NEurope
Daft

PSN and Home Thread

So once again HOME has been delayed. The closed beta will add more users and run through the summer and then the open beta will start sometime in the fall.

*sigh*

This was a giant undertaking by SCEE and i'm not supprised in the slightest.

WOW, it better be amazing when it finally comes out then!

Home has been delayed till 2009. The open BETA will start Fall 2008.

Bugger.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187459

PS3 film downloads this summer?

Sony could be taking on 360's Video Marketplace with its own film download service for PS3 as soon as this summer.

That's according to the LA Times, quoting anonymous "studio executives familiar with the plan".

Sony is apparently currently in licensing talks, with plans to beam TV programmes and movies to PS3 units via PSN.

The report comes after Sony marketing boss, Peter Dille, spoke of the incoming video service on the PlayStation Blog. "Many of you have been hearing rumblings about a video service that will allow you to download full-length TV shows and movies via PlayStation Network for North America."

He continued: "While I don't have any new announcements here for the PlayStation Nation, it's already been confirmed that we'll be offering a video service for PS3 in a way that separates the service from others you've seen or used. Ultimately the goal of the PlayStation Network service will be to break through the overwhelming clutter of digital media to give you the TV, movies and gaming content you want."

While Dille promised "more on this very soon", Sony UK refuses to comment on the LA Times report.

We say get those broadband connections ready for a video-fuelled battering real soon.

I know this is old hat on XBL but I'd still like to see what Sony will offer (Prices and such) especially as they have a massive in-house movie studio. Maybe full 1080p downloads could be on the cards.

Also, thanks to Jordan for changing the thread title!!

PSN Double Update next week!

6th May PlayStation Store update

PS3 Demos

Condemned 2

Haze

PS3 Games

Blast Factor Advanced

High Velocity Bowling

Street Skater

PS3 Content

Blast Factor Advanced Research

High Velocity Bowling Character - Mike

PS3 Trailers

Buzz! Quiz TV

Secret Agent Clank

Siren Blood Curse

PSP Games

Street Skater

PSP Trailers

Siren Blood Curse

8th May PlayStation Store update

PS3 Demos

Bourne Conspiracy

Race Driver: GRID

PS3 Content

Army of Two

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Def Leppard Track Pack

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Muse Track Pack

PS3 Trailers

Echochrome Apple

Play Compilation

Press Conference

It would be nice if they kept up with the double updates. PSN is close to barren.

PSN Double Update next week!

It would be nice if they kept up with the double updates. PSN is close to barren.

Was gonna post this! its because its playstation day we get a double update. definitly going to download haze and condemned demos....haze should be interesting isn't it co-op demo?

EDIT;

oh and the Bourne Demo!

Is the Haze demo definitely co-op? Local as well or just online?

I've racked up just over 4 hours of Super Stardust HD. It's crazy. Best fun I've had in ages. (You need to get the "Solo" expansion to get the most fun out of it.)

Some more news that I nicked from GT forums :)

Speaking to Daniel Hill at PlayStation Day we managed to gather a few tidbits of info about Home and where it's headed. Hill reiterated that the open beta will be happening this Autumn. He also added that the closed beta will be "extended" in July to include more gamers as well as, for the first time, European press. When asked whether Home would be fully functional for the open beta, Hill responded by saying that "Home will never be fully functional" and that it will continue to grow and evolve over time. The open beta will include all necessary features such as trophies and game launching.

Game spaces are slightly lower on the list of priorities, but not forgotten. Some are being shown off later this month to beta members and Hill stated that what he had seen of them is "really impressive." Game launching has extended beyond Warhawk to MotorStorm now, and this feature was demonstrated on the show floor at PlayStation Day. The feature allows you to select your option preferences, including track and number of laps, within Home. This allows you to almost immediately jump straight into the gameplay, rather than into another menu.

Hill also confirmed to us that trophies will be available in the XMB. "They have to be," he said. There's no word on when that will happen, but a 2D representation of your trophy list will be visible via the XMB at some point in the future. Obviously, the basic funtionality needs to be created within Home itself before being exported to the XMB, so don't expect it anytime soon.

