NEurope
david.dakota

Nintendo Media Summit 2008

Mah, don't care. Nintendo have basically said a big "fuck you" until E3.

Mah, don't care. Nintendo have basically said a big "fuck you" until E3.

Nintendo says "fuck you" until the games are in your hands lol

Nintendo says "fuck you" until the games are in your hands lol

Haha!

Nintendo Media Summit 2008 - Press Conference

Press: So Reggie, what can you tell us about your new game releases?

Reggie: Games? We don't make games... who told you that? Would you like us to make games?

Iwata: Yes, I would like to confirm that we do not make games, eventhough speculation has assumed otherwise.

Press: But...

Reggie: No.

Press: *silence*

And the next day Kid Icarus comes out globally with a massive advertising campaign with the tagline "We Lied".

Anyone else think we might see Disaster: Day of Crisis at this event? It just got a new release date for Japan (July 3rd I think) maybe Nintendo is going ot come out and say suprise, it's done thinking we all forogt about it.

Anyone else think we might see Disaster: Day of Crisis at this event? It just got a new release date for Japan (July 3rd I think) maybe Nintendo is going ot come out and say suprise, it's done thinking we all forogt about it.

Thanks for not reading my earlier post! :heh:

Im expecting (or rather, hoping) Disaster: DoC is present. Either playable or in video form. The game is getting a release in 2-3 months in Japan. It gotta be almost finished by now. Dont tell me they dont have anything to show us! (Unless they have no intentions to release it here at all...)

I think they'll have a larger focus on DS, along with WiiWare, WiiFit and Mario Kart. E3 will be the time they'll show us the big Wii titles. They can use this opportunity to show us some new love towards DS. It's been rather quiet for DS post-Zelda, hasnt it?

Im expecting (or rather, hoping) Disaster: DoC is present. Either playable or in video form. The game is getting a release in 2-3 months in Japan. It gotta be almost finished by now. Dont tell me they dont have anything to show us! (Unless they have no intentions to release it here at all...)

I think they'll have a larger focus on DS, along with WiiWare, WiiFit and Mario Kart. E3 will be the time they'll show us the big Wii titles. They can use this opportunity to show us some new love towards DS. It's been rather quiet for DS post-Zelda, hasnt it?

Again, only in Europe. There are many many brilliant games that have just come out for the DS. You just might need to get your import on.

George Harrison has taken those pie charts with him.

Aaaand good riddance.

thursday I heard...but dont have any confirmation that I can find...

It begins today (the 10th). Expect lots of WiiWare stuff, with a couple of new bits and pieces. Don't expect anything major though.

It begins today (the 10th). Expect lots of WiiWare stuff, with a couple of new bits and pieces. Don't expect anything major though.

Your right, most is embargoed till Monday. There will be one Wiiware game shown (which is excellent, so IGN say) and info on games we already know about it (So definately Disaster).

There 'may' and i mean 'may' be one new Wii game shown...but to be honest, if Reggie said E3 is the place it's all happening, then don't expect any new Wii games at this summit.

I really would like new videos/screens of Disaster and Wii Music! We have no-idea whats happening with those two!

To be honest, it may be a good idea to show A game at NMS for the Wii, as at the moment Nintendo don't have anything announced upcoming for release. And while yes they've said they have a lot to announce at E3, by releasing interest in an upcoming game could help to keep a bit more interest in the console, i.e. people still wanting to buy the console over the next couple of months before they unveil the biggies at E3 with the future promise of games coming out.

Oh noes. Not the fuc♪ing embargo crap.

It's not crap there are reasons behind embargoing.

The embargo lasts until tomorrow?

Yeah, if anything decent was shown, tomorrow will be the day we get the news!

Apparently everything gonintendo has goes up within the hour, so we don't have to wait long at all for those pie charts.

Edit:

Wow, just watched the IGN recap. Nintendo honestly shouldn't have bothered. Nothing new revealed. Yeah nothing. Nothing I want, not even Samba Di Amigo anymore. They better be revealing something big.... actually a couple big things at E3 or else the Wii goes away for a while.

Apparently everything gonintendo has goes up within the hour, so we don't have to wait long at all for those pie charts.

Edit:

Wow, just watched the IGN recap. Nintendo honestly shouldn't have bothered. Nothing new revealed. Yeah nothing. Nothing I want, not even Samba Di Amigo anymore. They better be revealing something big.... actually a couple big things at E3 or else the Wii goes away for a while.

Aaand here we go, generic conference reactions. Keep em coming!

Well, to be honest myself i was expecting a little more of this nintendo summit. They could've use this chance to reveal something big, since it's an event exclusively from Nintendo.

I really hope they bring something good at E3, although i rather doubt it.

By the way, when is schedule E3? Is it for May?