NEurope
Dan_Dare

Battlestar Galactica Season 4

...has started. those with the means can watch it now.

my thoughts later.

I'll quote the other thread:

Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Episode 1

Awesome, surprising and dramatic start on the new season.

9.5/10

Better than all of season 3 combined. Is there an official BSG thread?

Awesome. Great action, great acting fantastic character development and wonderful music. A great start to the season.

9.5/10

Battlestar Galactica, Season 4 e1

Been wanting to watch this for a while, figured id start now. I Watched the 10 minute catchup thingy which unsurprisingly didn't exactly make everything crystal clear.

Anyway, despite being confusing, it was so gut!! Is this the usual standard??

Watched!

Very good but tbh I get a bit pissed with the lack of diplomacy. With the Cylons that they have in captivity and freely roaming aboard they should have already started to reason with them more. I know that that is what this whole season is going to be about but dammit.

Anyone notice that we still don't know who 1 of the cylons is yet? Guius would be so happy if he knew...

Could somebody pm me with a tip of how to watch this? Ive been waiting a whole year for Season 4! I watched seasons 1, 2 and 3 in a week back in Feb 2007 and have been starved ever since. This is the season where I die!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3XwA32zP8

I'm killed at the 4 minute mark....

Wow, really liked that episode.

I really enjoyed the spiritual part, although I could see the outcome miles away.

Watched!

Very good but tbh I get a bit pissed with the lack of diplomacy. With the Cylons that they have in captivity and freely roaming aboard they should have already started to reason with them more. I know that that is what this whole season is going to be about but dammit.

Anyone notice that we still don't know who 1 of the cylons is yet? Guius would be so happy if he knew...

Abot that the final Cylon. Diana or whatever her name is knows who the final cylon is and has some connection to him or her. She saw at least one of them on wannabe Jupiter and said something like "I'm so sorry, I had no idea". As far as I know, the only one out of the four she may have any connection with his Tigh with is captivity on New Caprica, but I could definitivily be Baltar too, making him the final Cylon.

What did you think about Tigh killing Adama? That was one the most shocking moments I have experienced on BSG. I believed it to be true all they way until it was revealed it was only a dream. I guess Tigh is afraid he will end up like Boomer.

Abot that the final Cylon. Diana or whatever her name is knows who the final cylon is and has some connection to him or her. She saw at least one of them on wannabe Jupiter and said something like "I'm so sorry, I had no idea". As far as I know, the only one out of the four she may have any connection with his Tigh with is captivity on New Caprica, but I could definitivily be Baltar too, making him the final Cylon.

What did you think about Tigh killing Adama? That was one the most shocking moments I have experienced on BSG. I believed it to be true all they way until it was revealed it was only a dream. I guess Tigh is afraid he will end up like Boomer.

I figured it was a dream as they wouldn't write out Adama ;) But still yes a very good episode, handled very well and I hope the season continues in this way.

As for who's the final Cylon, I wouldn't really bother guessing we're not going to be right. Or at least that's the philosophy I'm taking :) I'll just be surprised.

I really, really, really, really, really hope Baltar isn't the final Cylon.

Well here is my philosophy on the whole thing. I recon that they haven't decided who they want it to be. Dramatically, it will either be Odama or Baltar.

I recon that they'll keep us guessing right up until the very last minute, sending Baltar deeper into the "human hell" that he has created by lifting up Odama. Then we will be left with a Satan or God decision of who it could, which will in turn reflect entirely on what the Cylon race is really like.

What do people think the outcome is going to be in the story in general though? Peace or complete devastation on one side?

either escape, destruction or, in a weird twist, some kind of cycle where humans and cylons turn out to be the same kind of thing and the hybrids settle on earth to become us :)

Aha! Someone who actually might believe in my theory...

Considering how pre-destined everything feels, do you recon that there's a chance that the whole thing is a cycle? Over and over again, in which the human races splits itself in half (spiritually) and then combines together again on earth?

Considering how pre-destined everything feels, do you recon that there's a chance that the whole thing is a cycle? Over and over again, in which the human races splits itself in half (spiritually) and then combines together again on earth?

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

that's pretty much my theory, yeah :)

Episode 1 was pretty good, but it leaves a lot to be explained. Let's hope that they can manage it all.:)

I'm wondering if the Cylons are actually the 13th tribe.

They pray to one God like we do and there are 12 models so to say to fight the 12 colonies.

Yes I know I make little sense, but that was one thing that came to my mind some time ago.

Theologically, 12 is a very significant number and pops up all over the place in human history. This is for several reasons but one of them being that it is divisible by both 3 and 4, both of which are the most common symbollic numbers.

Most notably in the series, you can see the how the 12 zodiac signs make up the colonies. But the other most famous 12 in human history is that of the disciples of Jesus, which I would think is the foundation for the 12 cylon models. They are preaching the one true god.

What we should be asking ourselves is: There are 13 colonies, maybe there is a 13th model? (Or will that be human-cylon hybrids?)