NEurope
Dante

Guitar Hero: World Tour

There are also loads of reports of the drums for the 360 version being broken out of the box, with Activision saying it's not their fault and the stores that the gamers have bought it from saying it isn't their fault either. I wasn't gonna get the drums, or any instruments, when I pick up my 360 copy when it comes out but I'm definitely not getting the drums with all the problems of the cymbals being broken and unable to be used.

^^^ thanks Ganepark, I was worried of this and thats settled it for me *cancels band edition pre-order and orders solus instead* will get the instruments edition of Rock Band 2 though. : peace:

^ No problem. I was shocked to see how many people who had bought the band pack had broken drums. And yet many of them haven't been able to get a replacement as neither the game store or Activision are taking the blame for it. So for many, it's $200 down the drain (although as far as I am aware, the guitar and the microphone are working fine and there aren't any problems with the games, yet).

^ No problem. I was shocked to see how many people who had bought the band pack had broken drums. And yet many of them haven't been able to get a replacement as neither the game store or Activision are taking the blame for it. So for many, it's $200 down the drain (although as far as I am aware, the guitar and the microphone are working fine and there aren't any problems with the games, yet).

We can't have the same problem over here in blighty. If it's broken the store have to replace it regardless of if it's their fault or the manufacturer's

Still, RB2 does sound like the plan :)

As I'm definitely getting both WT and RB2, I've still to sort out the issue of instruments.

Microphone: If the RB1 mic works for both then there's no problem there, right?

Guitar: I'd like to get the new WT one as it looks mint.

Drum kit: I definitely need a new drum kit as my current one's knackered. Just need to decide on either the WT or RB2 one.

I think I'll be getting both games solus, and the instruments (that I need) separately.

^ The microphones, like all instruments, are cross-compatible. You can use any USB mic for the games so it'll work.

If there weren't the problems with the drums in the US then I'd say GHWT. At the moment though, I, personally, would be a bit weary. I'd still say to go with the GHWT ones though.

I don't actually know anything about the RB2 drum kits, other than the kick drum pedals having a-loom-in-'em.

(An aluminium plate, if you didn't get it.)

hmmm decisions decisions - I've currently got the PS3 full band version of GHWT on pre-order with Game online. Now if I'm unlucky and receive a buggered up set of drums I should be able to get them exchanged in my local Game store right?

Seriously... just read the 360 review of GH:WT on IGN and you'll see why I'm now going with RB:2 for my next set of instruments... still picking up GH:WT solus though to tide me over till Rock Band, even though I'll still have plenty to play.... Banjo on same day. :heh:

Yeh I read it. It seems so stupid for them to have shunned many of RB's ideas in favour of others which don't work as well. Although, the Guitar Solo tour still holds up which is really all I'm interested in for this game (although wouldn't mind playing the drums to Everlong).

^^^

T'is a good deal but only if you want the PS3 version and assuming you already have instruments to play on it.

Anyway I'm definitely just getting this solus for Xbox 360 and it's awesome news that Rock Band 2 is now coming out on the same day I believe? or a week after or something...

Just received an e-mail from Game saying my order has been dispatched o_O

I thought the game wasen't due out till the 14th?

Doesn't matter anyways, won't be able to play it till Christmas. :blank:

^ Game was always set to come out on the 7th. It was believed that the band pack would come out on the 14th but apparently, that is not the case.

Mine was posted from GAME too. I ordered the whole thing so I'm wondering if it's the free guitar as GAME did say that was coming seperately. Hmm. I wonder!

Mine was posted from GAME too. I ordered the whole thing so I'm wondering if it's the free guitar as GAME did say that was coming seperately. Hmm. I wonder!

Mine too - hmmm guess we'll find out in the next day or so!

Take it none of you lot received it either then? :heh:

Guess it was just a mistake then, they did send an e-mail saying they were going to take the money out earlier (For the complete edition), so I geuss the "Order is on it's way" email is just automated.

Hmmm not sure if it was a mistake I got my Game points added today! but no GHWT game yet!

It will be tomorrow, if you check your ref code with parcel force, it's just been updated to parcelforce 24. It will be here tomorrow.

Well it got my attention :wink: Don't think it'll go down well with parents who will buy it for their younger kids but screw 'em.