NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

$1 to the Animal Protection Institute

As you may have read on http://www.revo-europe.com;

From now until November 21, Nintendo is launching a "Where's DK? Search Event" - find the ape and Nintendo donates a dollar to the Animal Protection Institute!

Those interested in participating need to follow clues found at; http://www.whereisdonkeykong.com

By doing so, participants will uncover DK’s mysterious whereabouts while earning donations towards a chimp-friendly charity.

Nintendo will be donating a dollar to the Animal Protection Institute’s Primate Sanctuary for every person who can actually manage to locate Donkey Kong

I think this is a very worthwhile cause and everyone should take the 2 minutes that the 'search' takes to find Donkey Kong and in doing so everyone will be donating $1 to the Animal Protection Institute!

There are currently 1,023 members, so with atleast 1,023 replies;

That's $1,023!! and really puts in perspective what a different we can make!!

Post your free Donkey Kong signature (the 2nd of 5 free prizes for doing the 'search'), to show you've completed the search!

Thanks!!

sigImage.gif

I've completed the search; $1 from me!!

Its also great for Nintendo's reputation n_n. I got it too btw n_n

I just did it, and come on everyone, it takes about 2 mins and raises money for a good cause.

<a href=donkykondsig0tj.gif' alt='donkykondsig0t

Its also great for Nintendo's reputation n_n. I got it too btw n_n

i'm sure this campaign has convinced a few more easily-influenced teenagers that nintendo really cares :indeed:

i'm sure this campaign has convinced a few more easily-influenced teenagers that nintendo really cares :indeed:

That i dont know. But we may have Greenpeace on our side now MWuahahahhaha

I prefer the term sarcastic...and i was being very serious n_n. But this one i couldnt resist.

Dirty and cynical.

definitely. it's great that nintendo want to donate money to charity, but using charity donations as an excuse to force five minutes of advertising down our throats is a bit beculiar.

I'm referring to the campaign. I took part, but still.

My bad as always n_n sorry.

But its still a nice move...it doesnt really hurt anyone. It's actually helping somewhat I guess.

That's very true, and that's why I took part. It could have been a far more selfless act, though. A straight-up donation, perhaps.

Agreed. They could have just send a big cheque. But then no one would really know they did it.

Publicity is just something that comes with it. Which is of course good. But it's not like Nintendo are life savers now. And I dont think they only do this to get more people to buy their stuff. Who knows? Maybe these people came to Nintendo first to ask them.

Found him but I can't be bothered to put that signature here - after all I don't feel it is important if someone believes me I did it or did not do it.

I think it is very common that big companies donate for a few othe reason than pure generosity. Marketing, you can put donations on your tax profiles, etc... As long as people who need the money get more it is a good deal I think.

I did it, good old Nintendo. Even if they're just wanting to sell DK... who cares?

Thanks to all those that have taken part already!!

Come on everyone!!

Only 12 people have replied/contributed here out of the 1023 members we have!

Whatever you think of Nintendo for doing this, it really doesn't matter; all that matters is that they are! and they're giving us the chance to help a very worthwhile cause!!

If you have contributed, please post your name here;

It would be awesome to raise $1,023!!

Did it, even though my computer had trouble loading those sites (took ages -____-; ) and I actually sort of didn't know the answers to the quiz, which just didn't seem to matter anyway.

Sign in to follow this