N-Europe

PSN and Home Thread

Daft

I'm really loving Home. I like games where I can loiter and that's what Home is made for basically. :heh:

The onyl game supporting free unlocks right now si the Namco Museum beta on the Japan store.

I unloocked afew clothes and goodies.

I noticed Sony added earrings and few other items today. some categories are still empty though...

So if I downloaded the Namco Museum beta off the Japan PSN it'll open stuff in PAL Home?

Edit: Done it. I like my Pac-man t-shirt. :heh:

I HATE not being able to make trailers full screen.

It also need custom soundtrack.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlockables known so far:

Echochrome

4000 points on stage 1: Echochrome outfit (pants, shoes, gloves, shirt) x2 for male and female

10000 points on stage 1: Some sort of trophy

6000 points on Stage 2: Echochrome t-shirt and

10000 points on stage 2: Thinking man statue

20000 points on Stage 3: Echochrome table

Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker beanie hat - level 5

Ice breaker shirt - level 8

Ice breaker pants - level 13

Ice breaker shoes - level 16

Penguin Ornament/Statue - level 20

Carriage Return

No known awards for this arcade game.

Namco Beta-From Japanese PSN Store

Make a japanese PSN Account: http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Search until you see a namco download (its a big namco n). download, and install.

Pac-Man

1 Cherry - 1 gift in Home

1 Strawberry - 1 gift in Home

Beat first level - 1 gift in Home

Eat all 4 ghosts with one power pellet. - 1 gift in Home

Galaga

Beat Stage 1 - 1 gift in Home

Beat Stage 2 - 1 gift in Home

Get a Dual Fighter (let one of the yellow guys capture a ship then get it back by killing yellow guy) - 1 gift in Home

Get Your Ship Captured & Destroy It - 1 gift in Home

Dig-Dug

Beat first stage - 1 gift in Home

Get carrot in 1st stage - 1 gift in Home

Get turnip in second stage - 1 gift in Home

Kill 2 monsters with 1 rock - 1 gift in Home

Xevious

Complete first area

Complete second area

Find the Sol Tower using a bomb

http://media.strategywiki.org/images...us_TowersA.jpg

Find the flag and retrieve it using a bomb.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Image:Xevious_FlagA.jpg

Male gifts from Namco beta

* Namco hat

* 5 t-shirts

* 1 pair of shorts

Female gifts from Namco beta

* 5 t-shirts

* 1 pair of shorts

* 1 pair of shoes

Home space decoration/furniture from Namco beta

* 4 arcade cabinet

* 1 pooka statue

* 1 Namco chair

* 1 four in one table top arcade cabinet (to get the 4-in-1 table game cabinet, you need to unlock all 4 available achievements for all 4 games to get to Level 3)

Also how do i get to Sully's bar?

It's like a realistic Animal Crossing!! Animal Crossing needs to rip off all of Homes ideas and be Nintendos answer....

Anyways, FINALLY connected to it. The character creator is AWFUL. I've come to realise that simplicity really is the key to all this creation malarky! HOME appears to be pretty incredible, if a little freaky; but I just don't think it's something I'll bother with; it's too clinical, too other life-y; if it was a bit more simple, had a bit more charm and character I'd maybe go for it. I may dabble occassionally, see if it bites me; but I doubt it will. Extremely impressive though!

Home is the place for virtual conga. Totally what it was made for. They should have called it Sim Conga.

I like the idea of playing games for items. I love my PacMan t-shirt and my Echocrome feet. :heh:

I second the character creator being shocking. I can't even have facial hair without looking like a viking. I hope that is only a Beta thing...

Some of the character customisation categories are still empty... Only like 5 facial hair types... Alot less than Mii's temporarily.

I like the idea of unlockables though.

Also making a club costs money. Which is annoying though i guess this is so few are made.

Still couldn't get on last night tried 10-15 times to no avail...this time was getting connection lost to server errors...wierd it can't be like my firewall or something is blocking it as managed to get on during the first day of the open beta and got on the closed beta often

Still couldn't get on last night tried 10-15 times to no avail...this time was getting connection lost to server errors...wierd it can't be like my firewall or something is blocking it as managed to get on during the first day of the open beta and got on the closed beta often

No its not your fault, i keep getting the same errors but i basically just keep pressing x repeatedly for about 2 minutes and it finally logs me in

Really miffed, downloaded the new patch and it had forgotten my downloads...I had to reinstall each area... then discovered that I had also lost my unlockables...As it goes was only the echochrome ones but still really annoying...

EDIT;

BTW I have a japanese PSN account where do I get namco unlockables from?

Oh crap all my unlockables are gone! I know this is beta but its horrible.

dsc00706.jpg

Has anyone accessed the GT5P booth? Apparently you can unlock the pod.

Nope didn't know there was one...

I bought a coat (for 59p or something, just to see how it works) and it still remains...so it just unlockables that have gone missing.

Oh i got everything back. To get them load up previous games. E.g Namco Museum. Then when you go back home you get tons of unlocks.

Back to normal now. Except you have to decorate again.

How long for Sackboys?

well that didnt happen with the echochrome unlockables I had to play again and unlock them