It’s Thursday everybody…

PS3 store

New Products

Games

Dark Mist, SCEE, £4.99

Command & Conquer Red Alert, Electronic Arts Ltd, £3.49

Demos

Overlord Raising Hell Demo, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Packs

Pixel Junk Encore Pack, SCEE, £1.99

Everybody’s Golf World Tour Gloria Pack, SCEE, £0.69

Everybody’s Golf World Tour Alex Pack, SCEE, £0.69

Videos

Dark Sector Launch Trailer, D3Publisher of Europe Ltd, FREE

Welcome to Paradise City! The Ultimate Driving Playground, Electronic Arts Ltd FREE

Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway Trailer, Ubisoft Entertainment SA, FREE

Burnout Paradise Accolade Trailer, Electronic Arts Ltd, FREE

Haze TV Ad, Ubisoft Entertainment SA, FREE

Wallpapers

Overlord Wallpaper 1, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Overlord Wallpaper 2, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Overlord Wallpaper 3, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Overlord Wallpaper 4, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Overlord Wallpaper 5, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

Themes

Warhawk Eucadian, SCEE, FREE

Warhawk Operation Broken Mirror, SCEE, FREE

Eye Of Judgment Spellbound, SCEE, FREE

Eye Of Judgment Citadel, SCEE, FREE

Pain: The Dude Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain: ED T Bone, SCEE, FREE

Pain: Ice T Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain: Jarvis Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain: Cookie Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain: Ginger Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain Hung Lo Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain Muffy Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain Santa Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain Scurv Dogg Theme, SCEE, FREE

Pain Cookie Theme, SCEE, FREE

Overlord Theme, Codemasters Software Company Ltd, FREE

PC store

Games

WipEout Pure PLA, SCEE, £14.99

Command & Conquer Red Alert, Electronic Arts Ltd, £3.49

On the US store there is a Naruto trailer and also a DBZ:Burst Limit demo, on downloading them now. Oh yeah and a demo for Secret Agent Clank on the PSP.

Pretty crap update. I'll try Iron Man out though.

From Eurogamer:

Sony has updated PlayStation Network with a couple of PS3 demos, a couple of PSP demos and a bunch of packs for PSP navigation software Go!Explore.

Demo-wise, on PS3 we have Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, following its release on Xbox Live the other day, along with a demo of SEGA's sadly-execrable Iron Man adaptation.

PSP, however, gets two versions of an Everybody's Golf 2 demo - one for beginners, one for intermediate players - and an Ultimate Board Games demo.

That's along with Go!Explore packs for Benelux, DACH (?), France, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain & Portgual, UK & Ireland and "Western" - the latter presumably showing you how to walk across the desert while Clint Eastwood swigs water behind you. All cost GBP 14.99.

Also on the PS3 version of the Store, Sony points out, is a High Stakes Poker video-chat add-on, and a bunch of PlayStation Day promotional trailers (e.g. "Play is full throttle" and "Play has no limitations" along with Kaz Hirai's introduction).

And if you like reskinning your consoles, you can get a Pixeljunk Monsters Encore theme and wallpaper for PS3, or echochrome wallpaper for either PS3 or PSP.

Today's PSN update. Anyone know if Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is any good?

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/psn_content_290308_news_1092_tsa.aspx

PSN Content: 29/03/08

Today's main PS3 game is Wipeout HD Super Puzzle Fighter II, joined by Rayman (PS1) and Medievil Resurrection (PSP) alongside the Army of Two Veteran Pack and three trailers - Super Stardust HD, Overlord and the MGS4 E3 trailer. Here's the full list:

PS3 Games:

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (€9,99)

PS3 Game Content:

Army of Two - Veteran Map Pack (free)

PS1 Games

Rayman (€4,99)

PSP Games

MediEvil Resurrection (€19,99)

Videos

Metal Gear Solid 4 - E3 Trailer

Overlord - Trailer

Super Stardust HD - Solo & Teamplay Trailer

Media

PixelJunk Monsters - Wallpaper

Prince of Persia - Wallpapers

Update is there now.

For some reason I thought puzzle fighter wasn't coming out till streetfighter 2 hd was released.

wait a sec did I read right?!!!

