N-Europe

FRICK!!!! light laptop screen repair...?

Guest bluey

well

SHIT

i've scratched my beautiful macbook's screen!!!!!!! u_______u

EPIC FAIL!!

thankfully it's a really small, really light scratch - not really prominent or anything, but does anyone know of a way to fix this?? i mean, i know of cd cleaning kits that sort of.. fill in the scratch......?

...no?

am i dreaming?

just wondering :grin:

i can cope!! ... i think... >___<

goddddd i'm so stupidddddddd!!!!

Can't do anything i'm afraid.

Got a pic just out of interest?

eeh it's too small for even macro to pick up ~ i'm just being picky... you know when you have like, a teensie spec of dust on the screen and you *have* to wipe it off? it's just like that... but i can't wipe it away :(

Try rubbing tooth-paste into the scratched area.

...s.....seriously?? :wtf:

eeh it's too small for even macro to pick up ~ i'm just being picky... you know when you have like, a teensie spec of dust on the screen and you *have* to wipe it off? it's just like that... but i can't wipe it away :(

...s.....seriously?? :wtf:

No no jesus don't rub anything into your screen, either just ignore it or somehow break it in a way that will allow it to be repaired under warranty.

Either that or pay for it to be changed

lol ReZ.

You could buy a new screen on ebay and fit it yourself (I did this myself with a regular laptop when I'd never done anything like it before and it worked out great -although that screen had been shattered), if you dare. Unless it's still under warranty, then I wouldn't risk it.

No no jesus don't rub anything into your screen, either just ignore it or somehow break it in a way that will allow it to be repaired under warranty.

Either that or pay for it to be changed

Alot of people say they have tried it and it worked. I'm going to try it on the visor of the iPod cover that I have, it got scratched a week or so ago.

Pour vinager on the keyboard, then gently drip some acetone into the scratch. Wait exactly 30 seconds then rub away the excess with a cream cracker. Leave in an airing cupboard, whilst its switched on to dry it out.

Job done.

Have you tried soaking it in a nice hot bath for 20-30 minutes?

rez i tried all that but it didn't seem to work... then my keyboard wouldnt work for some reason so i tried your suggestion caris...

and now i'm suing you both. :grin:

*ignores scratch and tries desperately to move on with life*

Alot of people say they have tried it and it worked. I'm going to try it on the visor of the iPod cover that I have, it got scratched a week or so ago.

A cover for something, sure, there's nothing wrong with that, it'll work as a light abrasive, but I'd be insanely wary of applying it directly to a TFT screen, for fear of simply causing more scratches

rez i tried all that but it didn't seem to work... then my keyboard wouldnt work for some reason so i tried your suggestion caris...

and now i'm suing you both. :grin:

*ignores scratch and tries desperately to move on with life*

Do you not have any cover on your mac? If you do take it to your store and ask them to fix it or replace it.

As long as you haven't messed with the laptop itself (as in added new ram yourself etc as this breaches the contract apprently) you should be able to get it sorted :)