N-Europe

The General Public

Ashley

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people say "I'm going to get trading standards on you" or "that sign is illegal false advertising". Obviously these people have first class law degrees :indeed:

Haha...yeah, about a year ago (Dec 2006). We had a couple of people come in asking for Fireworks because we had a sign outside about them, (which also said "subject to availability").

Morons:"It's false advertising if you're not going to sell them to us blah blah blah"

Supervisor: "We're not allowed to sell you them to you, it's illegal until after Christmas"

Morons: "Well it's still false advertising blah blah blah"

Though our Supervisor never said it, the Subject to Availibility part means that when they're not avalible (i.e. no stock of some OR when it'sillegal to sell them) then we're doing nothing wrong.

Plus, Ignorance to the law doesn't mean you're right. Curb crawling for Prozzies will still get you in trouble even if you didn't know it was illegal dumbarse!!

The whole "this is the price on the box, you have to sell it to me at that price, its the law" thing is rubbish! Even if you did say put a game out that should have been £30.00 but was on for £20.00 the law does NOT say you have to sell it for that price.

Yeah; I always sell it that price though, unless it's COMPLETELY different.

Some woman came to the till with an Ornimental Bird Cage thing once, and, LUCKILY, I realised that the type of tag on the cage wasn't supposed to have a sticker on it.

Then I noticed the computer, and sticker said "Pot Cover", so I peeled off the sticker and scanned the Barcode underneath, and sure enough, it came up with the birdcage.

It was obvious SHE'D put the sticker there.

The shop has the legal right to refuse to sell the item if its an error. If it was done in purpose then yes its illigal, but by mistake nope thats fine! Most places may sell it cheaper as good will but no law says they have to!

The shop has the right to refuse to sell an item to someone anyway and/or withdraw an item from sale whenever they wish.

Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier#Temperament

Terrier breeds are generally bold, inquisitive and fearless. The Staffie is renowned for its reliability as a family dog, with special emphasis on their reliability with children.

Umm, didn't you notice the massive bar at the top of that page?

"This article or section resembles a fan site.

Please help improve this article by removing excessive trivia and irrelevant praise, criticism, lists and collections of links.(December 2007)"

Always be careful with wikipedia...

Anyway, back to the public...

About an hour ago I was at the dump helping my dad with recycling, and while dealing with our glass bottles, I saw a guy putting all different coloured glass all into on section of the bottle bank. I pointed this out to him, and he responded by telling me it doesn't matter, so I asked him why they would make separate sections if it didn't. He didn't respond, and walked off, muttering something under his breath in my direction. 'tard...

Ack if there's one thing I hate bout working in a travel agents is every now and then you get people who come in or call up who just say "i want to go on holiday round the end of (enter month here)"

Me: Ok where do you want to go

Them: I'll go anywhere, what packages have got you got.

Me (in my head): I got a whole bloody planet narrow it down.

Me (outloud): Would you consider any of the Canary Islands

Them: No I want to go outside Europe.

Me: Ok do you have any destination in mind?

Them: No nothing really just want to see what you have.

Me (in own head again): Why don't you call when you know where you want to go.

Me (out loud): How about the Caribbean?

Them: Yeah we were thinking about Cuba...

Me (in head): WHAT, you just told me you had no destinations in mind, suddenly you had Cuba in mind...

Them:... also Thailand, Las Vegas, or maybe South Africa

Me: (in head): WTF?

Situations like these are most annoying doing up quotes for these kind of destinations take a lot of time, and I would use a different contact for each to get the best rate, i hate calling up contacts to get quotes when there's only a small chance the person would go for that one. Wasting my time and my contacts. Usually try to get them to pick a prefered choice and see how that goes.

I had one guy who wanted to go to South American and had me doing up prices for flights, he'd come in the next day and change his destination wanting another quote... and the same the next day, this went on for like 3 weeks then he just vanished :mad: