N-Europe

The VGcats Is Shite Brigade

Mr. Bananagrabber

I think the art is genuinely awesome, and the guy does an excellent job of catering to videogame fans with some hilarious results. It never used to be a webcomic I avidly enjoyed, but I make sure to read the latest release every Monday.

Just because someone doesn't like the Revolution pad doesn't make someone's webcomic shit, no matter how much you want it to. If you don't like his comic, you don't like his comic. You can't suddenly expect people to hate his work because of him saying exactly what a lot of people were thinking.

Whilst I disagree with the comment about the Revolution controller, and his subsequent decision that Nintendo were finished, I'll bet my ten cents he'll be on the bandwagon when it launches. People need to give this thing a chance, it'll probably end up selling in immense quantities over in Japan and we in Europe and those pesky American kids will see for sure if the DS aspect of gaming really can make the financially amicable transfer to the console market. Sure, what we're looking at isn't conventional, and I'm sure all of us are just a little bit concerned this just isn't going to work.

After seeing the device for the first time, my expectations plummeted. When I started to read more about it and lend my thoughts to Nintendo's new invention I couldn't help but feel intrigued. This device will certainly enrich various stale games and genres, and with the assurance a "regular" control option will be provided, I can't help but feel my excitement level rise. The above coupled with the fact we've been informed further secrets about the device are being withheld elicts that same anticipation I had for the GameCube as I read the launch details on IGN all those many moons ago.

Let's be truthful here, most of us were going to buy the Revolution even if it was a sex toy, although Rezolution may have been a more appropriate title given the vibrant reputation that particular headfuck has gained itself.

Bottom line is... stop hating on someone's work because they've dissed the precious. We've all done it, and it isn't going to stop here. You shouldn't be this sensitive to things said on the Internet, since everyone has journalistic quality freedom on here, not to say all musings are of a journalistic quality but you know how it goes.

I'd like to consider these four the webcomics I most often enjoy. Not only for the quality of the art and writing, but simply because they can sometimes actually put a smile on my face for an entire day.

Penny-Arcade

PVP Online

VG Cats

CTRL+ALT+DEL

All of the above represent the best gaming webcomics of the bunch, the true golden trophies stood taller than the rest urinating on them with a cheeky grin. I really like Ctrl+Alt+Del because the art style reminds me of Family Guy for some reason, don't ask why. VG cats blends pretty much all of my likes into one crazy weekly chuckle-fest, and the other two don't even need mentioning. Chances are you've read them before. Scott Kurtz is immense.

I'm off to work. Stop the hating.

I think the art is genuinely awesome, and the guy does an excellent job of catering to videogame fans with some hilarious results. It never used to be a webcomic I avidly enjoyed, but I make sure to read the latest release every Monday.

Just because someone doesn't like the Revolution pad doesn't make someone's webcomic shit, no matter how much you want it to. If you don't like his comic, you don't like his comic. You can't suddenly expect people to hate his work because of him saying exactly what a lot of people were thinking.

Whilst I disagree with the comment about the Revolution controller, and his subsequent decision that Nintendo were finished, I'll bet my ten cents he'll be on the bandwagon when it launches. People need to give this thing a chance, it'll probably end up selling in immense quantities over in Japan and we in Europe and those pesky American kids will see for sure if the DS aspect of gaming really can make the financially amicable transfer to the console market. Sure, what we're looking at isn't conventional, and I'm sure all of us are just a little bit concerned this just isn't going to work.

After seeing the device for the first time, my expectations plummeted. When I started to read more about it and lend my thoughts to Nintendo's new invention I couldn't help but feel intrigued. This device will certainly enrich various stale games and genres, and with the assurance a "regular" control option will be provided, I can't help but feel my excitement level rise. The above coupled with the fact we've been informed further secrets about the device are being withheld elicts that same anticipation I had for the GameCube as I read the launch details on IGN all those many moons ago.

Let's be truthful here, most of us were going to buy the Revolution even if it was a sex toy, although Rezolution may have been a more appropriate title given the vibrant reputation that particular headfuck has gained itself.

Bottom line is... stop hating on someone's work because they've dissed the precious. We've all done it, and it isn't going to stop here. You shouldn't be this sensitive to things said on the Internet, since everyone has journalistic quality freedom on here, not to say all musings are of a journalistic quality but you know how it goes.

I'd like to consider these four the webcomics I most often enjoy. Not only for the quality of the art and writing, but simply because they can sometimes actually put a smile on my face for an entire day.

Penny-Arcade

PVP Online

VG Cats

CTRL+ALT+DEL

I'm off to work. Stop the hating.

