N-Europe

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love this game, there isn't much strategy, with NOD just send a combo of Scorpion and Stealth, and with GDI all you need is mammoth tanks.

...Thats the strategy; how will you fend off those mammies or those Stealth tanks? The strategy to me is some what like pokemon battles, like Water > Fire, Vertigo > Juggernaut, Stealth tanks > venom.

I agree with Shino.

Mammoth Tanks are so stupid powerful that they're all you need as GDI

As NOD, I find taking out mammoth Tanks to be a fairly easy routine. Gather a few upgraded Militants, plus Obelisks, and ofcourse a few Avatars. Infact, I always hope GDI users come at me with Mammies, because they're usually so focused and full of pride on them they leave holes in their base. I usually win against a full on mammoth assault by means of stealthed counter-attack - as in, as they are chewing up parts of my base my stealthed units make quick work of the enemies structures, ofcourse after a lovely radar jam. :D

• 2 weeks later...
The SP is great, the MP isn't quite as good as RA2 or Generals.

Its still a fantastic game... but nothing, nothing beats W40K: Dawn of War on PC.

Dawn of War is so awesome.

How does this compare? From what I played, I didn't really like teh style.

The units and stuff in Dawn of War are so fleshed out and full of character. This game seems kind of souless. Maybe I just don't like future warfare sort of thing.

It's not as good as a mouse, but still pretty good once you get used to it. The PC version is probably better, i only got the 360 version to play with people over Live (which, given it's broken, is a right kick in the balls)

It's not as good as a mouse, but still pretty good once you get used to it. The PC version is probably better, i only got the 360 version for Live (which, given it's broken, is a right kick in the balls)

The kick in the balls for the xbox owners is that their version has not been patched. The initial game had clear unfair balances and glitches, the patch also made Nod's avatar more resilient and faster at attacking and increased the power of Stealth tanks.

EA has consciencly avoided its main site where it stated the Xbox patch would be ready by About october. You also have to buy new battlegrounds. The leaderboard for the 360 isn't even up on C&C3s site. Feels like a raw deal seeing how 360 owners have to pay more for the game.

Just found my old rank...

http://www.commandandconquer.com/ladders/ladders_detail/LadderDetails.aspx?LadderID=43783

69,805 best player in the WORLD...cool. :/