NEurope
Tellyn

Thriller Mafia

Mundi, i'll type an uber long statement out refuting that tomorrow or something. But i'd like to just quickly say, if we are looking at the whole Gizmo issue, you are the one who stepped in first and said gizmo was lying, your just as likely from then on to be a good person. Oh and also, as i said, Bad guys have died who are connected to agencies, and yet, you've said nothing about that. Next you said i've distanced myself from Esquiel, if i was doing that as you so claim, then why am i not voting for him? That would be the ultimate distancing would it not be?

"-Twice in the write up it has been said that the evil mafia can´t communicate with each other thus showing that the mafia can´t function as a mafia"

They have dons, yes i'll say it all day long, you can say "it's a twist" and i'll say "no it's not, it proves there's a mafia"

-11 evil characters dead 3 good character

-The same guy referred as a agent who has only killed evil/neutral and the fact that every good guy that has died is connected to some agency

You know my reasoning behind this fact and yet came up with a much more complex one yourself.

-Esequiel (who is being voted to show as proof to this theory) withholding important information that could have saved people´s life before by he chose to keep it to himself which is mafia like behaviour

I have done the same through the game, i haven't revealed until now that Jayseven could kill (OMG LOOK A KILLER WHO WAS EVIL) but only on odd nights, and why? I didn't think it would lead us anywhere.

Oh well

Yes I stepped in first because Gizmo was lying because I didn´t want to be a spoil sport and keep that info to myself so I could have my own glory moments at the cost of other people´s lives

I have never denied the dons I´ve just said they can´t too much

If they can´t communicate they can´t really send someone to kill can they

How is "They send the same guy to kill to mask their identity" more complicated then "He´s a lone individual"?

Actually I remember that one, Jayseven posted his powers on another thread and you said it on the thread

And that information is irrelevant because Jayseven died when you found that one out.

Esequiel knew all this info when they were alive which is the differance.

No, Mundi, that's the hole in your argument, Esequiel being good proves absolutely nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Not a single thing. All it will prove was wether he was lying or not.

It shows that he lied about his alignment and shows that the reason behind that he said that DomJcq is good because he knew from being his team mate

No we don't... and no it isn't. All we know is that the Evil cannot communicate amongst themselves. We know they are A mafia, not THE mafia. Heck, they're evil, that's what they do, they plot against the good. But what we must fear is an organised entity who's goal is to wipe all others out. And in a disbanded mafia, each has their own individual goals, what we must fear, is organized crime... this "good mafia" may just be a theory, but it's starting to make A LOT of sense.

Did you choose to ignore the part where I said that would mean 2 mafias? I never said it automatically excluded the possiblity of another one, just that it makes it unlikely to have 2 mafias. Most likely we have no mafia this time around. Just lots of scattered bad guys that can't be linked, thus, harder to eliminated all and a group of good guys. That's the twist, it's usually the other way arround.

It shows that he lied about his alignment and shows that the reason behind that he said that DomJcq is good because he knew from being his team mate

Isn't his power supposed to be investigative? Because if it is, it's natural that he knows things about Dom. Unless he specifically said Dom's on his team and I missed it.

How is "They send the same guy to kill to mask their identity" more complicated then "He´s a lone individual"?

Because it's assumes so much more, that's why

Actually I remember that one, Jayseven posted his powers on another thread and you said it on the thread

And that information is irrelevant because Jayseven died when you found that one out.

Esequiel knew all this info when they were alive which is the differance.

Jonnas made darksnowman use his power on Vicar, that was on night 1. See? i know my powers not the greatest in the world, but imagine my annoyance when cube sends me what i already knew about Jay (from the other thread) but there's nothing i can do about that is there?

Or how about the most natural of reasons ever? Hellfire mentioned it earlier too so no complaining that i came up with it. He doesn't want to die? Face it, you've labelled esetc as good, and then you say good = bad, so is it not natural for anyone who you have called good, to be afraid of saying that?

But your team mate thing is also valid, either of them are

OOORRR that scattered remains of the mafia are what we usually call "townies" and work like that, win when the agents (mafia marked as good) are gone

If the game was set where this role reversal thing is not in it

Then Esequiel response to the whole good is bad thing would not be "No I´m neutral"

I imagined that he would rather defend that being os good, not distance yourself from it just at the mention that good could be bad here

Did you choose to ignore the part where I said that would mean 2 mafias? I never said it automatically excluded the possiblity of another one, just that it makes it unlikely to have 2 mafias.

I didn't ignore, I just meant that a unorganized mafia isn't much of a threat, as they probably end up killing each other most of the time, since there are so many. Hence, evil mafia = lolz.

Most likely we have no mafia this time around. Just lots of scattered bad guys that can't be linked, thus, harder to eliminated all and a group of good guys. That's the twist, it's usually the other way arround.

Now that would make sense.

It still proves nothing about the good mafia. We already pretty much know that there are some good guys who can talk amongst themselves.

