N-Europe

Good Food Thread

Jamba

I love food and I enjoy making it! Bluey like me making food too :indeed:

Thought that this would be a good place for people to exchange ideas and talk about what they like or dislike; things that they have tried or made recently. Feel free to ask questions on how to make stuff too, cos we all know that students need a little help!

Right now, I'm researching making pies for when my lovely comes home :D We've both been watching Pushing Daisies and it has got me in a real pie mood.

Anybody a pie making master out there?

My favorite type of food is the food that bites you back as you eat (so too speak)

You could say I´m on an never ending journey to taste the hottest food around.

You should meet my uncle. He says he can take any spicy food. There's a take-away place near my Nana's who do this pizza as a sort of joke that is supposed to be incredibly spicy. My uncle had it and liked it. He's had Vindaloo and that other one that is supposed to be really spicy that I can't think of. He says they don't even bother him yet this pizza was actually spicy to him.

Guest Stefkov

300px-Ruskie.jpg

Minus the onions. I could eat that for dinner every night.

With sour cream aswell, but butter's a good alternative.

This evening I cooked for myself -

Brown spahetti with fried vegetables (aubagine, tomato, red onion, spring onion, leek, garlic, and courgette) with loads of oregano, various other herbs, tiny bit of salt and pepper, and a whallop of fresh pesto. So so so yummy. I have to eat fresh pesto because regular pesto isn't vegetarian.

I love to cook Japanese food.

Guest bluey

you'd better hope not jam-ba :wink:

living on my own in the jap0n has taught me 2 things

1. i cant cook very well~

2. chocolate pocky is great if you dip it in your tea.

(2.5 the pocky in question always tastes better if it was bought for somebody else...)

thats all the culinary wisdom i have to offer. u___u gomen nasai..

Guest Jordan

I try my best with cooking food, but my talents stop outside of sticking things in with things and hoping for the best...

However, you can't beat a good tuna pasta bake. God no.

Right now, I'm researching making pies for when my lovely comes home :D We've both been watching Pushing Daisies and it has got me in a real pie mood.

Haha I've been dying to make pies since seeing Pushing Daisies. Im stopping with my nan over the summer and shes always bakes, so I'm going to learn lots of stuff :D

I can make a handful of dishes which get me through. The obvious and easy (pasta/pasta bake, oven chips) and then stuff like curry, nachos (with sauce and stuff obviously), spaghetti bolognese, sunday dinner (my meatless version anywho). I want to learn to make at least three more dishes over the summer.

And me and my housemate tend to make cookies too. Always fun :D

I'm a pie-eating master! :D

My favourite pie is Chicken! All great pies need puff pastry as that is delicious!

I'm not very cooking but I'm slowly improving with my Students cookbook guide.

Recently I've made Egg Fried Rice which is always a nice easy dish to quickly do along with Chop Seuy.

Other than that I was meant to be cooking a meal each week but that kind of lapsed...