NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

The best games on the PSP are the more 'quirky' ones. The PS2 > PSP games just don't work well without a proper camera set up. Well, apart from God of War.

The best games on the PSP are the more 'quirky' ones. The PS2 > PSP games just don't work well without a proper camera set up. Well, apart from God of War.

Have to agree, a lot of the console style games don't work on the PSP as well as they perhaps should. They are not suited to the quick fire needs of a handheld to be honest. But having said that there are some good ones, the syphon filter games, crisis core and like Jordan mentioned GoW (need to pick that up actually). They benefit from being designed with the PSP in mind more, rather than just bumbling the controls on it and not taking into account the platform. The mentioned games however have shorter levels, better pacing and great controls that suit the PSP as both a limited battery life handheld and one with its own control set.

In terms of unique quirky games everyone should get CRUSH. It is a blend of Super Paper Mario and Echochrome and is better than both...

In other stuff...I downloaded all of the Leipzeg trailers and god I am so excited where the PS3 is going....this year and next year are going to be HUGE!

In terms of unique quirky games everyone should get CRUSH. It is a blend of Super Paper Mario and Echochrome and is better than both...

I'll believe that if and when I play it :heh: but ty for the recommendation. :smile:

Some great S/RPGs on the PSP now as well, with some great interesting ones coming soon as well. It really is a great handheld now.

I'll believe that if and when I play it :heh: but ty for the recommendation. :smile:

Honestly it is... and it can for bought for as little as £4.99 (gamestation)

Has an intriguing story, good artwork and like I said really clever puzzles that make the 2D/3D player of Super Paper Mario look lame by comparison and has much better perspective enscewing than Echochrome.

Some great S/RPGs on the PSP now as well, with some great interesting ones coming soon as well. It really is a great handheld now.

You know what sucks though? The DS gets way better Castlevania games. I fucking love Portrait of Ruin, but a PSP version would be sexy as hell.

You know what sucks though? The DS gets way better Castlevania games. I fucking love Portrait of Ruin, but a PSP version would be sexy as hell.

Yeah I've thought that before actually. Whats the one on PSP? Dracula Chronicles? Looks to quote you... sexy as hell....

Dracula X Chronicles... and it ain't great. Its extremely clunky due to its 'old school' throw backs.

Dracula X Chronicles... and it ain't great. Its extremely clunky due to its 'old school' throw backs.

ah right graphically think it looks good...never played it myself.

WTF?! PS3 Query!!

When I turned on my PS3 it says "the hard disk drive will rebuild itself" does anybody know what that means?! I have thousands of pictures on it, hours of saved games and about 7 PSN DLC games. Will they get deleted? What does rebuilding the hard disk drive mean? I daren't go past it! :( :(

Just downloaded International Track and Field off the playstation store...god I used to love that game...going to use my old sixaxis though, dont wanna break my DS3 with button bashing...

Cheers, all was fine. Bit miffed though (nay, concerned) as, after some searching, it says it happens to PS3's which are over 8months old. Mine is pretty much brand new. Kinda feel Gamestation weren't giving me a brand new PS3 then. If true that's some low, low shit. May just be random though so I guess there's no way of telling :confused:

I'm wondering if it is some kinda of periodic defrag?

Dunno but the PS3 has been louder than previous today :(. Will give it a few days before I go schizo though.

Looks excellent! I love the first Motorstorm (after a certain period of time) of playing it..though..i do believe it needed some sort of 'change' during the races and hopefully the idea of destructible huts etc..will change the dynamics quite a bit! :)

Getting a PS3 tomorrow for my GCSE results, so I thought I would show my face in here for the first time.

But first, a few dumb questions: If my TV can only cope with 720P, is there any point in getting an HDMI cable? (not one for technicalities); What's backwards compatibility like with PS2 games?

I have a fair idea of what games I want to purchase, but I was hoping I you guys could help me out with any gems I may have overlooked (preferably exclusives, or superior iterations if multiplatform games), and good PSN games, as I have no knowledge of them.

Wishlist :

- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

- Ratchet and Clank

- Resistance: Fall of Man

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- GT5 Prologue

Good start?

If your not getting a 60gb PS3, you can't play ps2 games :/

But still can play ps1 games.

I have just got a PS3 and have only played Ratchet, GT5, and heavenly sword.

I highly recommend Ratchet, heavenly sword is a game I wouldn't normally go for, but I'm loving it! I don't really like racing games, but I have enjoyed what I have played of GT5 ^_^

Definitely get a HDMI, as you can pick them up cheap now (£7 from wilkos), as it will look shit on a HD tv through composite (which is the cable it comes with).

If your not getting a 60gb PS3, you can't play ps2 games :/

But still can play ps1 games.

I have just got a PS3 and have only played Ratchet, GT5, and heavenly sword.

I highly recommend Ratchet, heavenly sword is a game I wouldn't normally go for, but I'm loving it! I don't really like racing games, but I have enjoyed what I have played of GT5 ^_^

Definitely get a HDMI, as you can pick them up cheap now (£7 from wilkos), as it will look shit on a HD tv through composite (which is the cable it comes with).

What about the 80GB SKU? Doesn't it come with a component cable?

What about the 80GB SKU? Doesn't it come with a component cable?

The new model? I'm not sure about that! Might do! If so, my 360 looks great through component, so I wouldn't bother getting a HDMI.

Just looked it up, I don't think they come with component cables!

The new model? I'm not sure about that! Might do! If so, my 360 looks great through component, so I wouldn't bother getting a HDMI.

Just looked it up, I don't think they come with component cables!

Sorry I've not made that clear at all; I mean do the 80GB PS3's run PS2 games? And you've answered my second question.

Sorry I've not made that clear at all; I mean do the 80GB PS3's run PS2 games? And you've answered my second question.

No they don't :(