NEurope
pedrocasilva

F-Zero Z (rumor)

I wonder if Nintendo will noobify this game up like they did with smash, mario and allegedy Mario kart. hmm.

They noobified Smash, Mario and Mario Kart eh? I can't help but laugh.

Even better: they admitted it themselves it isn't true. Like Dante said, they indeed fell for an April Fool.

That'll teach me not to scoop deeper in that site... :red: Atleast they have the guts to admit their mistake, so no harm done.

Weapon-free F-Zero ahoy! For now...

They noobified Smash, Mario and Mario Kart eh? I can't help but laugh.

I'm sorry but Smash is the most basic fighting game i've played for some time. It's still lots of fun but it is quite noobified.

And with mario i just meant it was far easier than the rest (probably the easiest mario game ever i think coming to think of it...though SMW is pretty easy looking back on it). And mario kart...well i've heard mixed things.

I'm sorry but Smash is the most basic fighting game i've played for some time. It's still lots of fun but it is quite noobified.

And with mario i just meant it was far easier than the rest (probably the easiest mario game ever i think coming to think of it...though SMW is pretty easy looking back on it). And mario kart...well i've heard mixed things.

Smash is basic for those who don't want to dwell into it too much and spend hours training, but for the "hardcore", the fighting system is pretty deep with secret techniques and plenty of learning and evolving to do. A fighting game doesn't need to have 350 different button combinations to be deep or hardcore or whatever. Not to mention that Brawl didn't get noobified from the other Smash games

Mario was easy, yeah, go play Mario Sunshine and 64 now. They're easy most of the time too, just like Galaxy, thing is, we played them a while ago and we didn't play as well at the time.

Mario Kart is as it always was, a noob friendly game, with a little space for improvement because of the power slides and shortcuts. The bikes add a little more depth to it though.

Are you comparing Brawl to Melee or the series as a whole to other series?

I don't think Smash and Mario have been noobified. They're pretty much the same as they've ever been (which is arguably a problem in itself :p). But Mario Kart has certainly been turned from a very well balanced racer to a more casual friendly party game. It happened years ago. Whether it's a bad thing or not though, is debatable.

Smash is basic for those who don't want to dwell into it too much and spend hours training, but for the "hardcore", the fighting system is pretty deep with secret techniques and plenty of learning and evolving to do. A fighting game doesn't need to have 350 different button combinations to be deep or hardcore or whatever. Not to mention that Brawl didn't get noobified from the other Smash games

Mario was easy, yeah, go play Mario Sunshine and 64 now. They're easy most of the time too, just like Galaxy, thing is, we played them a while ago and we didn't play as well at the time.

Mario Kart is as it always was, a noob friendly game, with a little space for improvement because of the power slides and shortcuts. The bikes add a little more depth to it though.

Smash is more simple simply because they got rid of hitstun. that alone is a pretty big difference. I mean, you can barely combo and if you do it's mainly because you're opponent forgets to airdodge or time and attack. It's quite obvious brawl, like other games, was aimed to be alot more noob friendly (kinda expected as much considering it was released on the Wii lol). there are still other techniques in the game but none really make much of a difference. It's still a brilliant game though. I mean, in terms of 4-player fights it's easily the best so far.

Oh..and you can't win a war saying Brawl still has lots of depth and isn't that simple..the ground game is awful is brawl.

Mario kart being noob friendly? Ha, go play the SMK or even 64...or the DS one. While it's easy for people to get into the game, the Wii version (from what i've heard) is slightly more easier to win in even if you're completely new to the game. Hopefully i'll be proven wrong because i love MK.

I was under the impression that you can combo much better in Brawl, seems to me like you're a little too stuck on Melee :P

Combos really go better in Melee, when playing with Falcon in Brawl I instantly noticed the difference. Your opponents fly too high up or recover from your hit too soon.

I was under the impression that you can combo much better in Brawl, seems to me like you're a little too stuck on Melee :P

You can't really combo because the hitstun ends VERY quickly. It's quite easy to just airdodge out the way or even double jump before you get hit again.

Wait..you DO know what the word combo means right...:heh:

You can't really combo because the hitstun ends VERY quickly. It's quite easy to just airdodge out the way or even double jump before you get hit again.

Wait..you DO know what the word combo means right...:heh:

That just means that comboing is different than in Melee, nothing else. Again, DIFFERENT game.

That just means that comboing is different than in Melee, nothing else. Again, DIFFERENT game.

Yeh you obviously don't know what the word combo means to say such a stupid statement.

I know it's a different game; I play brawl far differently than i ever played melee (the fact that i'm play Ike shows that).

Combos really go better in Melee, when playing with Falcon in Brawl I instantly noticed the difference. Your opponents fly too high up or recover from your hit too soon.

Ever since I saw SSBB characters falling slower, jumping higher and air-dodging multiple times, I knew combos would start to become harder to do.

Ever since I saw SSBB characters falling slower, jumping higher and air-dodging multiple times, I knew combos would start to become harder to do.

Yeah but if the recover time (hitstun) wasn't so low, it could still allow for comboing even though characters fall slower. You would still be able to chase before they recover and connect another hit before they're able to do anything about it.

Yeh you obviously don't know what the word combo means to say such a stupid statement.

I know it's a different game; I play brawl far differently than i ever played melee (the fact that i'm play Ike shows that).

