Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, they could have picked a colour scheme that wouldn't clash with everything else (like black and white) for the German rating system. Actually, that reminds me, the mainstream media should be criticizing The Conduit for being on the Wii soon.

Extra incentive at PLAY

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8267294/The-Conduit-Special-Edition/Product.html

Cancels preorder with gameplay......

Ugh, I hate it when this happens. Although I'm not changing my preorder for these. They're just cheap speakers with the logo slapped on them lol. Plus, they would rapidly join my large amount junk I never seem to use!

From what I remember before I cancelled my subscription, ONM never seemed to warm to it. It was as if they were deliberately resisting it on the sole basis of its hype; just for the sake of trying to appear immune to such possible sway factors.

76% in Official Nintendo Magazine.

They praise the graphics, online mode and story and say that it feels like Perfect Dark, but complain that the single player is repetitive. The score seem's 10% too low considering all the pro's.

Ugh, that's not good, especially as they seem to over rate EVERYTHING. This seems bizarrely harsh. It's almost like they've tried to be negative about it. Can you give us a scan?

To give this some perspective:

They gave HotD Overkill 90%, CODWAW 92%, COD3 86%, Dead Rising CTYD 68%, Alone in the Dark 64%, Ghost Squad 83%, Red Steel 91%, Resident Evil:UC 88% and Medal of Honour Heroes 2 78%.

All in all, that's a disappointing score for The Conduit.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

Ugh, that's not good, especially as they seem to over rate EVERYTHING. This seems bizarrely harsh. It's almost like they've tried to be negative about it. Can you give us a scan?

To give this some perspective:

They gave HotD Overkill 90%, CODWAW 92%, COD3 86%, Dead Rising CTYD 68%, Alone in the Dark 64%, Ghost Squad 83%, Red Steel 91%, Resident Evil:UC 88% and Medal of Honour Heroes 2 78%.

All in all, that's a disappointing score for The Conduit.

I echo those sentiments. I just don't understand how it could be WORSE than CoD3. Makes little sense to me. I'm baffled and a little worried by this one.

We await more reviews.....

Yeh that's very strange but then ONM have never been good with their reviews. Everyone knows about the Red Steel debacle but they also gave the likes of MySims a 90% which is ridiculous. Basically, they lost a whole lot of integrity when they changed over from NOM to ONM. Personally, I'm not going to read much into their score as it does seem too harsh given the many plus points they put forward.

if you were expecting this to ne anything other than an average first person shooter.. then I dunno..

over-hyped then? YESS!

...imagine for one second if this game turned out to be shit in the end lol :)

would be funny... maybe.

a very old post i made :D

I just hope people aren;t disappointed by this in the end :D

if you were expecting this to ne anything other than an average first person shooter.. then I dunno..

over-hyped then? YESS!

The reviews aren't saying its shit though, the reviews don't seem to match up with the scores which is what people are criticizing here. I'll be interested in seeing the GT review though.

The reviews aren't saying its shit though, the reviews don't seem to match up with the scores which is what people are criticizing here. I'll be interested in seeing the GT review though.

nah I know it's not really what i meant..

I;m sure it will be a good shooter.. but I never saw anything there..

I mean controls and graphics are one thing... if a fps was reviewed on 360 or ps3.. its assumed that the controls are right as a given.....

Im glad it wasnt OVERATED like they did with red steel...

as i've said before, its towards the lower end of my expectations. Its a big shame, but each reviewer has a right to mark it against their own criteria.

Yes, it seems harsh - and quite strange - given the positive comments, but you know, 7 is a reasonable score. I'll definately buy based on the comments and not the scores anyway.

Of course, maybe Mr Metroid raises a good point. Did HVS and Sega fluff it with overhype, perhaps it would have been good to restrain the hype machine until now, right before release?

over-hyped then? YESS!

Hey, I know what you mean - but that's not really the point I was raising. I expected The Conduit to be a very solid, fun FPS with good online - I was never expecting a revolution.

I also think The Conduit would be lost on the PC or 360 market - but here on the Wii it stands out a lot because it's a rare case of a developer really trying to bring a core game to the console and do it well so it suits the Wii's strengths.

However, the point I am raising is that the review sounds positive. I also have certain issues with the score. Granted, I haven't played it - but the suggestion here is it isn't as good as most of the existing FPS games on Wii. Something I find strange.

I always find 'Official' magazine scores rather odd. They tend to wildly over rate some games whilst being unduly harsh on others to try and 'prove' that they are not biased.

Whatever happens, I'll be picking up my copy and I'm still looking forward to it. And BTW, I love the fact they've said it feels like Perfect Dark - man I loved that game, those were the good old days :)

over-hyped then? YESS!

I expected it to be average if the same game was on pc/360/ps3 but not on the Wii. The controls are enough to make a fairly generic shooter really shine (Heroes 2 as a prime example, which I prefer to all but the cream of the crop of "next gen" fps).

We await more reviews. From previews so far though, I don't see IGN scoring this below 8.

Yeh. There seems to be quite a lot of confusion as to when this is released. GAME and Gamestation amongst others have it listed for the 12th of June but the official release date on the site and from SEGA is the 26th. The 12th was just a guess from stores earlier in the year when it was said that the game would get released in June and it seems they haven't bothered to change the date.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!