Today's main PS3 game is Wipeout HD Super Puzzle Fighter II

Wipeout seriously?!!!! OMG!

no gutted...that and echochrome are the two PSN games I want! Has anyone downloaded dark mist? £4.99 seems like it may be worth a go!

491706.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190195

Monthly PSN-exclusive games program revealed

Sony has revealed plans to launch a monthly games show on the US PlayStation Store, entitled Qore: Presented by the PlayStation Network.

Produced by our friends over at Future US, Qore is an interactive "monthly digital program" that promises to deliver "exclusive playable demos, game previews, strategies and interviews with developers and key industry figures" via the US PSN Store, which debuts on June 5.

The currently US-exclusive program can either be purchased for "an introductory price" of $2.99 for the first episode, or splash out on a 13-episode subscription for $24.99.

As for us seeing Qore in the UK Store, Sony has told CVG: "SCEE are constantly looking at ways in which we can offer the best digital content to PS3 owners and PSN subscribers. With this in mind, we're currently in discussion with media partners, including Future Plc to explore a variety of options."

The show will be hosted by Veronica Belmont who, in case you don't know (or never cared) appeared in numerous other online video shows. The first episode containing "never before released" content on Socom: U.S Navy Seals Confrontation, Star Wars: the Force Unleashed, Secret Agent Clank, Soul Calibur 4 and Afro Samurai.

You can see Veronica (calm down boys) giving an introduction to Qore on the official PlayStation Blog.

Here is a trailer for it:

If it stays under the £15 mark for the UK and doesn't restrict non-paying PSN users this could be quite promising...but I somehow doubt it.

I don't there is any potential in it...bet we see it selling for £15 which means for half the price of xbox live we are getting a video game show with some exclusive content. Sony have always insisted online multiplayer will be free but I see this coupled with micro transactions (eg extra characters in pain for example) and selling expansions as their way of making online profitable. All leads credence to the concept that Gold Live in its current form needs to be become free and should become free as it is, with new bonuses for suscribing.

I hope the talk of exclusive demos doesn't mean we lose out on them from PSN, as the demo scene is already poor compared to 360. Especially in UK see USA are getting Civilisation this week with Europe just said to be getting it at a later date...its an all to familar story.

Qore has gone live apparently.

Another lackluster PSN update. I'll check out the Resi 5 trailer though.

PS3 store

Games

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Ubisoft Entertainment SA, £3.49

Demos

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Namco Bandai, FREE

Battlefield Bad Company Demo, Electronic Arts, FREE

Packs

Motorhead Track Pack, Activision Plc, £3.99

God Of War Theme DLC, Activision Plc, FREE

Toy Home: Second Gear Pack, SCEE, £2.99

Videos

Top Spin 3 Debut Trailer, 2k Sports Europe, FREE

Resident Evil 5 Trailer 2, Capcom CE Europe, FREE

PSP content available to download via PS3 Console store

Games

Killzone Liberation PLA PSP, SCEE, £14.99

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Ubisoft Entertainment SA, £3.49

PC store

Games

Killzone Liberation PLA PSP, SCEE, £14.99

i'll try out the battlefield demo, maybe...is anyone suscribing to qore?

Its not out in Europe...Not sure if it is going to come out. They hardly give us any content anyway.

Are we going to get a MGS4 demo? Chances are "no" right? With so few (and poor) game demos on the PSN I would have thought Sony would have pushed the classic PS1 games scene. Shame it isn't as varied as it could be. For example, how about MGS1 before/when MGS4 aunches? And where are the actual 'CLASSIC' PS1 titles such as FF/GTA/GT/Toca/Parappa/Ape Escape/Tony Hawk/DDR to name but a few...

I downloaded the Virtua Tennis demo and it was a pretty poor demo, motorstorm was also poor and with one track gave little to no indication about the quality of the title. I also recently downloaded the FIFA 08 demo and because it was set to professional difficulty it was just frustrating and NOT fun. (The euro2008 demo is far, far better though). And the PES2008 demo crashes everytime I play it when downloading anything else in the background.

Seems like a bit of a hash job tbh. But at least the option is there. The way I see it is that the PS3 is a long-term console so in, say three/four years I expect it to be a bustling hive of d/l content. If not Sony are shite.