N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy has it working (usa smash + UK freeloader). so it seems to work now (but will most likely FAIL when downloadable content and addons become available.)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=425&sid=b7dbe3668b816eee7375af8abc202f6a

Apparently, it involves a double insertion of the disc and then a historectomy

I'm just wondering, if an update messes up your wii, shouldn't nintendo's warrenty cover it? After all, you haven't modified your console or done anything illegal.

yes that should be covered... It is not unknown for the firmware to become corrupted especially if there is a power cut midway. (Nothing to do with freeloader)

However, if you use a USA update on your EU wii and its screwed, nintendo could screw you if it is obvious that this has happended

However, if you use a USA update on your EU wii and its screwed, nintendo could screw you if it is obvious that this has happended

How? I've read the user agreement in the manual and it doesn't say anything about playing other region disks voiding you warrenty.

Codejunkies still havent sent me an email confirming they stopped my order.

But the tick box is not there does that mean its been stopped? Because my dad wont order it from gameseek untill he knows they have stopped it.

Some things im unclearish about.

Do you need to update?

Does it work on a pal TV?

also does it work on firmware 2.3E

How? I've read the user agreement in the manual and it doesn't say anything about playing other region disks voiding you warrenty.

i havent read anything but if you use unofficial software (and even unofficial peripherals) why would nintendo support you? Seriously, its just common sense. I dont think nintendo would intentionally brick your wii for playing freeloader as this is not in their interests. However, I doubt they would test their regional updates on alternative region consoles force loaded using freeloader. (Yes, firmware is regional.)

i havent read anything but if you use unofficial software (and even unofficial peripherals) why would nintendo support you? Seriously, its just common sense. I dont think nintendo would intentionally brick your wii for playing freeloader as this is not in their interests. However, I doubt they would test their regional updates on alternative region consoles force loaded using freeloader. (Yes, firmware is regional.)

Because they would have to support you as they have a warranty for one year from purchase. If you are still covered by your warranty, then they have to fix your wii for free(as this is what they have promised in the instruction manual. And as far as i can make out, the freeloader does not break the user agreement.

CJ have just taken money off me after I did the return check box thing... I've already ordered elsewhere so now it looks as if i'll get 2 freeloaders. One will no doubt be up on ebay in a few days... All I can say is... BASTARDS!

Guest Jordan
CJ have just taken money off me after I did the return check box thing... I've already ordered elsewhere so now it looks as if i'll get 2 freeloaders. One will no doubt be up on ebay in a few days... All I can say is... BASTARDS!

Fucks sake...

Same here man. Exactly the same.