NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yeah I bought Mega Drive Collection cause I actually wanted it, Terminator I just rented cause I have a free rental pass from Blockbusters.

I'm not going to start and rent games like Disneys Up! Or anything, I agree they look pathetic on your list.

At the moment am I right in thinking that the top two trophy whores on the forum are Aimless, then 'Hat?

I'd class myself as more of a serial monogamist.

Looking through my Trophies, there is nothing there that I would be 'ashamed' of having on my list. Even Terminator Salvation, like most people, was a rental (actually I borrowed it off a friend). I will Platinum a game if I really like it (BlazBlue, GoW) or if the Platinum just comes by mostly playing the game's story (T:S, Saw).

I've got 12 Platinums at the moment, with GoWII about to be my 13th, then I've just got to collect all the feathers in ACII for my 14th. Trophies have definitely extended the life of these games, and I quite like going after all the Trophies. Does that make me a Trophy whore? Probably.....

I wouldn't class Aimless as a Trophy whore though. He doesn't display a Trophy card, and he doesn't come in here and post about his latest Platinum like most of us do. He just keeps his e-penis to himself, and if you're peeking at his penis, then you are probably more concerned about his Trophies than he is.

Edited by MATtheHAT

I don't really see Trophies and Achievements as a competitive thing, I suppose. When I was a kid I used to love collecting things — I still have every official Pog in the attic, I think — but it was purely for my own benefit, and virtual nothings are much the same.

I don't have any platinums. I find I can't get a lot of them because I will never get any of the higher end ones.

I don't have any platinums. I find I can't get a lot of them because I will never get any of the higher end ones.

Aren't you quite close to getting the Burnout Paradise one?

I wouldn't class Aimless as a Trophy whore though. He doesn't display a Trophy card, and he doesn't come in here and post about his latest Platinum like most of us do. He just keeps his e-penis to himself, and if you're peeking at his penis, then you are probably more concerned about his Trophies than he is.

Someone told me he has loads - it was going to make it round the forum.

Aimless BLATANTLY strives for the trophy title of 'humble hoe'. He recognises that people know of his collection, so he can act modest whilst basking in the glory when people mention his eliteness.

^Obviously not the case

Rightly said, it isn't a competition at all, but it is evidence. Otherwise the competition would be about how many games you can own or borrow.

Have Sony done something with the trophy servers over the past week? PSN was acting really weird for me one day and now trophies seem to sync and load quicker as well as show up on my gamercard striaght away.

I swear a while back you never had problems with syncing? Or are you just on about speed?

There was a notable change a few weeks back when they seemed to solve everything.

Sega Mega Drive Collection, going through Terminator Salvation now so I should have a third in the next day or two.

They packed some crap games into that. What a grind getting that platinum.. The last one I got was "No Life"

If I can get eight (on my way to the ninth, fingers crossed) you should be able to get one.

Just finished Uncharted 2! On 'easy' mind you, and it only took 11 1/2 hours. Hopefully Assassins Creed 2 will last me until March 9th...

Have Sony done something with the trophy servers over the past week? PSN was acting really weird for me one day and now trophies seem to sync and load quicker as well as show up on my gamercard striaght away.

I believe they have upgraded the servers making all trophy data load much faster than before. It was so annoying before Christmas trying to sync trophies. I think I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a sync in like every 10-20 tries.

Truth be told, I really can't be bothered with Trophies and Achievements. I'm not really into the Trophy-hunting, not competitive or collection-wise. It's nice when one pops up, but I never strife to get any.

From what I've experienced, It's massively inconsistent, though. Some game have Trophies for all but the Ninjagamers, while some hand them out just for playing the game. Yes, Prince of Persia. I'm looking at you.

So I'm not really into those things, but it's nice to have them along.

Apparently, I've got three golden ones. Beats me where I got those. Probably picked up somewhere along the way.

Yeah I bought Mega Drive Collection cause I actually wanted it

And rightfully so! That's one of the best retro-packages I've seen in a while, and it's not just rose-tinted nostalgia talking, because I never owned any of those games. Yes, I admit. I've never experienced Streets of Rage 2 before I got this. For Shame.

Edited by Strange Cookie

I really don't think it's that bad. It's like Gears of War but with a story.

I really don't think it's that bad. It's like Gears of War but with a story.

Shame its a shitty story from a shitty film.

Also with a broken cover system, terrible acting, terrible voice work, terrible controls, terrible level design and the weakest last level in video game history.

Oh and the fact that the whole game from the training section till the last room was just kill spiders and terminators whilst in cover was a joke.

Yeah I really hated it haha.

Also with a broken cover system, terrible acting, terrible voice work, terrible controls, terrible level design and the weakest last level in video game history.

Oh and the fact that the whole game from the training section till the last room was just kill spiders and terminators whilst in cover was a joke.

Yeah I really hated it haha.

lol cheers for destroying any last hope I had of it being any good...I keep thinking I;m gonna pick it up when its cheap enough in the vain hope that it will be the best Terminator game since Robocop VS Terminator which wasn't even really a Terminator game.

Only buy it if you want the Trophies, it's really not a good game.

thats not my primary motivator my primary motivator is being a massive Terminator fanboy and am just gutted that there hasn't been a decent Terminator game for years.

If it makes you feel better it has one of the best load screens I've seen in ages.

Only buy it if you want the Trophies, it's really not a good game.

Just give me no credit, it's fine.

If it makes you feel better it has one of the best load screens I've seen in ages.

lol its saying something to the games quality when thats one of its biggest plus points!

On trophy whore watch Up is only £11.95 at Zavvi.

On trophy whore watch Up is only £11.95 at Zavvi.

In all fairness, right, bear with me. I reckon it would be worth a purchase at that price, not just because of the Trophies, but because the film is actually quite awesome. And it has co-op so could be a laugh with my Daughter.