Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Strider

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha shadow, we'll exchange numbers or something and we'll see about finding each other at download, better come with me to see rise against.

yes letty it's happening woo. =], ah jayseven I've got two tickets, I'll go when I'm back at college and ask them.

Two tickets? What do you meaaan *confused explosion*

haha shadow, we'll exchange numbers or something and we'll see about finding each other at download, better come with me to see rise against.

yes letty it's happening woo. =], ah jayseven I've got two tickets, I'll go when I'm back at college and ask them.

Yea I was thinking about that with the numbers, would make it easier, unless ofcourse your okay with screaming each others usernames infront of a crowd...

Yea sure i'll join you, shall be fun!

What if it's raining at the meet up though? Will we just find places indoor to go to?

when I bought my rail card I was given two ticket shaped thingies

Ah, no I don't mean them :P did you fill out a form for your card? did you keep a part of it? Normally you need that - actually, thinking about it, that form's really just for replacements :P Ok! Yeah all you need to do is go to the station with your ticket-shaped things, fill out a new form and hand over the dosh.

yeah.

It would take me a long time :) I will give you lots of info on it in a couple of months if you want. And it will undoubtedly be performing at the crucible in Sheff if that's where you live (I live an hour away from Sheff and worked with a few companies).

PS Very quickly the play deals with a guy who suffers from solipsism and at the point of failure lives through his life to find the excuses/reasons for his failure changing, manipulating and losing control of his memories. It's called Laminated because it's about the things we can look at but not truly touch (it's the main visual and language motif). Similar plays? Spleandour I suppose. It's contemporary in it's style but it's heavy on language (the guys a writer) and storytelling, so quite traditional in that sense. There's also a bit of puppetry in there (there's an allegorical children's story that he never could write (his masterpiece))

It would take me a long time :) I will give you lots of info on it in a couple of months if you want. And it will undoubtedly be performing at the crucible in Sheff if that's where you live (I live an hour away from Sheff and worked with a few companies).

PS Very quickly the play deals with a guy who suffers from solipsism and at the point of failure lives through his life to find the excuses/reasons for his failure changing, manipulating and losing control of his memories. It's called Laminated because it's about the things we can look at but not truly touch (it's the main visual and language motif). Similar plays? Spleandour I suppose. It's contemporary in it's style but it's heavy on language (the guys a writer) and storytelling, so quite traditional in that sense. There's also a bit of puppetry in there (there's an allegorical children's story that he never could write (his masterpiece))

If it's playing at the Crucible, I would certainly love to see it. I really, really need to go to the theatre more. I've only just kind of gotten to the point where I think i can say "hey, yeah I go to the theatre, so what?" having read some of Tom Stoppard's plays and realising that plays are a viable form of entertainment...

For sure, PM me with more details when you have them :)

Dazzybee, have you read The Spire, by Golding? It's fantastic, it essentially deals with similar things to that play I think, Solipsism, delusion, and with a good amount of Golding-esque pessimism and symbolism. It's a difficult read at first, but totally worth it.

Also, speaking of plays, Waiting for Godot is on at the Library Theater, should totally go see that. Anyone up for a meet up in Manchester? :heh:

So what's happening with this meetup? We need like a first post that's edited with up to date info, cos 17 pages is alot to be trawling through.

Basically, I wanna know if there is anything in or around London planned? I keep seeing references and mentions to it in other threads, so I thought I'd come and check this thread out, but it is quite long :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!