NEurope
Slaggis

Life On Mars?

2004156575690683685_fs.jpg

This photo was released by NASA a few weeks ago, it was taken on mars by the latest machine sent there. They have stated it "Must be just a oddly shaped rock". But, there's been buzz going round with people saying it's obviously some sort of "space yeti".:heh:

Thoughts?

But, there's been buzz going round with people saying it's obviously some sort of "space yeti".

OBVIOUSLY. what else could it be? :grin:

that picture is much clearer than the official NASA release i saw aaages ago when this first came out...

a) How did it get there?

b) How would it survive?

c) Why would it not have been noticed before?

d) It's a rock.

a) How did it get there?

b) How would it survive?

d) It's a rock.

a) Evolved there?

b) It's evolved to the Martian climate.

c) It's a small "thing" on a big red planet.

d) It is indeed a rock.

I'm going straight out for space yeti or Elvis. The rock explanation just seems far fetched, I mean come on, I don't think you can get much more direct evidence then that photo.

It's a tuskan raider on mars!

It would be nice if it was a alien. But why didn't they chase it if it was walking?

Chewbacca on his holiday again! Han Solo needs to check how many days he's been taking off.

I dont get that why the martian sky on NASA photo's is a redy/pinky colour, yet on European space agency photo's the sky is blue.

So what colour is it?

Jesus Christ fellas, if this were genuine we'd be invaded by now. This broke like a month ago! Or to use the popular nomenclature:

Old!

Jesus Christ fellas, if this were genuine we'd be invaded by now. This broke like a month ago! Or to use the popular nomenclature:

Old!

Hehe, sorry! I only just found it. I suck.

Anyhoo, it does looks incredibly like some creature thing, it's obviously not, but we can wish.

That is one weird rock though! None of the other rocks on Mars photos look shaped like that, probably because there's only wind erosion.

Is it not also really unlikely that the creature, if there were one on Mars, would be humanoid? I mean, what are the chances?

If this was to be evidence of life on mars, it would be more believable if they said it was a statue made by an ancient extinct civilisation that used to be on Mars millions of years ago

Is it not also really unlikely that the creature, if there were one on Mars, would be humanoid? I mean, what are the chances?

Well, not having any evidence at all to go by, id say between 1:1000000000 and 1:1.

Judging Earth, humanoids are pretty succesful...

It's Jack Bauer, filming the new season of 24, disguised as a rock. On Mars.

Yet again I´m mislead by a thread title... I thought at first it was a thread about David Bowie

a) How did it get there?

b) How would it survive?

d) It's a rock.

i lol'd :grin:

it's not a rock!! it's me! damn nasa caught me >__<

Yet again I´m mislead by a thread title... I thought at first it was a thread about David Bowie

me too :eek:

i had that song in my head for about 10 minutes after seeing this for the first time... hmmmmm....

I thought there was going to be a new series. You let me down Haggis.

But it's possible that there is life on mars. Why are people so quick to say that there isn't?