Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 4 - :)

Fierce_LiNk

Anyone know if the mine thrower is any good? Don't wanna waste money on it but thanks to me not wasting money on the first shotgun thru upgrades, i have a bit of spare pesetas and am thinking about buying back the tmp. Twas good for those times when you were surrounded. Sigh i do miss it

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the mine thrower is any good? Don't wanna waste money on it but thanks to me not wasting money on the first shotgun thru upgrades, i have a bit of spare pesetas and am thinking about buying back the tmp. Twas good for those times when you were surrounded. Sigh i do miss it

TMP is pretty cool; i always carried one with me.

And i'd say yes to the mine thrower and i played the game to death. It's not needed but it's certainly very useful.

The minethrower is not a necessary item. My friend bought it at his playthrough (actually, he bought all available items which resulted is very very low on cashflow!).

It's quite a fun little weapon to mess with it. You shoot at an enemy, they recoil and seconds later the mine explode. Quite funny to watch :D

forget the blacktail, red9 is the best and only handgun you need really. And i completed the game on the ps2 so i was gonna do the exact same thing i did then but the wii version is packed with quite a few more enemies so im left wondering if i should get a little more firepower for the island.

Atm seems that you guys say its not needed but fun to use. Is ammo really scarce for it? Maybe it would stop me getting magnum bullets if I do get it.

all i know is that it supposedly blows stuff up but after a delay. the delay is what makes me not want to take the risk of using it as these ganandos love to run alot more than they did in the ps2 version. I mean they have ran right up into my face countless times. especially them shield bastards. thankfully im past that now im on the island so no worries there.

If the mine thrower was anything like grenade launcher from resi 3, then I would buy it in a heartbeat.

all i know is that it supposedly blows stuff up but after a delay. the delay is what makes me not want to take the risk of using it as these ganandos love to run alot more than they did in the ps2 version. I mean they have ran right up into my face countless times. especially them shield bastards. thankfully im past that now im on the island so no worries there.

If the mine thrower was anything like grenade launcher from resi 3, then I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Hmm, in that case it would work great in the castle with those religious fellas, like in that crank room and the room with the archers, but it just seems too strategic and risque to think about.

I genuinely don't advise buying the Mine Thrower as the delay in exploding can cause you a lot of problems if the enemies get too close. You're better off upgrading the TMP and Semi-Auto Shotgun, the Red 9 is the first thing you should max out though.

Plus mine thrower darts are quite rare, you're better off sticking with grenades.

i read some guides and the usefullnes (and fun) of the tmp is heavily underated just because its not powerful (which you kinda need in the latter stages of the game) but then again power is not what you buy it for. Maybe its really for the earlier stages of the game? Would have been useful in the water hall place though =/ Bah im buying it back regardless. Can't wait to own on my second plat through. Actually can't wait to properly play mercenaries mode again.

Aslong as you have the blacktail you're fine. it's by far the greatest handgun ever...so sexy too :heh:

Oh, and I never had probems with the delay using Mine Throwers. The good thing about it is that when you upgrade it, you are NOT upgrading the power of the mines, you're upgrading the distance they explode. This is VERY useful and i recommend getting it (though you don't really NEED it).

But the blacktail is the sexiest gun..ever.

It's definitely the most powerful when fully upgraded, but the Handgun has a much better critical headshot rate, which is just so damn satisfying. The Matilda is pretty cool too, even though it's a complete ammo hog :heh:.

Handcannon, as far as handguns go, is clearly the best though.

Anyway, started playing this recently again, loaded up my professional account, the one where I sold everything and tried to go through the game with just a knife, masochist that I am. It's been almost a year I think, I'm in the room with the two el gigante, and after I melt teh first one, I just can't do the second bastard. In fact, I don't know how I managed to beat Salazars "right hand" with just a knife either....o_0. I reckon it's safe to start using flash grenades, cause they're not offensive :heh:.

It's definitely the most powerful when fully upgraded, but the Handgun has a much better critical headshot rate, which is just so damn satisfying. The Matilda is pretty cool too, even though it's a complete ammo hog :heh:.

Handcannon, as far as handguns go, is clearly the best though.

Red9 is most powerful hangun even before you get exclusive and someone tested it against the handgun and it turned out that the Red9 woud actually give you more headshots using less ammo than the handgun. Makes sense given the power difference.

Source

Quoted from source:

"The standard Handgun does give you a lot better chance of blowing off the heads

of enemies, but that doesn’t outweigh the Red9’s firepower. In fact, just to

make sure, I did a little test. I played through a portion of Chapter 2-2 three

times. I used a fully-upgraded handgun the first time, a fully-upgraded Red9

the second time, and a fully-upgraded Blacktail the third time. With the

Handgun, I killed 16 villagers with 44 bullets total. With the Red9, I killed

them with 32 bullets, and with the Blacktail, I killed them with 37 bullets.

So, with the Handgun, it took me 2.75 bullets to kill each villager, but with

the Red9, it only took me 2.00 bullets to kill each villager. The Blacktail had

similar results (2.31 bullets per villager). This test directly shows the

correlation between firepower and bullet conservation, and it shows why the

Red9 is the best handgun choice."

Handcannon is classed as a magnum. Never tried it though so I may be wrong. Will try to unlock it this time though..

and @'...' can you not read? 'Goron_3' said the blacktail is the sexiest gun ever and 'King V' agreed. I just posted what I thought was the sexiest. Doesn't matter that they are different classes of gun :blank:

And Riot Gun is a waste of money really. When your shotgun can hold 100 shells, you don't need to worry about reloading, and the rate of fire for the striker is a life saver as well :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!