Yeah but why would he lied about being neutral the instant someone says

"The good could be the bad guys here"

Why should one want evil townsies to win, unless they're evil?

Who's marked at good at death is good. Good. Right? The only possiblity of someone not good appearing as good is when they're investigated right? So that means that even if this so called good mafia exists (I believe a good secret agency exists), they would only benefict from eliminating evil, thus eliminating the evil mafia or scattered mafia as you said. Like OW said, a mafia which goal is to eliminate everyone else is what we should be worried, but would a mafia comprised of people that are Good, with Good secret agents, that killed mostly Evil people be suspicious? I know, I know "Good could be bad", but I don't believe it's to that complete extent, what I think this means is that instead of having organized mobsters and scattered good guys we have organized good guys and scattered mobsters. I'm pretty damn sure that's the twist and it doesn't change the fact that evil is evil and good is good, it just changes the fact that the faction that is organized is a different one.

That would mean that the good faction would know who all the evils are and can just kill and lynch every single one of them with no trouble.

I still say it´s role reversal

The only difference in this game and every other is that good and evil have swabbed their marks

So... let's take things into consideration.

Death Toll:

Evil - 11

Good - 3

Neutral - 4

This is the Thriller Mafia. Every good thriller has it's great twist. This mafia has it's own twist as well.

There are more bad guys than good guys. The bad are unorganized and more numerous, the bad have become what we've come to know as "townies". They're still bad, mind you... but this time they've got the numbers. And then there's the good guys. This time the good guys are the ones who're organized, this time... the good are the "mafia". It's as simple as that. They're still good, all they're doing is trying to keep the town safe, but this is an Evil town. This time, it's gonna be the baddies trying to get rid of all the goodies by lynching them, while the good guys are organized and are trying to kill off the baddies.

We've come to this conclusion, this town was already under mafia control...and the goodies just came in to try and purify it... by force. Eh eh, very nice going meister Tellyn, meister Cube.

Now let's look at the numbers:

There were 35 of us. Now we're 17.

So, let's do some maths. There's usually around 7-8 "mafiosos", wich means that there's still about 4-5 "goodies" left.

As for the neutrals, there's usually 6-7 of us. 4 are gone, that leaves 2-3 of us. I'm one of these 2-3.

What does this mean? That there's somewhere between 9-11 baddies still around.

So, this is basically anyman's game.

As for me, I don't have a side, and I still haven't chosen one to support.

This, we know for sure:

Mundi is evil.

I'm neutral.

Nintendohnut is probably evil.

Dark & Dom are most likely good. The same for Esequiel.

Vicar is... confusing. God knows what he is.

So, BADDIES, come out, you can come clean, the majority is evil, so now it's a matter of weeding out the good guys for you.

Goodies, ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight you'll face hell. Pray for survival.

I´ve never said anything about my alignment

I´m neutral and have a snowballs chance in hell of winning

I´ll be long dead before I would get even close

I´ve never said anything about my alignment

I´m neutral and have a snowballs chance in hell of winning

I´ll be long dead before I would get even close

Nã. You're evil, ain't you? :heh:

Come on, you know you're gonna get targeted tonight either way...

Nã. You're evil, ain't you? :heh:

Come on, you know you're gonna get targeted tonight either way...

Well I can shout and shout I´m neutral bit it depends on someone else to say that

So I ´ll skip that part :Þ

Speaking of tonight I wouldn´t mind getting protection, if I´m right about this I´ve rightly pissed the mafia off

I was evil.

I'm now a neutral zombie, and I'm pretty sure all other zombies are too.

Zombies, by the way, can be alive (lol) and the game still won by anyone (other than a zombie).

This conversation is just going round and round in circles with the same people. We need the inactive members to come in and make a decision.

This is how things are from my perspective:

1) Possibility of 'good mafia' comes up : Only 3 good deaths, 11 mafia deaths, no regular mafia night kill, regular good 'agent' kill - two bullets.

People such as hellfire argue "why would a good agent kill good people?" - because in a normal mafia game, 'good' players don't know who is who. In this game, the 'agent' has only killed 'evil' and neutral people. Coincidence? I think not. His kills have been regular and has just been killing people not in his group in my opinion.

2) People who have been identified as good try to distance themself from being good in fear of being identified as a mafia - DomJcg, darksnowman

3) Esequiel claims the role of Horatio Cane, a good character from CSI Miami, and claims that he is neutral. If he wasn't in a good mafia, would he have claimed to be neutral? Surely it is better to claim to be good? He also provided an inconsistent story and withheld information which could have helped earlier. Also, he says he has info which he will reveal when there are 8 votes against him? Why not reveal something now? All he has done is vote for the people accusing him, but if he has information on supposed 'mafia' members, why hasnt he revealed it? Surely that is a better tactic than just voting for someone who has voted for you.

Lynching Esequiel will show if he is neutral, as he says, or if he is good, which he denies. If he is good, it will show he was scared to be identified as good as the secret of the 'good mafia' will probably be revealed.

