Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good news, everyone!

Guest bluey

Guest Stefkov
Useful phrase number 1: Toire wa doko desu ka? (phonetically: Toy-ray wa doko dess ka, with no rise at the end of the sentence)

That being "Where is the toilet?" :wink:

Just wondering if you would know but there's a website I cannot remember the name of. It's been linked on here a few times but I cannot remember it. It was a really good website aswell..

Be careful while your over there. A while ago a English girl moved over to Japan and got murdered by some Japanese weirdo.

It was on the News.

i was actually over in tokyo at the time they discovered the murder. the poor girl's picture was everywhere.

(then there was an earthquake... )

People get murdered all the time, any place =P Orwas there a specific connection with her being English?

she was actually a NOVA english teacher giving this guy extra lessons after hours to make some extra cash. the crime rate is fairly low for japan and it's especially rare for a foreigner to be killed - but that's not to say i wont keep my wits well about me while i'm there ~ same as if i were moving anywhere in the world. ^^

i was actually over in tokyo at the time they discovered the murder. the poor girl's picture was everywhere.

(then there was an earthquake... )

she was actually a NOVA english teacher giving this guy extra lessons after hours to make some extra cash. the crime rate is fairly low for japan and it's especially rare for a foreigner to be killed - but that's not to say i wont keep my wits well about me while i'm there ~ same as if i were moving anywhere in the world. ^^

Did the Police catch him in the end, I remember the Japanese police saying they know what he looks like and just need to catch him?

Did the Police catch him in the end, I remember the Japanese police saying they know what he looks like and just need to catch him?

no. its awful but they still havent caught the bastard. he's the son of some rich guy, who probably has links with some dodgy people who are hiding him... thats the general assumption anyway because it was such a high profile case and the guy was so easily recognizable (because he was BUTT UGLY!) it'd be impossible for him to hide without help.

Congrats Bluey, my sister's doing a similar thing. She's teaching english out in Taiwan. Seems to enjoy it as well despite some of the kids being a little bit odd.

Sounds like fun... but man, I'd be scared if I knew no Japanese whatsoever.

Useful phrase number 1: Toire wa doko desu ka? (phonetically: Toy-ray wa doko dess ka, with no rise at the end of the sentence)

That being "Where is the toilet?" :wink:

Now that is probably the most important phrase in any language, just above "where are the sailors" and "a beer please".