N-Europe

Diary of the Dead

Fierce_LiNk

All I can say is...WTF! Another Romero film?! I haven't even seen Land of the Dead yet, but there's a new one coming out? Why did nobody tell me this?

I'm so excited I could blow my load right now. Wait....nevermind. I already did! Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Land Of The Dead was solid but just didnt compare to the original trilogy (Dawn of the Dead is one of the best films of all time and it's outstanding message on consumerism is under-looked by most) and as a result got unfairly slated. The film had some good moments, I definetly liked the idea of the zombies being able to learn and expand their brain power.

Hope this is good, looks like Cloverfield with Zombies. Hopefully a good combination.

I don't see what people's problem with "Land Of The Dead" is, I thought it was great fun. Sure it's got nothing on "Night..." but its still highly enjoyable. I'm intrigued by the concept for "Diary Of The Dead". Romero's theory that if something like this did happen in the present world, that peoples first though would be to head to social networking sites to discuss that mayhem that befouls them.

I shall watch with open eyes.

Apparently it's set in the UK - "28 Days/Weeks Later" anyone?

28 Days later re-defined the zombie genre by actually making zombies scary.

If you want to be really picky, you could say that 28 Days/Weeks Later isn't a Zombie film at all. The characters were infected with rage, and were not "the dead brought back to life."

Still, love the films. :)