Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

If that's what Xi was then I'd say that was a massive let-down. I'd like it to be the start of a videogame that is entirely based on similar puzzles and logic/skill.

I won't lie I still want that PS3 platformer.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually expect it to be a let down tbh. I really wouldn't mind if it was some metaphorical video thing that makes you think a bit or makes you question what you expected to come from the expedition.

Pure just got tropies. Anyone got it?

It's f*cking hard.

I just tried the demo — I seem to remember deciding against it before because of its obscene file size — and it seemed very good, like someone threw SSX and MotorStorm into a blender. Given the Trophy patch and £15-ish price it seems to have hit I'm definitely going to nose around for a copy.

Speaking of patches, I can't believe the Trophies for Tomb Raider Underworld still haven't appeared despite being confirmed as being in the works back in February. Still, maybe they'll have tightened the framerate up a bit as well. [/wishful-thinking]

I just tried the demo — I seem to remember deciding against it before because of its obscene file size — and it seemed very good, like someone threw SSX and MotorStorm into a blender. Given the Trophy patch and £15-ish price it seems to have hit I'm definitely going to nose around for a copy.

Speaking of patches, I can't believe the Trophies for Tomb Raider Underworld still haven't appeared despite being confirmed as being in the works back in February. Still, maybe they'll have tightened the framerate up a bit as well. [/wishful-thinking]

SquareEnix brought them out. Probably halting PS3 development.

SquareEnix brought them out. Probably halting PS3 development.

S-E claim to be leaving Eidos to do their own thing though, and the Japanese release of Underworld already had Trophies in it. Can it really take that long to roll back functionality into the Western release? Fair enough they have to go through the rigmarole of QA and Sony approval, but even then it's been several months.

Honestly I see the extended wait being down to one of two things: 1) there's been unrest within Crystal Dynamics and the people working on the patch simply aren't there any more, the potential financial gain of said update being so small that Eidos have decided it isn't worth the effort; 2) the patch is being held up whilst a deal is wrangled in regards to bringing over the 360 version's 'exclusive' DLC, the announcement of which would renew interest in the game at retail and give Eidos a nice shot of cash for what would be very little effort on their part.

Of course it might just be down to good old fashioned tardiness. Developers and publishers are only human.

Sony Now Publishing Ghostbusters, Non-Sony Releases Threatened

gbgame.jpg

Yesterday, Ghostbusters was being published by Atari, and was due to be released across PS3, 360, PS2, Wii and DS. Today, in a strange move, that's no longer the case.

According to MCV, Sony have "negotiated a shock 11th-hour deal", whereby the PS3 and PS2 versions of the game will be released not by Atari, but by Sony Computer Entertainment. Those versions will be released on June 19, the same day that the film's due out on Blu-Ray.

But what about the other versions? The fact there's no official word on them is worrying, but MCV say (and this is still unconfirmed) they'll still be published by Atari, albeit after they're delayed until "later in the year".

http://kotaku.com/5242106/sony-now-publishing-ghostbusters-non+sony-releases-threatened

Saw this earlier but wasn't sure how legit it was.

It makes a lot of sense they'd do that. Amazing it took them this long.

Just posted the news on the Wii boards. Felt good.

Did you mention that this was done because the game had a chance of not being published? Sounds like Sony pictures got frustrated since they pushed the Blu Ray release back already for the game.

Did you mention that this was done because the game had a chance of not being published? Sounds like Sony pictures got frustrated since they pushed the Blu Ray release back already for the game.

Nope. :hehe:

Didn't know that. Where does it say?

No, where does it say there was a chance of it being not published and them already pushing the Blu-Ray release back?

Isn't this a stupid move, since if the game isn't ready then it needs more time?

No, where does it say there was a chance of it being not published and them already pushing the Blu-Ray release back?

Isn't this a stupid move, since if the game isn't ready then it needs more time?

Here is the link. Atari are in a mess. Problem is that the game kept getting dropped by publishers. Sony publishing it guarantees release. Its less risk for Atari essentially.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-picks-up-ghostbusters-from-atari

Where does it say they pushed the Blu-Ray release back?

Also, why has this gone through so many publishers? Surely if this game was any good this wouldn't have happened.

They pushed the Blu Ray back for the June date a while ago. When Atari picked it up. Activision cut alot of games back when they took over Blizzard. Check the gamesindustry article.

Exlusive or not, earlier release or not I'm not going to buy it. Listen now. Ghostbusters will suck ass. I called it, first. (called it earlier in the GB thread)

You can tell from gameplay videos it will be boring.

Exlusive or not, earlier release or not I'm not going to buy it. Listen now. Ghostbusters will suck ass. I called it, first. (called it earlier in the GB thread)

You can tell from gameplay videos it will be boring.

It could be. But so could Infamous.

Infamous has Uncharted beta though.

Wonder what the next Haze or Lair could be?

Edited by Choze

There's no way inFAMOUS will be a bad game, sometimes you just get the vibe from a game. It has been in development for 3 and a half years, inhouse Sony and Suckerpunch, and it looks god-damn awesome. Beta code is irrelevant though, not sure why you mentioned it.

Ghostbusters on the other hand just doesn't look that fun. In that video there's just the green alien from the movie and it seems like they just have to hold down the fire button long enough with the occasional side roll and that's your £30. Okay a bit judgemental.

There's no way inFAMOUS will be a bad game, sometimes you just get the vibe from a game. It has been in development for 3 and a half years, inhouse Sony and Suckerpunch, and it looks god-damn awesome. Beta code is irrelevant though, not sure why you mentioned it.

Ghostbusters on the other hand just doesn't look that fun. In that video there's just the green alien from the movie and it seems like they just have to hold down the fire button long enough with the occasional side roll and that's your £30. Okay a bit judgemental.

Lets see.

Famitsu news:

• Soul Calibur PSP will feature 4 new characters not in SC4.

• New Yakuza game in development. Fresh take on series.

• Trinity Universe, a new PS3 RPG coming to Japan in august.

• Toro & Mori Mori.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!