N-Europe

Should You Trade In Your Wii?

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Evo single handedly restored my faith in Konami's seabassio soccer squad. And so I now look forward to their wii output (apart from DDR.)

Elebits!!! (Chuckle) is awesome. Self-created levels were amazing. Utterly amazing. Who would have thought wanging items could be so much fun?

Anyone who doesn't like DDR is fat. True story.

What a coincidence...I just sold my Wii :) I was looking forward to was Brawl, and at first it was a blast, if anyone saw my comments in the thread they know, but I got bored with it... Only game I'm going to be sad on missing out on is ToS2. But one game, I can just go play on a m8's Wii if it's that good.

Now you could...

But i'm finding ToS2 very questionable. It's a lazy half assed game making made with the Wii slapped in the Symphonia world to try and make it sell better.

From what I've seen it seems to be getting a lot of stick when it doesn't look half bad. I've seen people complaining about the graphics but they seem pretty good to me.

It's just not a Tales game, it has inexperienced/new staff where as the one who originally done ToS is away working on the 360 Tales game.

It's nothing like the first game, you need to use monsters in your party and catch and feed them, no overworld, little sidequests, rehashed areas, no anime curscenes apart from intro and Sheena looks ugly.

Only the story seems good so far.

The Wii has a lot of potential so there's no reason to sell. E3 has to bring a slew of new titles to the fray though - third and first party. With Animal Crossing, F-Zero? Starfox? Pikimin? Zelda Red steel 2 TS4, TOS2, blah blah, on the horizon, the future looks much more promising and exciting.

As for Monkey Ball Banana Blitz; I thought that game was awful. Completely Bollocksed up the series, with a minigame-compilation-driven game, full of tat. Seriously, even the best minigames in the original were completely ruined. Controls were too fiddly to.

It's just not a Tales game, it has inexperienced/new staff where as the one who originally done ToS is away working on the 360 Tales game.

It's nothing like the first game, you need to use monsters in your party and catch and feed them, no overworld, little sidequests, rehashed areas, no anime curscenes apart from intro and Sheena looks ugly.

Only the story seems good so far.

In fairness though, anyone who's played a few Tales games knows that the battle system is always really similar, unlike between some of the FF games. The overworld is a bit of a past relic really- even FF has done away with it. Sheena was ugly to begin with, no harm there.

I like the battle system, it's having to catch and use monsters instead of actual party members that sucks a bit. Overworlds are great, it allows so much more freedom, lots to do and find with a huge list of extras to do. The way they done the first game was simply fantastic. Many extra locations for side quests, see more depth of the characters and learn more about them. I was great.

And Sheena was never ugly. You take that back sir.

IIRC, though, there wasn't much hidden of interest on the overworld in ToS. There seemed to be the odd treasure chest but nothing really worth going too far for. In games like Final Fantasy VIII though there were some hidden places on the map that really did make the overworld shine. With ToS it seemed a bit mundane, especially with monsters portrayed as black blobs which occasionally ran into you. I don't think it has even been done that well in Tales.

As for catching monsters...sounds a bit Pokemon-esque or like the monster battling section in Dragon Quest VIII. It still sounds ok to me.

There was loads in ToS if you looked and found them. Black monsters in the overworld didn't bother me, better than random battles anyway.

Well it's not turn based and it's not as if you control them as much as Pokemon or DQ8.

Guess your not a huge ToS fan?

that the batteries aren't chargable and...

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

The Wii has a lot of potential so there's no reason to sell. E3 has to bring a slew of new titles to the fray though - third and first party. With Animal Crossing, F-Zero? Starfox? Pikimin? Zelda Red steel 2 TS4, TOS2, blah blah, on the horizon, the future looks much more promising and exciting.

As for Monkey Ball Banana Blitz; I thought that game was awful. Completely Bollocksed up the series, with a minigame-compilation-driven game, full of tat. Seriously, even the best minigames in the original were completely ruined. Controls were too fiddly to.

I agree with all that.

I've been thinking of selling Banana Blitz, in fact....I'll just keep to the original for some random Monkey's in balls fun (never got MB2).