N-Europe

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Wesley

Well, there's not much they can do about it now. Shutting people up and pretending it doesn't exist would just do more harm than good at this point. It's like when The Sims 3 got leaked. I remember someone high up at Electronic Arts referred to it as an "extensive demo" (because you wouldn't be able to download user-created content with it), even though he was probably very annoyed about the leak. A lot of people who download an incomplete version of a game a couple of months before release like this are probably fans who are excited about the release of the game, so instead of treating them like criminals, it's better to say, "if you like this, wait until you try the full version!".

I'm getting more and more excited about the release of Deus Ex 3, after recently replaying the first two games. Here's hoping they don't mess it up! :smile:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to look at it, but considering the community manager seems cool with it I might.

If I like it I'll put some money down for it.

Before I was going to wait for reviews to hit.

I decided to get in the shareware spirit and give the leak a go.

About an hour later I had to stop playing, and not for the reasons people generally turn games off: I don't want to spoil any more. I played enough to confirm that it is, in fact, a 'proper' Deus Ex game and that it plays well on a pad — it's quite reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas — but now I've seen all I needed to.

A definite pre-order for me.

I've played through the entire leak - I think so anyway, it's kind of hard to tell.

Fuck me it's good. I mean...holy hell. Absolutely shitting marvellous work. It's exactly what you want from a Deus Ex game: Brilliant, tangible cyberpunk world, great characters, intrigue, stealth, action. RPG stuff.. All there. All at least as good as the original. Most of it considerably better.

Very, very good game. Potentially GOTY.

I've played through the entire leak - I think so anyway, it's kind of hard to tell.

Fuck me it's good. I mean...holy hell. Absolutely shitting marvellous work. It's exactly what you want from a Deus Ex game: Brilliant, tangible cyberpunk world, great characters, intrigue, stealth, action. RPG stuff.. All there. All at least as good as the original. Most of it considerably better.

Very, very good game. Potentially GOTY.

I'd rather wait for the final game thank you. :wink: Its looking good. They are not talking crap when promoting the game and seem genuinely excited about their work. :)

I played through the first "mission" so to speak.

Don't know whether to play anymore or leave it.

Fecking awesome.

Pre-ordering this thing!

Deus Ex is one of my favourite games ever, and this really does do it justice.

It feels like Deus Ex but also so fresh.

• 1 month later...

First review is in!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/29/deus-ex-human-revolution-review-scores-94-and-an-editors-choice-award-in-pc-gamer/

Holy shit, 94!

I'm so confused though...

Because I was listening to the last Bombcast from E3 and they were saying it was pretty bad.

But... fuck it, I've played it and thought it was awesome.

Money has been thrown down.

Agh.. Shouldn’t be spending money, but I need this. Oh, but it’s coming end of the month I see. I’ll reserve some money for this.

I’m not going to read reviews, but do they say anything about the benefits of the augmented version? I see you get 10000 extra credits to spend in-game which I find all kinds of wrong.

I’m not going to read reviews, but do they say anything about the benefits of the augmented version? I see you get 10000 extra credits to spend in-game which I find all kinds of wrong.

The leaked build actually contains some of the bonus weapons included in the Augmented Edition. They seem overpowered, so personally I don't think I'd use them if I did buy the special edition, at least for a first play through. Not that they make you invincible or anything, but there's no aspirations of upgrading when you have the very best right off the bat; it upsets the sense of progression.

That said you could always self-mediate and simply drop the weapons when you start the game, or stash them somewhere for later. I imagine it would be too tempting to hang onto them, though.

Hmm, personally I find simply having the extra credits and weapons already detracts from the genuine gameplay experience.. I can’t believe I’m going to buy the regular edition just to play the game properly. Unless the game asks you before the game if you want the extra stuff or not. It wouldn’t be a problem if there they didn’t inlcude an extra mission with it. It better be available in other ways. They’re really fucking up the SE.. This is not the way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
Have to wait until Friday...

You can always use the Steam VPN trick, so long as you don't mind sticking to Offline Mode until Friday. I'll leave you to research it if you're interested.

Also, console versions: they're basically the same so don't worry about it.