NEurope
jayseven

If your house was on fire...

Probably my uni work... a few hundred/thousand hours of my life went into that! Then maybe my wallet in it as getting replacement cards = hassle. Then if I had time my mobile (again, hassle to replace) and maybe my boxfile of records/tax forms, etc.

Everything else is replaceable/insurable.

Nice thread, Jay.

This reminds me of the Foo Fighters video for My Hero, where the hero runs into the house to pull people out, then goes back in for the photograph. I would have to go back inside and get something with some kind of memory attached to it. At this moment in time, it's a Christmas card I got from my housemate, who is also my best friend. She said some meaningful things in that card, and I couldn't bear to see it go.

Either that, or my school leaver's book.

My uni work definitely... far too much time and money has gone into getting my degree for me to let it go... then probably my favourite books (his dark materials, inheritance, harry potter) along with the box that has my birthday and Christmas presents off my boyfriend in... then id probably burn to death cos that a lot of stuff XD

This thread seems kinda pointless, we all know what we would ideally like to save. BUT in a real fire situtation you are more concerned with your own safety then saving (insert expensive item/valuable memory here)

Most things are replacement, and the things that hold memory value that do get destroyed are never truely gone if you still hold that memory in your head.

This is why we have we have insurance. You would all be dead before you ever got half your crap out the window/door. It doesn't take long to choke on the poisonous smoke fumes..

BUT if I was pressed into saving something-I guess it would be my DS Lite with Pac Pix Stylus and DS game collection....

Why do people keep decouncing this thread as unrealistic/pointless? We're all aware that our houses aren't actually on fire, not to mention half the threads on here would fall into the same category anyway. Lighten up guys! Tbh, if my house WAS on fire but it hadn't quite reached my room yet, I'd probably take some shit with me out the window(i've got a flat roof outside my window).

I doubt many of you would actually try and save that stuff.

I'd just make sure everyone else was out of the house and then get out myself.