N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

Guest Jordan

Fuck.

The 4th act boss battle and ending cut scene were... undescribably awesome. Hell the entire 4th act made up for the dodgy start to the 3rd act.

Going to start the 5th once Letty is home (oh yeah and its 4pm and i haven't left this room to go to the toilet, eat, get dressed...)

I completed it this morning. Epic, going to start again tomorrow. Loved the ending but it was more about the journey, all four MGSs of it.

How the hell do you kill vamp? It's doing my head in.

CQC him with the nano suppressant. Basically blow him to shit until you knock him to the floor, while he is getting back up, run round and CQC him to make him vulnerable.

Did anyone notice in between cutscenes a question mark appear in the top left corner REALLY quickly?

Anyone know what you are meant to do with it?

The only things appear in the cutscreens are:

(x) Flashback images

[L1] First Person

The only things appear in the cutscreens are:

(x) Flashback images

[L1] First Person

In between some cutscenes (not actually in the cutscenes), I think I've seen it about 3 times, is a white question mark in the top left corner. It appears for less than half a second.

Just found out how to unlock Altair's costume:

When completing the game kill more than 50 enemies with the knife, have over 50 CQC holds, and get discovered less than 25 times.

F*ck that.

Edit: Can anyone tell me what is carried over when you start a game with a complete save?

Guest Stefkov
How the hell do you kill vamp? It's doing my head in.

I was wondering the same thing not long ago. I wasted all of my ammunition. Literally, trying to find out what to do.

I just finished Act 4. After starting it I was like, next time it has the save screen I'll turn off. Turned out to be at the end of the Act.

Before starting the Shadow Moses level did everyone else get the old game version? The screen went black, then it came up as Polygon snake. I was sat there thinking wtf, is this really why people thought this act was amazing. I tried it twice, died twice. Exited and it turned out to be a dream. That was fun.

The end of Act 4 was so epically awesome I actually, no joke, had a nosebleed.

Guest Jordan

Before starting the Shadow Moses level did everyone else get the old game version? The screen went black, then it came up as Polygon snake. I was sat there thinking wtf, is this really why people thought this act was amazing. I tried it twice, died twice. Exited and it turned out to be a dream. That was fun.

That happens to everyone, also you died? Lol.

Finished it earlier, ending was a little... Hm. I prefered the 'first' ending.

In between some cutscenes (not actually in the cutscenes), I think I've seen it about 3 times, is a white question mark in the top left corner. It appears for less than half a second.

Just found out how to unlock Altair's costume:

When completing the game kill more than 50 enemies with the knife, have over 50 CQC holds, and get discovered less than 25 times.

F*ck that.

Edit: Can anyone tell me what is carried over when you start a game with a complete save?

Yes, everything gets carried over to the meeting with Metal Gear Mk. II

Just finished this last night, an epic and to an epic game from the epic 21 year saga.

Didd I mention how epic it is? :heh:

Seriously though, best game I've played in a while, screw GTAIV this deserves GOTY.