NEurope
Wesley

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Really excited for this. The idea of rebooting is perfect after the last game. Looks great. Sounds good. The trailer hit all the right spots.

Pedant's point - they have removed the '3' from the title, now it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

If you didn't know, it's a prequel to the original as well.

Right folks, here's the main snippets of info, straight from PC Gamer:

- Set 15 years before Deus Ex, will have it's own story

- Using mechanical augmentations requires energy

- energy is upgradeable via sgements, but ones used up don't regenerate (appart from the first segment), requiring tactical usage

- Every mission give you full energy at the start

- Director Jean-Francios Dugas says they "don't want it to be a run and shoot game. If you run at the enemies, 2, 3, 4 bullets and you're dead."

- Light and dark have no effect on visibility, enemies now see by line of sight.

- Dozens of takedown animations, depending on choice or context, both leathal and non-lethal

- The Renaissance look is only used for upper-class society, the game looks mostly like the real world, with hints of cyberpunk.

- Cities the player travels to are bustling and huge, the Shanghai hub is bigger than Liberty Island in Deus Ex 1.

- You can talk to everyone, and it's not just passing comments this time.

- Augmentations can be bought from a Lim Clinic, with enough cash

- Augs only have basic functionality, players need to use experience points to level up each of thier augmentations, up to level 4.

- Arms already augmented, there's 19 others available in the game.

- Conversations with locals are just pick certain options, important conversations are like verbal fights.

- In each of these are three options, 'Insist', 'Advise' and 'Pinpoint'. Tone of voice and body langauage are the way in telling wether you're going the correct path.

- Hacking in a mini-game where you collect nodes within the systems internal workings to get to the Registery.

- Hints of characters from first game, one mission requires you to find a hacker called "Tong"

- Characters will somehow make sort of "cameos", voice some actors from first Deus Ex reprise thier roles.

Sounding excellent to me, the innovations sound completely awesome! Can't wait for this. :grin:

Was there no gameplay footage from E3 yet?

sounds like no

Was there no gameplay footage from E3 yet?

There's none on the net, although from what I can gather, it was shown behind closed doors. I hope we get some soon!

Impressions sound good. I hope no more CG though. This e3 had way too much CG.

LEAKED VIDEO FOOTAGE!!! It's shaky-cam and off-screen though:

Part 1:

Part 2:

It looks amazing! This is what Deus Ex should be, fuck Invisible War! This game has just shot straight up to my number one most anticipated game.

Wow, it looks really good! I could never really get into the first title so this would be the perfect time to give the acclaimed series another chance.

Wow, it looks really good! I could never really get into the first title so this would be the perfect time to give the acclaimed series another chance.

I noticed last night that both games are in a pack for under £3.00 on Steam.

Edit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/

£2.98 for Deux Ex GOTY and Invisible War.

I decided to reinstall Deus Ex 1 after buying both of them in a deal last year but hardly touch it. It's just finished installing, but I can't bring myself to play it. I've never been able to 'get' the game. I get through the first level and then have no urge to carry on. Is it worth plodding through?

I never 'got' it first time either. RPG elements that restrict gunplay in what looks like a shooter always go down harsh.

I've been playing it all day, though, and I think it's finally clicked. I'm slowing down, appreciating the more adult treatment the game requires (as in 'treated like' not 'xxx') and it's really, really fucking good.

Fucking arse over tit of an ugly sumbitch nowadays mind, but if you can ignore that I think it's great.

I decided to reinstall Deus Ex 1 after buying both of them in a deal last year but hardly touch it. It's just finished installing, but I can't bring myself to play it. I've never been able to 'get' the game. I get through the first level and then have no urge to carry on. Is it worth plodding through?

Oh hell yeah.

It's always been one of those games that have stuck with me for so many different reasons.

I didn't click with me the first time I played it... and I put (what I thought at the time) was quite a bit of time into it.

But the second time I played it (which... was a long time ago admittedly) it just blew me away in so many respects.

First gameplay trailer is out! It's pretty much the same as what was seen in the leaked gameplay videos, but it's nice to see it in high-resolution. The graphics look incredible though!! I really need to upgrade my PC...

So, yeah, there's a new TGS trailer out:

This is now definitely number 1 on my most wanted list.

The youtube video for those not wanting to follow Choze's link (why you didn't just post a youtube link in the first place is beyond me. Well it's not really):

Looks fantastic. Not often I'm truly excited for a first person shooter but I'm really looking forward to this one.