NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mirror's Edge

It wasn't too much to learn. It was all you needed to learn to play the game.

It was only a few button presses...

I thought it was fantastic. Completely sold it for me. Now to find the money.

Played the demo this morning. I like the concept and the graphical style is pretty cool. I was about to pre order it just now but the price got me worried. I'm used to high prices over here but 55 plus shipping is pushing it.

Think i will go and download the demo for this now... Don't know anything about it but with so many ppl saying the demo is good i shall give it a go!

This is why I love my 360. I can download a demo of the game before it's out and see what it's like. If I hadn't of been able to download the demo, I'd have probably not bothered getting this.

too bad you have to pay for Gold to get the demo. :smile: Its DICE it was going to be a good game. Since when have they ever made a bad or uninventive game?

*looks at all Battlefield games post-BF1942*

Also I pay for Gold for more than just this demo, but nice spin you got there.

too bad you have to pay for Gold to get the demo. :smile: Its DICE it was going to be a good game. Since when have they ever made a bad or uninventive game?

I'm fairly sure that this is their first good console game..

*looks at all Battlefield games post-BF1942*

Also I pay for Gold for more than just this demo, but nice spin you got there.

PS3 owner here.

:) free demos

I'm fairly sure that this is their first good console game..

The last bf console game was theirs and they have doen Rallisport in the past on xbox. Modern Combat was EA developed before they acquired DICE. Just before 2142.

Unless you want them early, in which case you have to pay for Gold Qore.

So it really isn't that much different to how the 360 does demos.

Yep, exactly. :smile:

That's not how Qore works though...thats only for beta's mostly....

Plus Qore is only in the US so doesn't really matter to most users on here.

*cough* back on topic... I played the demo for about 15 - 20 mins, was really enjoying it until I accidentally quit out of it >> but even just that short play pretty much sold the game for me, it is genuinely unlike anything I have ever played before...

I still most likely won't pick it up on release as there is far too much coming out in November (sheesh there really is no pleasing us gamers :heh: ) but it is good to know that the game is out there, waiting for when I decide to pick it up and it will no doubt be one that I shall enjoy very much when I decide to give it the time it deserves. :smile:

Qore is just a multimedia magazine. Handy for stuff like Kratos codes and betas.

Its not quite the same as demos on Live Gold. Not to mention with PSN online play is free, there are no tiers and everyone is treated essentially like a xbox live gold member.

Qore is currently US only but there are plans to do something similar in the UK. This makes it much easier for limited beta access and exclusive content. So its a good idea in that sense. Its nothing like live gold though.

*cough* back on topic... I played the demo for about 15 - 20 mins, was really enjoying it until I accidentally quit out of it >> but even just that short play pretty much sold the game for me, it is genuinely unlike anything I have ever played before...

I still most likely won't pick it up on release as there is far too much coming out in November (sheesh there really is no pleasing us gamers :heh: ) but it is good to know that the game is out there, waiting for when I decide to pick it up and it will no doubt be one that I shall enjoy very much when I decide to give it the time it deserves. :smile:

Its a great game. Hope its not too short! suppossedly some are saying it is... But i will stull get it day 1 due to its freshness.

Just got round to playing the demo and I am very impressed. The graphics are amazing, I really do love the look of the game. The controls were much better than I expected them to be - very simplistic, and using the shoulder buttons instead of the face buttons is a very good move. Shall definately be buying this for Christmas! It it weren't for the fact I have BK reserved to get the XBLA free, I'd swap the order of them.

Seems like time trial codes are now gone. Its a good mode. Quite challnging however!

Qore is just a multimedia magazine. Handy for stuff like Kratos codes and betas.

Its not quite the same as demos on Live Gold. Not to mention with PSN online play is free, there are no tiers and everyone is treated essentially like a xbox live gold member.

Qore is currently US only but there are plans to do something similar in the UK. This makes it much easier for limited beta access and exclusive content. So its a good idea in that sense. Its nothing like live gold though.

Which is why they got the Motorstorm demo 2 weeks earlier than anyone else? :indeed:

Which is why they got the Motorstorm demo 2 weeks earlier than anyone else? :indeed:

Which people in the EU could get one by applying for beta codes....I was on the demo those 2 weeks earlier...

Also look at Resistance 2, Qore was just one of many ways to get a beta code for it.

I can see why people will love this game but i felt like i was wrestling the controller and the camera the whole time. Great concept but not for me im afraid. Also i prefer the cartoony look in the intro to the realistic graphics in the real game

I can see why people will love this game but i felt like i was wrestling the controller and the camera the whole time. Great concept but not for me im afraid. Also i prefer the cartoony look in the intro to the realistic graphics in the real game

I can understand what you are saying about the controls. I felt like that at first but it soon clicked.

Can't believe you prefer the flash style intro though not a fan to be honest, loses some of the scale. I don't really like the art style they have gone with for them.

The art style I don't mind, though Alice's character in the cut scene seems rather do sombre for my taste, it seems too deliberate, pretentious perhaps, and somehow doesn't fit. This is a beautiful young woman who makes a living vaulting off thousand-foot high buildings, crack a smile for god's sake.

Great concept but not for me im afraid. Also i prefer the cartoony look in the intro to the realistic graphics in the real game

I thought the intro looked hideous.