NEurope
Dan_Dare

Come with me if you want to watch TV

So yeah, what with with this pesky writers strike business generally causing my tv viewing to go through a rougfh patch, i decided it was time for another series to enter the arena.

It was at this point that I realised I still hadn't checked out Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicals . My initial reaction to hearing about the show was

'Oh sweet baby Jesus, it's going to be like fucking Smallville or some shit like that. I even thought it might be as bad as The Bionic Woman or Touch Cloth.

so yeah. in brief:

munch.scream.jpg

Anyway, I figured I may as well check it out, like. It's still a show about cyborg assassins, right? that's pretty much always worth watching, even if that's not always true.

Colour me surprised, then, when it turned out to be immense. The pilot has it all: Terminators, car chases, explosions, low tech science fiction and basically the best elements of the movies.

also: Summer-Glau.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: this show is quality. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Just watched episode 4. I don't think the series is that great but I'm still really enjoying it!

Doesn't the Terminator take someone hostage in the first few episodes?

Terminator.

Hostage?

Anyone else see the problem?

Doesn't the Terminator take someone hostage in the first few episodes?

Terminator.

Hostage?

Anyone else see the problem?

only as a means to an end. It's not like he'd let anyone live afterwards...

Despite Summer Glau being in it I have no desire...was never a big Terminator fan. May go watch Serenity though. Cause frankly, she's hotter when shes a bit loopy.

I'll wait till it starts on Virgin1, really can't be arsed with downloading TV at the moment.

I've seen all 5 episodes so far. All of them have been pretty great. And Summer Glau is awesome in it.

Terminator 1 and 2 are amazing. 3 is ok as an action film that concludes the trilogy.

I'm interested becasue i love the films, but somehow I don't imagine it having the all too human struggle of Sarah Connor highlighted, not her amazing transformation furthured upon. (Best bits of the film series)

I watched the first ep. It's not tense enough. Guess I'll end up watching it, obviously, but it lacks the atmosphere.

Ummmmm sod Summer Glau, this program has UBER MILF!!!

LenaHeadey_468x635.jpg

2_300_070403024958204_wideweb__300x375.jpg

terminatorchroniclesposter3.jpg

cqs1186294929f67d84azp2.jpg

Lena Headey FTW!!

what channel is this on again....or was it starting on something on Sky soonish, i keep forgetting?

what channel is this on again....or was it starting on something on Sky soonish, i keep forgetting?

Virgin 1, 21st of February, probably 9pm.

Not available on Sky.

I watched the first ep. It's not tense enough. Guess I'll end up watching it, obviously, but it lacks the atmosphere.

that's true- it wasn't very scary. Definitely close enough to grab my attention, anyway.

The writer's strike has ended, hasn't it?

The series isn't bad, but the new Sarah isn't a scratch on Linda Hamilton (well, maybe looks wise she is). Also I don't really get why it's the Sarah Connor chronicles, or exactly when John is supposed to become this great military leader. He's still a million miles off :/

just an update on my thoughts:

Episode 5 and 6 are bloody brilliant. They tie in loads of elements from the first movie and build on the plot in a really nice way by bringing in a new character. Everyone should watch :)

Oh my god hotness, I wanna bang you.

SHUT UP, I'M TOO BUSY LOOKING AT YOUR ASS.

just an update on my thoughts:

Episode 5 and 6 are bloody brilliant. They tie in loads of elements from the first movie and build on the plot in a really nice way by bringing in a new character. Everyone should watch :)

Episode 7 ties into loads of elements from the second movie. It's aother brilliant episode.

I can't believe that it'll be over next week.

Theres only 8 episodes? I might start watching this.

They had to shorten the season this season to 9 episodes (Next week is a double showing) due to the writer's strike. Fox have ordered 13 episodes of the show, and the producer has enough plot ideas for three seasons.

Hopefully the amount of people viewing in America will be sufficient.