And as usual we go to insults. Yes, I know what combos are, they were created accidentaly in Street Fighter II because you could cut one attack animation short by doing another attack, thus stringing attacks together, doing combos. It seems to me you're the one who's confusing things, huge combos can still be done, specially because areal fighting is much more evolved, you're just basing your notion of combos in what you were used to do in Melee. Now I don't know if you can do more or less combos in brawl or melee, but the difference isn't big, specially because the games hasn't been out that long and there are yet things to be discovered and considering that most of the advanced fighting in smash came from player discoveries and exploits, things can't be compared directly, like in beatmups where you have combo counters as an integral part of the game.

The thinking that "it's on Wii, of course it's dumbed down" and that you know more than me and I'm a stupid fanboy is pretty much etched into your mind, that much is obvious, but try to refrain from doing that kind of comments.

OK, now, F-Zero discussion :P

Yeah but if the recover time (hitstun) wasn't so low, it could still allow for comboing even though characters fall slower. You would still be able to chase before they recover and connect another hit before they're able to do anything about it.

Well said.

Hmm does anyone think that they might NOT bother with an F-Zero on Wii. I mean, it's got quite a niche following among wii owners (let's face it, it's a hardcore franchise on a console adored by casual gamers). I mean, if they weren't happy with F-Zero GX's sales, i see little hope on the wii.

Unless im mistaken, this topic is abouit F zero not smash. Thought I wondered into the wrong topic for a sec so can we get back on topic? Anyways despite this being and april fools, its still possible this will appear at E3.

Well said.

Hmm does anyone think that they might NOT bother with an F-Zero on Wii. I mean, it's got quite a niche following among wii owners (let's face it, it's a hardcore franchise on a console adored by casual gamers). I mean, if they weren't happy with F-Zero GX's sales, i see little hope on the wii.

Im hoping nintendo will show at E3 they still consider the hardcore crowd as important customers with this game.

We'll probably see F-Zero on DS first, that would be more reasonable considering Nintendo released Smash, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart and Mario in a year or so, they need to time their flasghip titles now and DS has been out for a while and no F-Zero. Still, I doubt they'll abandon it.

weapons :| .......no.

dont want weapons in a f-zero game

F-ZERO GX is one of my fav games ever so hoepfully they will build on that formula

Regarding weapons:

- You will probably be able to turn them off.

- XGRA was high-speed racing with weapons, and it was, in my opinion, one of the best games on the 'cube, and without doubt the most underrated.

- F-Zero with weapons > no F-Zero

- It's still just a rumour, people!

WeAponS!?!

Heeeeeeeeeeellll NO!

I just want eye rapingly fast tracks.

Regarding weapons:

- You will probably be able to turn them off.

- XGRA was high-speed racing with weapons, and it was, in my opinion, one of the best games on the 'cube, and without doubt the most underrated.

- F-Zero with weapons > no F-Zero

- It's still just a rumour, people!

On the last page it was said that its an april fools, so we are in the clear... for now.

I'm a big F-Zero lover yet I also like the weapons that Wipeout offers. Perhaps a mixture of f-Zero's pace coupled with Wipeouts interesting weapon system could be good. Yet I fear that speed and aiming/spinning out don't really go hand-in-hand.

Not a great idea (if true) but it may just freshen things up a little.

That's what Nintendo keeps doing with their franchises to keep them "fresh". They've been doing this ever since the Gamecube (Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Wind Waker).

Errrr...

Don't want to repeat myself, it's was already confirmed yesterday afternoon by the very same site to be an April Fool.

Kein F-Zero Z für Nintendo Wii

am 10.04.2008, 14:53 Uhr

Asche über unser Haupt! Mit einem Blick auf das Datum hätte man es eigentlich erahnen können, andererseits schwirren täglich Unmengen an Gerüchten und Verkündungen im Netz und wir wollen euch natürlich keine noch so kleine Meldung von eventueller Wichtigkiet vorenthalten. Was wir damit sagen wollen? Planet-Nintendo ist auch auf den im Netz kursierenden Aprilscherz hereingefallen... hihi hoho. Es handelte sich bei der Ankündigung eines neuen F-Zero Teils nämlich (zumindest voerst) lediglich um einen Spaß. Unser betreffender Redakteur wird dafür natürlich zur Rechenschaft gezogen und ab sofort zum Latrinendienst verdonnert. Cpt. Falcon bleibt also vorerst noch in der Garage und wir sind alle um eine Erfahrung reicher :-)

Translation in a nutshell: "By looking at the date, we could have known. But on the other hand, with so many rumours and announcements circulating the web every day, we didn't want to deprive you from small, yet potentially big news. Where we're going with this? Planet-Nintendo fell for an April Fool.... hihi hoho. It's about the announcement of a new chapter in the F-Zero franchise. Our editor in question has ofcourse been held accountable and has been condemned to cleaning the toilets. So for the time being, Cpt. Falcon stays in the garage, and we are an experience richer. :-)"

My German is a bit rusty, so I took some liberties (not with the toilet-thing, mind), but it's more or less what they are saying.

Maybe replace that newsitem with something else? *cough*EU GHIII disc replacement registration starts*cough* :wink:

All this talk about hardcore and dumping down games is kind of silly.

Its adding new things and changing things that were found by the hardcore crowd after months of playing a game really dumping down?