Everyone's entitled to there own opinion. I honestly dont care if he what he thinks the controller looks like (to be honest, it does look like the sex toy he linked to) Its just that everyone seems to find it funny. Am I missing something, or do I just have higher standards.

P.S. I do love PVP and Penny Arcade.

Everyone's entitled to there own opinion. I honestly dont care if he what he thinks the controller looks like (to be honest, it does look like the sex toy he linked to) Its just that everyone seems to find it funny. Am I missing something, or do I just have higher standards.

P.S. I do love PVP and Penny Arcade.

Well, that's the beauty of choice. I could understand of nazi kittens had you reading each comic at gunpoint, but you don't have to read it. Maybe you do have high standards, but some of Scott Ramsomamsomamorymair's work really is quite clever and funny, he caters well to his fanbase. The Pikmin comic highlights one of his better comics, although his most recent are the best artistically and comically.

And a point I missed on your first point, people dig stupid comedy. Not everyone can appreciate intelligent comedy because they aren't intelligent - I think I'm somewhere in this group, probably at the back in a corner or something.

Well, that's the beauty of choice. I could understand of nazi kittens had you reading each comic at gunpoint, but you don't have to read it. Maybe you do have high standards, but some of Scott Ramsomamsomamorymair's work really is quite clever and funny, he caters well to his fanbase. The Pikmin comic highlights one of his better comics, although his most recent are the best artistically and comically.

And a point I missed on your first point, people dig stupid comedy. Not everyone can appreciate intelligent comedy because they aren't intelligent - I think I'm somewhere in this group, probably at the back in a corner or something.

I do enjoy some of his work. Yes, the Pikmin comics are funny. But Penny Arcade is just so much better IMO.

Oh, and I do like stupid comedy, I watch Spongebob :D

I must say i'm a pretty great fan of vgcats myself, although i don't understand the latest comics completely. But it's not because a person has a different opnion than yours suddenly everything that person says or does sucks. That's why mankind invented debates and argumenting and stuff.

TBH, I find CAD deteriorating a bit. I mean, all that Xbot story bullshit stretched on for much much longer than was necessary. I'm fine with stories, but advancing a centimetre a day gets quite tiring.

I loved CAD the most when it was just a one-comic joke. Nowadays it's all linked :no:

And I've been losing respect for Absath (Tim Buckley, the creator) recently due to events on CADnet (a fansite with an IRC server). You see, on the forums of CAD (which blow goats btw, much elitism there), there's a group like RE has the bloodmonkeys and leets and whatnot, called the Ranting of Madmen, or RoM. Absath banned most of the RoM'ers for doing what they usually did without anyone complaining.

Then he had the gall to stroll into CADnet IRC (for the first time in about half a year) and demand all RoM'ers (who have their own channel) to be banned from IRC.

Thankfully, falconX and Andrew (two IRCops there) have a pretty good bullshit-o-meter and refused. Since Absath has no actual influence on CADnet ('cept for operator in #ctrlaltdel) he walked off in a huff.

That's the reason there's no longer a link to CADnet on the left hand side of the site. Kind of puts the 'Absath is awesome' into perspective huh?

I've never really been much of a fan of VGcats. With the exception of one or two of their comics, I simply fail to see the humour in their work.

While it might not be videogame-related, I think PBF is easily the funniest comic strip on the net. It's just consistantly hilarious.

VGCats is cool, and posting a negative thread about it simply because they don't like the Revolution controller is fucking retarded.

Couldn't agree more, just because he doesn't have the same opinion doesn't mean he's an idiot.

Unless he was praising the PS3 joypad (aka boomerang) then he must be some crazy idiot.

No-one has dne that though.

You readily admit you were inspired to post this thread because of thread about the strip that hates on the Revolution Controller.

This wasn't an independant act of aggression.

Edit: To put it another way, would you be posting this if VGCats showered praise on the Revolution?

Okay, then why have you got a signature with the Revolution Controller in as if you were promoting it.

Anyway I'm just being difficult, you're totally allowed to bitch about the lack of humour in VGCats, but bear in mind other people's humour may be totally different and utterly valid also.

Okay, then why have you got a signature with the Revolution Controller in as if you were promoting it.

Anyway I'm just being difficult, you're totally allowed to bitch about the lack of humour in VGCats, but bear in mind other people's humour may be totally different and utterly valid also.

Of course :smile: There's nothing wrong with posting opinions!

I meant that I do agree that it look's like a sex toy, not that it's rubbish :wink:

Look:

p4351b.jpg

tgs2.jpg

Guest Offerman

Unless he was praising the PS3 joypad (aka boomerang) then he must be some crazy idiot.

But there really isnt anything wrong with the PS3 joypad.