N-Europe

PSN and Home Thread

Daft

It's really really interesting this stuff. Actually brilliant, the little text game is great, looking forward to the next. I hope they don't release new stuff too quickly cause I want to catch up.

Could Xi be something really significant? Like a codename for a new Sony product? It must be something big for them to make this trail.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the next thing you have to do is find what Jess' favourite band it. (In the spoiler if you can't be arsed...which I wouldn't blame you since it requires trawling :heh: )

AUTOMATIC

No I think it's the simple code from logging into the company thing page. There's a link to it on the computers upstairs. It's pretty easy you just have to listen to what you have to do.

Oh right Chuck has put up a guide anyway.

Just in case anyone was wondering about the PSN release of OutRun. It is coming out this Thursday!!

PSN OutRun is exclusive to Europe

SEGA has confirmed that OutRun Online Arcade will be released on the PlayStation Network on Thursday this week, just one day after it arrives on Xbox Live Arcade - but in Europe only.

The game will cost 10 euros on PSN, and 800 Microsoft Points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60 ) on XBLA. North American PS3 owners will just have to go without.

OutRun Online Arcade is the latest in a long series of arcade and home versions of SEGA AM2's classic 2003 racer, OutRun 2. In this case, it's a fairly straight port of the 2004 OutRun 2 SP arcade game (which appeared on home consoles as part of OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, are you still with us?) with an added online multiplayer mode and high-definition graphics. As with the previous home versions, the port was handled by the UK's Sumo Digital.

We've been power-sliding, air-punching and magical-sound-showering around this sunny nonsense all weekend, so expect a review very soon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/psn-outrun-is-exclusive-to-europe

Just in case anyone was wondering about the PSN release of OutRun. It is coming out this Thursday!!

Fantastic, Sumo Digital did an excellent job on the GTi Club Rally Cote de Azur port. Can't wait. I will be buying the XBLA version though. But I know a friend who is buying the PSN version, and we always ahare games anyway.

Fantastic, Sumo Digital did an excellent job on the GTi Club Rally Cote de Azur port. Can't wait. I will be buying the XBLA version though. But I know a friend who is buying the PSN version, and we always ahare games anyway.

Do you mean PSN sharing, like giving each other access to your accounts? Cause I think Sony are cracking down on that and don't allow it.

Do you mean PSN sharing, like giving each other access to your accounts? Cause I think Sony are cracking down on that and don't allow it.

Strange, my mate only downloaded worms from me yesterday. Oh well, even if they are cracking down, I will just have to buy it twice lol.

Really? Maybe it is just certain games? I would like to give it to a friend but I've got too many people on my download limit thing. So I'll have to ask Mike and Diageo to disable whatever it is you disable so I can do that.

Nom_Nom_Cake.jpg

Fat Princess Hands On

The word "unique" gets bandied about a lot these days, so it's hard to stay awake when you hear it coming out of a developer's mouth. Especially when you're jetlagged and you've had no lunch and you've already seen seven videogames today, all of them variations on the popular theme of shoot-the-monster-in-the-face. And especially when the word "unique" is followed by the phrase "combination of gameplay elements you've seen over the past ten to 15 years".

fat_princess.jpg

But it's a lot easier to stay awake when the game the developer is talking about revolves around swapping hats, slaying chickens and eating cake. Right then, Craig Leigh, lead designer at Titan Studios - you've got our attention.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fat-princess-hands-on

Sounds excellent.

Looks interesting. Cant wait for Fat Princess.

No they arent cracking down.

Okay, I'm not really a Star Trek fan but this is pretty cool.

Star Trek Boldly Goes To PlayStation Home

star_trek_home.jpg

Red shirts and spacey mini-skirts are coming to PlayStation Home, as the upcoming Star Trek, helmed by J.J. Abrams, sets a course for the PlayStation 3 virtual hang out zone.

Paramount Pictures and Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that a series of Star Trek movie promotions would be beaming to Home users starting tomorrow. That includes "an exclusive video greeting" from Abrams and the newest Star Trek movie trailer, both hitting Home as of Friday.

Also coming to Home are Starfleet uniforms and t-shirts, arriving in the Threads Store on April 23rd. Now, here's where we nerd out.

On Monday, April 20th, director J.J. Abrams and movie stars Chris "Kirk" Pine and Zachary "Spock" Quinto will visit Home for a Q&A session with "selected press and bloggers from around the world." That means Kotaku. And that means, if you have a burning question for Abrams, Pine or Quinto, we'll try to ask it on your behalf.

And if you have a preference for which of the three you'd like us to start cabbage patching with first, we'll try to honor that too.

They'll also be holding a post Q&A "virtual roundtable" within Home. Both events will be streamed live online at the Star Trek PlayStation Home web site.

So, think of something extremely clever, cutting and maybe insightful to ask, and we'll see you there on Monday.

http://kotaku.com/5215289/star-trek-boldly-goes-to-playstation-home

• 4 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/5246940/playstation-home-offers-affordable-housing

PlayStation Home Offers Affordable Housing

custom_1241884704212_chamberapthome.jpg

What's more affordable than free, anyway? Beginning Thursday (May 14) you can get some new digs in PlayStation Home if you're tired of the standard-issue harborside apartment. "Chamber Apartment" is free, but only for a week.

After that, you can expect to cough up some dough. The new pad features fantasy-inspired architecture, and a courtyard featuring a giant tree with a human face. No word if it talks.

Anyone know if this is happening in Europe?

I know it is highly unlikely.

Yes. Its free for one week then pay i think. All regions.

I brought the new log cabin. Its nice. :)

If anyone wants to do a meeting i am at the Start Trek event tomorrow. Come in Star trek uniform, its free.

Yeah I will do, should be around to then I hope...