@ the supposed good guys, Dom, Hellfire etc. : If he isn't good, and is indeed neutral as he claims, then why are you defending him? He has a different win condition to you, he is neutral, not good. He is no help to you, he has his own goals. The only reason I can see for you defending him is that he is part of a group that I believe that you are all in, and that if he is lynched, it will expose you. If you guys aren't in a good mafia with Esequiel, why not lynch Esequiel? If he dies and is neutral, it will clear your names and help destroy the claim of a good mafia. Surely it is worth sacrificing one neutral to clear your names as possible members of a good mafia?

PLEASE INACTIVE PEOPLE, SHORTY, THE FISH, GAGGLE, etc., please come on here and make a decision one way or the other, because we're just going around in circles otherwise.

I was evil.

I'm now a neutral zombie, and I'm pretty sure all other zombies are too.

Zombies, by the way, can be alive (lol) and the game still won by anyone (other than a zombie).

No way! I was the one who made zombies!! I never got a chance to make any!!! :confused: I'm a zombie too, btw.

Zombies come forth, we do nothing but exist, so why not identify ourselves.

Are you a crimson head too?

No way! I was the one who made zombies!! I never got a chance to make any!!! :confused: I'm a zombie too, btw.

Zombies come forth, we do nothing but exist, so why not identify ourselves.

Are you a crimson head too?

No, I'm just a run of the mill, normal zombie. Anyone who got the "cure" from Eenuh (I think) is like me.

Oh so there were two of us? Eh eh, I'm a crimson head! :D I can't be night-killed, you can! :D Who rocks? I rock! Who's awesome? I'm awesome! :D

Oh so there were two of us? Eh eh, I'm a crimson head! :D I can't be night-killed, you can! :D Who rocks? I rock! Who's awesome? I'm awesome! :D

I so want to vote for you right now... :wink:

Am I the only person who's a little concerned by the idea of fraking zombies running around the place? What's the voting at anyway?

If I´m not mistaken

5 esequiel

3-4 Nintendohnut

1 Me

and one no lynch

At least I think it is

Oh bloody hell, how the hell am I even supposed to guess at who to vote for, there's about half a dozen solid pages of text arguing one way and the other.

mr-paul you're behind the times, I'm not saying that the good guys aren't the equivalent of a mafia, just saying they aren't literally a mafia, but a group, meaning, for neutrals (unless their winning condition is evil), killing good people isn't a plus. Meaning, the good people are still good, but organized and neutrals, which winning condition is to be safe from threats should still fear the evil guys. I don't know if this is the case for all the goods though. Which OW summarized very well.

I do not want neither neutral nor good people to die.

If Mundi is indeed neutral I will withdraw my vote, but I need to see where this is going. Also, should we be afraid that our brains might get eaten?

Am I the only person who's a little concerned by the idea of fraking zombies running around the place? What's the voting at anyway?

We can't do shit. I'm stuck in my lab walking around... Seriously, the only thing we can do is exist. And I can't die. They can. lollers. Sorry about that The Fish, but who's gonna kill you anyway, we're indifferent to everyone's objectives, why would they kill us?

It´s pretty much word against here.

I just hope I´ll survive the night

mr-paul you're behind on the times, I'm not saying that the good guys aren't the equivalent of a mafia, just saying they aren't literally a mafia, but a group, meaning, for neutrals (unless their winning condition is evil), killing good people isn't a plus. Meaning, the good people are still good, but organized and neutrals, which winning condition is to be safe from threats should still fear the evil guys. Which OW summarized very well.

I do not want neither neutral nor good people to die.

If Mundi is indeed neutral I will withdraw my vote, but I need to see where this is going. Also, should we be afraid that our brains might get eaten?

And I´m just saying that the only differance between this game and the others is that the mafia are marked as good and the townies are marked as evil.

Which means it´s pretty much the same except we use a differant word over who to lynch.

And also as twist this is quite clever but extremely annoying...

Also on the whole the mafia are many and scattred thing. If that were the thing they would have won a long time ago because the mafia usually wins when they have the majority vote and by the looks of it they could have add the majority vote on day 1

Well considering there is an evil Don, that interpretation has to be wrong. There are either

a) Good Mafia and Evil Scattered Mafia

or

b)Good Group and Evil Scattered Mafia

or

c)Hell if I know

Point is, if someone's winning condition is when the mafia is no more, the evil people still are part of the mafia as we know there is an evil Don.

If there is an evil Don, there has to be an evil Mafia, scattered or not, meaning that the good guys can be in groups anyway, but they're not literally the mafia, as that way there would be, on the paper, 2 mafias, which would be unfair for neutrals.

It's confusing and weird, but do you see where I'm getting at? Evil is still evil and good is still good. Whoever's not evil, should still be voting for evil, that's the only thing that matters, because not all townsies are evil, there are many neutrals.