• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really no what to think of the game. Personally I think the track editor will be abit limited, and with so many online tracks, people will get bored of the racing part. It works for LBP, but I think lack of ideas and options will be the death of this.

Mario Kart > Modnation.

Simply because Nintendo can work on each individual bit of the circuits.

I don't really no what to think of the game. Personally I think the track editor will be abit limited, and with so many online tracks, people will get bored of the racing part. It works for LBP, but I think lack of ideas and options will be the death of this.

Mario Kart > Modnation.

Simply because Nintendo can work on each individual bit of the circuits.

I kinda feel the same way but I think I will get more out of it as the editors relative simplicity makes it easier to use than the physics heavy little big planet which I never truly got to grips with when making my own levels...

I think LBP could quite easily be the most rewarding editors if I truly grabbed it by the scruff of the neck. As it is I made a couple of good efforts, nothing that amazing, but still pretty damn technical/clever.

I feel like I didn't get enough out of the thing and it seems a bit late to try now.

PS3 Motion Control coming next spring

PlayStation president Kaz Hirai confirms that technology is slated for early 2010 launch

SCE worldwide president Kaz Hirai has confirmed that the PS3’s motion control system – dubbed ‘the magic wand’ – is set for launch in spring next year.

Speaking at Gamescom in Cologne last week, Hirai said that Sony required some “great software” in order for a successful launch.

“We are slating it for spring of next year,” he told The Times. “One of the things is that we just don't want to put out the controller. We need a great software that supports the controller at launch. It's something that we've been working on for the longest time.”

Sony first announced the PS3 ‘wand’ at E3 in July, with a brief on-stage demonstration.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35544/PS3-Motion-Control-coming-next-spring

Next Spring is earlier than I thought.

Anyone know what that game in the gamescom trailer was? It looked like a horror game with a flashlight.

I'll get a PS3 for myself as soon as I can find one for £200. Till then, I'll use my brother's.

Sensible really, I don't think I paid full price for mine, got a USA one for a bit more than £200 but significantly less than £250 I think it was... having said that I only currently own three PS3 games - MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, R&C - and I use the machine as a TV - using PlayTV - more than I actually play games on it, plus I don't watch many TV programs. :/

Yeah, £200 is about right for a machine that you'll probably only want in order to play the exclusive titles on it, I genuinely thought I'd be using my PS3 more than I currently do but alas it turned out to be not the case; though it will no doubt be getting more use closer to the release of titles like GOW III and FFXIII because I'll play the prequels that I missed out on back in the day due to not having a PS2 so it's still useful. :)

Been working my way through catching up on media from Gamescom with Sony being my obvious 1st point of call...

Favourite stuff I have found;

Dead Nation

Gravity Crash

New Heavy Rain media.

Thats it for now...both of those PSN games are must buys for me they look awesome. Also great to see we are finally getting the Video Store, not sure how much I will use it as I like to own my physical DVDs and unlike CDs I've not quite got to the point where I'm happy only owning films digitally. Playstation Mini's looks interesting hopefully we get itunes level of games and similar price points.

Well you can get it for £230 from that link I posted. That's only £50 more than the Wii and your getting free internet and a top-class blu-ray player!

That's crazy actually. How much do Wiis cost to make? 10p, 15p tops?

Sensible really, I don't think I paid full price for mine, got a USA one for a bit more than £200 but significantly less than £250 I think it was... having said that I only currently own three PS3 games - MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, R&C - and I use the machine as a TV - using PlayTV - more than I actually play games on it, plus I don't watch many TV programs. :/

Yeah, £200 is about right for a machine that you'll probably only want in order to play the exclusive titles on it, I genuinely thought I'd be using my PS3 more than I currently do but alas it turned out to be not the case; though it will no doubt be getting more use closer to the release of titles like GOW III and FFXIII because I'll play the prequels that I missed out on back in the day due to not having a PS2 so it's still useful. :)

Why haven't you bought any games for it? Owning a PS3 and not having Uncharted is criminal.

Sony launches £82m ad push for PlayStation 3 across Europe

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2009/aug/24/sony-playstation-3-ad

Sony is to launch an £82m pan-European marketing campaign for the PlayStation 3, firing the first advertising salvo against rivals Nintendo Wii and Microsoft Xbox as consumers start to think about presents for Christmas 2009.

The TV element of the campaign, which has been developed by the TBWA agency, marks a complete departure from Sony's traditional tactic of often esoteric and dark commercials.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, which has committed £6m to marketing in the UK, has not run a major ad campaign for the PS3 since the new games console launched almost two years ago.

The launch of the PS3 was accompanied by a TV ad featuring a range of bizarre Cirque du Soleil-type performers, called "the entertainers", to represent the capabilities of the console.

However, the new set of TV ads, the first of which launch in the UK tonight, focus on the simpler aim of describing the range of services available on the PS3. These include online gaming and Blu-ray movies, downloading TV and film content and being able to watch the BBC iPlayer.

"Two years after launch PlayStation 3 is realising its full potential," said Alan Duncan, UK marketing director. "The console is moving beyond gaming and gaming is moving beyond discs."

SCEE is desperate to win the Christmas sales battles against rivals Nintendo and Microsoft this year. The campaign comes on the heels of a price-cut announcement at the European games trade show Gamescom.

Screen Digest has forecast that Sony will sell 4.3m PS3 consoles across Europe this year and a total of 11.16m across the lifetime of the product to date.

Nintendo's Wii will sell 7.5m consoles in Europe this year, bringing its total sales to date for the region to more than 21m, according to Screen Digest. Microsoft's Xbox 360 will hit just below 3m this year, a total to date of just under 11m across Europe since the console went on sale.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/25/sony-ps3-advertising

A Sony advert that actually gets the message across and it's bizarrely abstract??...well, I never...

It's a pretty good ad if you ask me. Good to see VidZone get a big mention.

Hmmm not sure it was wise to mention the price point, and they could've mentioned the games a little bit more. Still, better than 'This is Living'.

@ Flameboy - they haven't actually released any new stuff about Gravity Crash, the Gamescom trailer was an old one. Looks good though. As for me I think that Dead Nation looks pretty pants.

Edited by dwarf

Hmmm not sure it was wise to mention the price point, and they could've mentioned the games a little bit more. Still, better than 'This is Living'.

@ Flameboy - they haven't actually released any new stuff about Gravity Crash, the Gamescom trailer was an old one. Looks good though. As for me I think that Dead Nation looks pretty pants.

See I have a hankering for anything zombie related and seem as we will never see Left 4 Dead anything is good! I didn't even know Gravity Crush was a game tbh.

Apparently Dead Nations has online and local co-op, and with SSHD under the developer's belt, I'll most likely pick it up.

Also, the mass online meta play (whatever the hell it's called) sounds pretty cool.

All sounds good to me think the trailer on PSN has a kinda grindhouse, B movie vibe to it a bit like House of the Dead Overkill did.

My friend was trying to get online today after getting his replacement system, but when the chose the 'use existing account' it gave him an error. He couldn't create a new one either.

So is the PSN under maintenance? That's what the error code suggested when we googled.

My friend was trying to get online today after getting his replacement system, but when the chose the 'use existing account' it gave him an error. He couldn't create a new one either.

So is the PSN under maintenance? That's what the error code suggested when we googled.

Yup scheduled maintenance between about 4/5ish to 9, unless your already logged in you won't be able to get on till after 9...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!