NEurope

Some more snippets of info…

- control scheme based on Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

- Wiimote waggle kept to a minimum, with more ‘out-there’ ideas being considered for sequel

- aiming to get a lot of ‘wow’ moments in the game

- story can be skipped

- WiiSpeak/MotionPlus still being considered

- online will most likely have to use friend codes

- 3 types of weapons: Alien weapons, human weapons, weapons you get from Trust

- no splitscreen reconfirmed, but other co-op modes may be included

- sequel has not been started, depends on publisher negotiations

... I thought they said they wern't using friend codes.

Some more snippets of info…

- control scheme based on Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

- Wiimote waggle kept to a minimum, with more ‘out-there’ ideas being considered for sequel

- aiming to get a lot of ‘wow’ moments in the game

- story can be skipped

- WiiSpeak/MotionPlus still being considered

- online will most likely have to use friend codes

- 3 types of weapons: Alien weapons, human weapons, weapons you get from Trust

- sequel has not been started, depends on publisher negotiations

... I thought they said they wern't using friend codes.

Maybe thats when they were going to use EA before Nintendo stepped in :P

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Friend Codes? I mean, OBVIOUSLY I'd rather just the one and the adding be simple; but I'm not that bothered. But then I rarely play online anyway!

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Friend Codes? I mean, OBVIOUSLY I'd rather just the one and the adding be simple; but I'm not that bothered. But then I rarely play online anyway!

TBH, Friend codes would be fine if they had a lobby system instead of Randomly placing you into whatever game.

but see that's the thing. People who don't care about friend codes don't really play on-line and they don't because they don't like friend codes.... if you get me.

fact : it's a terrible system there must be a better way. Nintendo must know they can't it forever.. We may have to put up with it on the wii but the next systems should have a better system.

TBH, Friend codes would be fine if they had a lobby system instead of Randomly placing you into whatever game.

or maybe just the one code.

not different for everygame.

We may have to put up with it on the wii but the next systems should have a better system.

I imagine the Wii HD/Super Wii/Wii 2 (whatever you want to call it) will probably have a single friend code, but I doubt they'll ditch the system entirely. I mean, the whole reason friend codes exist is because Iwata is scared his kid is going to meet some pedophile while playing Animal Crossing. The system isn't just going to go away I fear.

but see that's the thing. People who don't care about friend codes don't really play on-line and they don't because they don't like friend codes.... if you get me.

fact : it's a terrible system there must be a better way. Nintendo must know they can't it forever.. We may have to put up with it on the wii but the next systems should have a better system.

or maybe just the one code.

not different for everygame.

I agree they're shit; but I own all three consoles and I go online with my Wii more than the others! Explain that :D

I agree they're shit; but I own all three consoles and I go online with my Wii more than the others! Explain that :D

haha i'd say that's a strange case.. I find friends code as an off putter, and so do a lot of people which is a shame because I think A lot of nintendo games have the potential to have better online than 360/ps3 games.

haha i'd say that's a strange case.. I find friends code as an off putter, and so do a lot of people which is a shame because I think A lot of nintendo games have the potential to have better online than 360/ps3 games.

A lot of people don't play friend matches though.

One friend code per Mii would be a better idea to be honest, it allows multiple friend codes per console.

This per game thing really sucks.

I still don't understand the logic of not having one friend code per machine! It baffles me! I know Nintendo have security worries but isn't that what parental locks are for? Have Nintendo ever actually explained the need for friend codes properly? I rememebr Iwata saying he didn't think friend codes were very good

I'm not a big fan of online to be honest but Mario Kart is just amazing so I play that a lot. Also, Pro Evo Wii online runs LOADS smoother than 360 and PS3 version.

Friend codes are a pain, but not a game stopping pain

Have Nintendo ever actually explained the need for friend codes properly? I rememebr Iwata saying he didn't think friend codes were very good

Yes, Iwata said they were because he didn't want his daughter meeting pedophiles while playing Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/Ect. online. Yes, even the president of Nintendo is one of the ignorant parents. lol.

Yes, Iwata said they were because he didn't want his daughter meeting pedophiles while playing Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/Ect. online. Yes, even the president of Nintendo is one of the ignorant parents. lol.

But how does separate friend codes stop that? Why can't one friend code still stop his daughter fro meeting peodo's!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

But how does separate friend codes stop that? Why can't one friend code still stop his daughter fro meeting peodo's!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

By increasing the number of friend codes, it probably makes the chances of pedos finding them out smaller I guess.

Because if she stops playing that particular game, the pedo has no way of communicating with her anymore.

Besides the way he managed to initally get in contact with her and exchange friends codes.

Meaning: yes, one code per machine should absolutely suffice.

One friend code per Mii would be a better idea to be honest, it allows multiple friend codes per console.

This per game thing really sucks.

Just what I was going to say about this. It's not like you can actually talk anyone or have any contact witht e person you're playing against anyway!

I thought Maio Kart Wii moved toward the one friend code model, with the ability to invite people already added to your Wii's address book. I can't remember how it worked exactly though.

Just what I was going to say about this. It's not like you can actually talk anyone or have any contact witht e person you're playing against anyway!

Metroid Prime Hunters and Pokemon D/P had voice chat with friends and Animal Crossing Wild world had text chat.

Animal Crossing: CF and possibly the conduit will both have voice chat.

This game is going to have sell for all their hard work to be appreciated.

If this and Mad World bombs, will developers bother with ground up wii games?

This game is going to have sell for all their hard work to be appreciated.

If this and Mad World bombs, will developers bother with ground up wii games?

I think thats the biggest worry at this point. We already know that both games are going to be good. Its all up to the marketers at this point. This is why I can't wait to see who the publisher for The Conduit is.

Madworld, because of it's style, is more likely to "bomb" - though I doubt SEGA have targeted more than 300k sales or so and it should easily achieve that.

The Conduit has way more natural appeal to all sorts of gamers and should sell well - I can see it being a million seller with a little luck, good internet marketing and decent release timing.

Why does this not piss more people off?

Why does this not piss more people off?

Because it was announced a long time ago actually.

Madworld, because of it's style, is more likely to "bomb" - though I doubt SEGA have targeted more than 300k sales or so and it should easily achieve that.

The Conduit has way more natural appeal to all sorts of gamers and should sell well - I can see it being a million seller with a little luck, good internet marketing and decent release timing.

I think the internet bizz around this game will ensure good sales. Remember, Red Steel was a million seller, so traditional games like this can sell well.