Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rock Band

dan-likes-trees

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strum on the big notes, and not strum on the smaller notes. If you get what I mean.
Yeah I do. Well that's not the same as using the Rock Band solo buttons. What I guess you're talking about is the notes that aren't as wide as normal notes. If that's the case, these are hammer ons (and in reverse order, pull offs). The Rock Band solo buttons let you play through the entire solo by not strumming at all - that's where I think you got confused dude. :)

Yeah I do. Well that's not the same as using the Rock Band solo buttons. What I guess you're talking about is the notes that aren't as wide as normal notes. If that's the case, these are hammer ons (and in reverse order, pull offs). The Rock Band solo buttons let you play through the entire solo by not strumming at all - that's where I think you got confused dude. :)

What are you going on about? You've confused me by saying that I was confused...

Why did you say all that? That's stuff I already know. You're talking to N-E's Guitar Hero King here, btw.

Seriously, I've been reading our posts over and over and over again trying to figure out where you thought I got confused. But I can't see where...

What are you going on about? You've confused me by saying that I was confused...

Why did you say all that? That's stuff I already know. You're talking to N-E's Guitar Hero King here, btw.

Seriously, I've been reading our posts over and over and over again trying to figure out where you thought I got confused. But I can't see where...

Well when you said 'small notes' I assumed you meant the hammer on-able ones.

Yeah, I did. The small hammer-on and pull-off notes that I have been hammering-on and pulling-off without strumming.
That goes without saying. With the Rock Band Stratocaster's solo buttons it's a completely different thing. I thought you meant you could do solos in the same way as that… you can't! :(

That goes without saying. With the Rock Band Stratocaster's solo buttons it's a completely different thing. I thought you meant you could do solos in the same way as that… you can't! :(

If I have to switch to the smaller buttons to finger-tap the solo, then the RB controller has another reason to fuck right off! That would be too fiddly. :shakehead

Also, I need to say this:

If that's the case, these are hammer ons (and in reverse order, pull offs).

You meant well by saying that. But I found that bit rather patronising because I know that already, as I play real guitar (which you didn't know.). So saying that bit really wasn't necessary.

If I have to switch to the smaller buttons to finger-tap the solo, then the RB controller has another reason to fuck right off! That would be too fiddly. :shakehead

Ok let me help you out here :P

In Rock Band, where you get the Solo sections on some songs, you can so it like normal HOPO's where you finger tap the smaller notes as usual on both sets of fret buttons, exactly the same as GH.

However, if you use the smaller buttons further down the neck during the solo sections then you don't have to strum for any of the notes whatsoever - you can tap the entire thing without strumming, if you miss a note or not, and if they're HOPO's or not, but only if you use the smaller solo keys down the bottom of the neck.

Does that help? He wasn't talking about regular HOPO's : peace:

Ok let me help you out here :P

In Rock Band, where you get the Solo sections on some songs, you can so it like normal HOPO's where you finger tap the smaller notes as usual on both sets of fret buttons, exactly the same as GH.

However, if you use the smaller buttons further down the neck during the solo sections then you don't have to strum for any of the notes whatsoever - you can tap the entire thing without strumming, if you miss a note or not, and if they're HOPO's or not, but only if you use the smaller solo keys down the bottom of the neck.

Does that help? He wasn't talking about regular HOPO's : peace:

Does help a smidgen.

Doesn't really matter, though, 'cos oi ain't evah yousing the argh-bee controlah. Gee-aytch controlah fuh de ween.

Can someone please tell me why this game is so great. I need convincing to shell out £180 for this on the PS3 and Im still umming and ahing because I have a feeling Guitar Hero 4 will be a better BAND game, I can get that for Wii and not lose online or DLC AND I already have a guitar from GH3. BUUUUUUUUUT.....I'm an impatient git and I want to play it now. Sooooo, why is Rock Band so good, and particularly better than Guitar Hero (guitar sections).

Can someone please tell me why this game is so great. I need convincing to shell out £180 for this on the PS3 and Im still umming and ahing because I have a feeling Guitar Hero 4 will be a better BAND game, I can get that for Wii and not lose online or DLC AND I already have a guitar from GH3. BUUUUUUUUUT.....I'm an impatient git and I want to play it now. Sooooo, why is Rock Band so good, and particularly better than Guitar Hero (guitar sections).

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill on DLC = INSTANT PURCHASE

---

Play.com have shipped my game, I think they've sent the game in the post and the instruments via parcelforce. Which means I'll have some instruments floating about until like Froday when the game will arrive. :(

Does anyone know how many online bands you can create?
You can't actually create online bands because Band World Tour isn't online supported. :( Still, you can have a few different groups of friends who you play online with regularly, though it won't track your progress as a band or anything.

Guest Jordan

What sucks is, you can't change the leader of your band. Meaning you can't change your band members easily.

Not only that, but you have to increase your difficulty to get to get more fans past around 600K.

Guest Stefkov
Not only that, but you have to increase your difficulty to get to get more fans past around 600K.

Sucks. My sister will be on Easy on drums like always...

My brother tried doing Drums on hard, he failed, went back to medium.

I don't have that problem with the guitar, I always choose Expert. ;)

I've started Drum Solo Tour on Hard. It's a lot more difficult, but should become more fun when I get the hang of it. Plus, I'll probably end up being better at playing real drums...

I don't have that problem with the guitar, I always choose Expert. ;)

I've started Drum Solo Tour on Hard. It's a lot more difficult, but should become more fun when I get the hang of it. Plus, I'll probably end up being better at playing real drums...

Me too. (All of the above :heh:)

Hang on, so you cant go through career online? You just play songs? I suppose thats okay....sort of.... You can only play through career locally?

Can you have 2 players playing on one console against 2 players on another online?

Anyone who ordered from Play.com can you tell me whether they packed the game with the instruments?

Just checked my tracking and instruments are 24 hours delivery, if they've not sent the game with them I will spend the day staring at the instruments crying.

Anyone who ordered from Play.com can you tell me whether they packed the game with the instruments?

Just checked my tracking and instruments are 24 hours delivery, if they've not sent the game with them I will spend the day staring at the instruments crying.

I waited 4 days for my game to arrive after the instruments came.

I ordered the instruments through Play and the game through shopto, both came the next day, both with free shipping (and some quidco discounts).

Hang on, so you cant go through career online? You just play songs? I suppose thats okay....sort of.... You can only play through career locally?
It's a game that comes boxed with a guitar and microphone and drums. It's designed for local multiplayer. The main reason to get this game is to have a band with your mates, using your living room like a stage at a concert.

Edit: I just realised I said "the game comes boxed with the instruments". lul, irony. You know what I meant :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!