NEurope
Dan_Dare

Battlestar Galactica Season 4

yeah. skin jobs can tell eachother apart, but the more basic cylons (raiders, centurions) can't: If they're told to go left by one cylon and right by another, they see it as one cylon saying go left, then go right.

Really? That wasn't the impression I got. I thought that those chips just stop them having any kind of reasoning process because they said that it stopped any kind of higher brain function. The reason they reacted was because they hadn't had the ability to react to the way that they were being used and the raiders mistreated.

it's from a while back in season 3 I think, but it'd definitely been mentioned. I can't pin it down exactly but it was when Baltar was with the cylons and Diana kept ordering them to shoot her in the head. If you go back, I'm certain it's there :)

those chips: once higher thought process is restored, presumably their able to think enuogh to see the differences.

it's from a while back in season 3 I think, but it'd definitely been mentioned. I can't pin it down exactly but it was when Baltar was with the cylons and Diana kept ordering them to shoot her in the head. If you go back, I'm certain it's there :)

It was Athena (before she was called Athena). She said that the Centurions were unable to tell one skinjob from another, hence she could walk right past them on New Caprica. The skinjobs can instantly tell the different skinjobs apart.

Ahhh ok... yeah season 3 is a bit blurry for me so yeah it probably is in there somewhere. See, told you I was missing something!

The poor cylons! Are they dead? Have their lines been boxed? Was there a Rez ship close by?! Good god I MUST KNOW!

they're properly dead, I think. The trick was for them to go and pick up 3 from a server several jumps away, but the 1s didn't jump the res ship, then opened fire.

My assumption is that it's just the 6's and 8s in the fleet as opposed to the entire line that are dead. Now, the 1s and the others are free to do as they please and continue hunting the humans.

They didn't tell us what happened to the Cylons!

A fleet-only episode, but it was still fantastic. I loved how they only mentioned Roslin's wig a good while into the episode.

A good funeral scene for Calandra - it really is quite amazing how much she changed throughout the series (and to think that they originally planned to kill her during the 3rd episode of season one), and great development for Saul. I wonder what he'll do at the beginning of the next episode. And will Tryol actually be demoted?

And will Lee mention anything about noticing Tory's erection to Baltar's speech?

Loads of questions opened up in every single episode, but I love it.

Hopefully the next episode will focus on the Demetrius and the Cylon fleet.

I didn't like this one. The only scenes that didn't almost make me fell asleep was the Raptor scene and Adama/Tyrol scene.

I'm not surprised some people write Callie instead of Cally but Calandra? Come on....

Yeah it was a slow episode. Not that much happened but it was great to see the XO doing something cool other than just being grumpy. Seems like they are steering Lee into a shit storm and Roslyn is getting more annoying as time goes on. And honestly... the big man seems to be going soft.

Quite a religious episode. It was pretty slow but I really liked how they showed quite a few different aspects of religion with their good and bad parts.

An interesting idea of showing faith, which I just realized, was how Torri grew stronger and more confident by embracing the fact that she is a machine and therefore superior.

Also I'm quite confused about Six's relationship to the XO. It seemed like this has been going on for some time before the episode and does Six suspect he could be one of the final five?

On another note I did some research on the Demetrius (Starbucks freighter). I suspected the name had some relevance and indeed in Greek mythology Demetrius is the son of Demeter and saviour of mankind - so quite a fitting name.

Colonel Tai makes me laugh, he's the Bill Buchanan of battlestar, always stating the obvious and short recaps.

Read somewhere that the names of the colonies are Greek too.

Umm do you mean the Wikipedia reference-linkAstrological_sign as in zodiac? Thought that was just common knowledge.

How in the world should something like that be common knowledge?

Just trying to help. I am sorry.

How in the world should something like that be common knowledge?

Just trying to help. I am sorry.

Ahhh sorry, I keep forgetting that people aren't all from the UK here. I wasn't really being critical anyway. The signs of the zodiac are very well known here, "reading your starsign" is a common past time here where you read predictions for your sign about what is going to happen to you in the near future. Most people think that its a pile of crap but its good for a bit of fun.

Each sign of the zodiac has a distinct personality to go along with it, which fits the themes in BSG very well. Also there are links between the zodiac and the greek gods (old gods from BSG) as both have a basis in astrology (or astronomy... can't remember which).

Episode 4 was definitely slow, but it was a very good episode nonetheless. Episode 5 should have a lot going on to make up for it.

That was a quality episode. I expected Tigh (sp people!) to knock caprica six flying in the cell to show his true colours but alas, nay.

I like how the cylon 'projection' vision is affecting the 4. Head fucks ftw.

Not as good as the first three, but better than the fourth. I don't like the religion thing, it was interesting in the beginning but it's getting boring very quickly. What happened on Demitrius was slightly more interesting. What I enjoyed the most wasn't the changes in Baltar or Starbuck, but Athena and Helo. I never liked them since I first saw them in season one, but on Demitrius they are great. I always looked at Athena as a cry baby and nothing compared to Boomer, and Helo was just annoying, but now, it's kind of hard to explain but they were more interesting to follow, especially in this episode.

There's been a lot of character changes this season. I like it, but I think the story suffers a little. The five episodes could have been summed up in just two.

Two podcasts(commentaries for episodes) are up now. Anyone else having trouble downloading them?

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast.php

I found this to be the weakest episode of this season so far. It dragged on too long without much going on. Sure Helo was outstanding but that's about it. Although they tried to focus on Starbuck and the whole Demetrius thing it didn't really become clearer to me what exactly drives Starbuck and why that Cylon is actually on board or what his true motives are.

ok i just caught up to 6. Pretty fuckin wicked so far. Anyone else seen this weeks?

Anyone else seen this weeks?

It's pretty awesome.

I don't want to wait until next week to see what happens - I want to watch them all right now.

It was awesome.

Final Five from Earth, that was some serious mindfuck.

I'm with Cube. Next episode please! Judging by the very last scene, I'm guessing that it's really gonna kick off.

They purposely didn't show the base ship getting back to Galactica. Everyone is gonna want to hate Starbuck so bad but maybe the 4 skin jobs can make themselves known soon.

Plus the beginning of the episode was sweet, Sam going sick of Felix (whiney bitch) was awesome. He got some really good stuff this episode, he's a character that I've been waiting for them to flesh out a little.

And yay! Diana is coming back.

I totally forgot about the Opera House dream from season 3 - at least we know it has some importance in future episodes.

Final Five from Earth, that was some serious mindfuck.

They hinted at it before - the temple of five was created by the thirteenth tribe, plus the tune is from an Earth song.

The scene with that Six explaining her trauma was a great scene.

Is there any news on if they'll have the second half ready in time?