. It was pretty poor, had repetitive levels and there were really sad things you had to collect and do. Boring Spyro game.

strange way to say goodbye to a cool console but there ya go.
When I say 'feature' I mean we're running a big feature to say goodbye to the Cube. There will be reviews, the top 50 games (which I believe have been finalised) and then other pieces - one of those is a feature (like the Leaders Of Innovation? one I recently wrote) about whether the Cube was a failure, and even the best consoles have rubbish games!

Thanks for your contribution by the way. :)

That's fine it all sounds cool to me, and yeah, every console has flaws, to be honest GC could have done a lot but it didn't offer anything very new, but that still doesn't make it a failure - metroid prime saw to that.

Just because it was so difficult to even get started I'd say Harvest moon: A wonderful life.

Though it was my first harvest moon game so that might be biased reasoning.

Sonic Heroes was pretty shit. I believe someone one here once called the game itself a glitch. A pretty accurate description.

I also think Viewtiful Joe 2 was crap, but I'm probably the only one.

Just because it was so difficult to even get started I'd say Harvest moon: A wonderful life.

Though it was my first harvest moon game so that might be biased reasoning.

It wasn't the worst cube game but it was a bad Harvest moon for me. It was slow starting and unlike the other games. If you want to try HM then go for Friends of mineral town or HM2 on the GBC.

I'll say the Harry Potter games. They were really bad.

From what I've played, it's a draw between Turok Evolution, Super Mario Sunshine and Reign of Fire.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Universal Studios game. I'm pretty sure it was a launch game on the GC. You have to pick up trash, so degrading.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Universal Studios game. I'm pretty sure it was a launch game on the GC. You have to pick up trash, so degrading.

I was just about to say that game. I almost wanted to buy it just to see how bad it was.

Also Sonic Adventure DX was absolute shite. The Dreamcast game was decent in its day but it was starting to show it's age. The truely terrible stuttering framerate made it unplayable and took away the thing the game had going for it which was the speed.

Also agree with Sonic Heroes. That was bollocks.

Sonic Adventure DX gave those who never had a Dreamcast to experience it, I don't think it's one of the best but I certainly don't think it was one of the worst.

Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis was pretty awful and so was Charlie's Angels.

Aquaman reviews

Charlie's Angels reviews

I don't think that game ever got a UK/Europe release.

A lot of people are mentioning Sonic games, and I don't think they were all that bad. Sure a lot of them had issues with framerate/and camera angles. But there have been far worse games at there.

I've lost count of the crappy Cartoon/Movie GC games that got released.

The problem here is that most people don't buy TERRIBLE games, so can't really list anything other than the weakest games we have in our collection.

So for me, I'd have to say Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but I'd never put it in a list of "WORST" games.

Enter the Dragonfly was very bad, it spoiled my Spyro childhood memories.

Sonic Adventure DX gave those who never had a Dreamcast to experience it, I don't think it's one of the best but I certainly don't think it was one of the worst.

Sonic DX was undoubtedly one of the biggest piles of garbage on the cube. God, god awful voice acting, gameplay, level design, graphics - the lot. Compared to Sonic Battle Adventure 2, it was as if someone had just thrown up and served it inside a game case.

51B9RQ3Q13L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Definitely the very worse the GC had to offer.

Not sure how that passed the Seal of Approval, just goes to show it means nothing, we should think about doing that gamers seal of approval thing going.

And Cube, c'mon you know Sunshine was a good game it just didn't quite live up to your expectations that's all. I actually think the game is very good and kept a lot of challenge. I wasn't going to bother with the blue coins but some of the shines were quality, and it did have a lot proper platforming, whereas Galaxy was just too easy.

Universal Studios. A mate bought a 'job lot' collection of GC games recently, which included this. Apparently, its essential to play purely to understand how bad it was. I declined that offer.

Charlies Angels was available in the UK 'exclusive' to GAME.:shakehead