Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Music 8.6 Oct 29, 2007

Bratz: Movie Starz Adventure 3.8 Oct 26, 2007

EA Playground Party 6.6 Oct 25, 2007

Cosmic Family Educational Action 5.0 Oct 25, 2007

Sims 2: Castaway, The Simulation 7.5 Oct 24, 2007

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Sports 4.0 Oct 23, 2007

Bleach: Shattered Blade Fighting 6.3 Oct 23, 2007

:(

It seems the Wii is still majorly plagued with mediocricy. With all these games coming out is your opinion of the Wii getting better and better or does it feel the same as a few months ago?

It seems the Wii is still majorly plagued with mediocricy. With all these games coming out is your opinion of the Wii getting better and better or does it feel the same as a few months ago?

To be fair since day one the Wii has had far too many mediocre games and not enough quality. This on the whole isn't too bad, because it means a lot of different types of games are out their to buy and out their quickly, and it's guaranteed some numpty will buy them.

But for people like myself, who want decent gaming experiences, that don't have stuck on controls or too much of a novelty feel. You can't help but think you're being let down.

this will be the case throughout the Wii's entire lifespan, just like any other mainstream console.

Get used to it, especially after Galaxy raises the bar so high, the scores will only get worse

but the wii is the biggest selling console and the cheapest to devolope for.

You can check the ps2's listing and find similiar results.

Also see the DS as that is pretty much the same.

But for people like myself, who want decent gaming experiences, that don't have stuck on controls or too much of a novelty feel. You can't help but think you're being let down.

I have to agree, but to be fair I have yet to own Galaxy or Corruption so maybe they will change my mind.

But I bought Fifa 08 due to people on here saying how great it was but I was totally disappointed with the over-the-top, unsimplistic gameplay, with Gamecube visuals. To be honest the game felt shite from the menu screens. Then there was Super Paper Mario which I just couldn't play after a certain point due to sheer boredom.

I can't risk buying any more mediocre games, there are so many on shelf. :( Its come to a point where I am so weary to splash my cash on Wii software. When I had my Wii, its probably a shame to say I had more VC games than actual games and they got more hours (part. Paper Mario 64).

I am a real Pokemon fan, but knowing Battle Revolution is just a quick 3D battle 'em up just lets me down, knowing that it could have been a full blown stadium game. The sad thing I will still probably get that game, but it would probably feel like wanking and crying at the same time.

But great quality games always checked those "My Horse and Me" sort of ames. The quality games were there in your face with the PS2.

I'll go back through the list and pick out what I think are the quality games.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games [AU] Sports Compilation 5.2 Nov 22, 2007

SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis Action 5.3 Nov 21, 2007

Geometry Wars: Galaxies Shooter 8.0 Nov 20, 2007

Ghost Squad Shooter 7.5 Nov 20, 2007

Link's Crossbow Training Shooter 7.0 Nov 20, 2007

Need for Speed ProStreet Racing 6.2 Nov 19, 2007

Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, The Platformer 3.6 Nov 19, 2007

Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots Action 6.0 Nov 19, 2007

Cabela's Big Game Hunter Hunting 6.4 Nov 16, 2007

Trauma Center: New Blood Simulation 8.5 Nov 16, 2007

Victorious Boxers: Revolution Fighting 4.5 Nov 15, 2007

Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Burning Earth Action 6.2 Nov 14, 2007

Ben 10: Protector of Earth Action 6.8 Nov 14, 2007

Namco Museum Remix Action Compilation 5.0 Nov 14, 2007

Smarty Pants Trivia 7.0 Nov 13, 2007

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Shooter 7.9 Nov 13, 2007

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Action 6.3 Nov 13, 2007

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary Adventure 7.0 Nov 13, 2007

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga Action Compilation 8.0 Nov 9, 2007

Hooked! Real Motion Fishing Sports 2.7 Nov 9, 2007

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [AU] Shooter 9.2 Nov 8, 2007

Simpsons Game, The Action 7.0 Nov 8, 2007

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Shooter 8.4 Nov 8, 2007

Super Mario Galaxy Platformer 9.7 Nov 7, 2007

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Sports Compilation 7.9 Nov 6, 2007

High School Musical: Sing It! (game & microphone) Music 6.6 Nov 5, 2007

High School Musical: Sing It! (game only) Music 6.6 Nov 5, 2007

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Strategy RPG 8.0 Nov 2, 2007

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Wrestling 7.5 Nov 1, 2007

FIFA Soccer 08 Sports 7.0 Nov 1, 2007

Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal Action Adventure 3.0 Nov 1, 2007

Battalion Wars 2 Action 8.0 Oct 31, 2007

Manhunt 2 Action 7.7 Oct 29, 2007

Bratz: Movie Starz Adventure 3.8 Oct 26, 2007

EA Playground Party 6.6 Oct 25, 2007

Cosmic Family Educational Action 5.0 Oct 25, 2007

Sims 2: Castaway, The Simulation 7.5 Oct 24, 2007

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Sports 4.0 Oct 23, 2007

Bleach: Shattered Blade Fighting 6.3 Oct 23, 2007

The bold is all the quality ones.

The underlined games are the ones I think could be quality, but aren't entirely sure.

Looking back at that, I fail to see what the problem is. Just because a title isn't up there with the likes of Ocarina of Time does not make it a title of poor quality.

All Released in November:

Geometry Wars: Galaxies Shooter 8.0 Nov 20, 2007

Ghost Squad Shooter 7.5 Nov 20, 2007

Link's Crossbow Training Shooter 7.0 Nov 20, 2007

Trauma Center: New Blood Simulation 8.5 Nov 16, 2007

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Shooter 7.9 Nov 13, 2007

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga Action Compilation 8.0 Nov 9, 2007

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Shooter 8.4 Nov 8, 2007

Super Mario Galaxy Platformer 9.7 Nov 7, 2007

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Sports Compilation 7.9 Nov 6, 2007

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Strategy RPG 8.0 Nov 2, 2007

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Wrestling 7.5 Nov 1, 2007

Battalion Wars 2 Action 8.0 Oct 31, 2007

Manhunt 2 Action 7.7 Oct 29, 2007

Fair enough, there is ALOT of crap there, but to try and suggest there isn't enough good games to go around for everyone is just BS. The list above caters to a wide variety of players.

Nintendo can't do anything about the influx of terrible games, would SEGA make so many Wii exclusives if Nitnendo refused them permission to port House of the Dead of SEGA Bass Fishing? No they wouldn't, so just take the rough with the smooth like we have for every single console in the history of video games.

Every month we see more quality titles released, and the 2008 line up looks no different. The PS2 had alot of junk on it (more then the Wii or DS) but I didn't see anyone complaining about them, hum.

A game that a respectable reviewer scores 6.3 is quality? I dunno...

Are we still talking about IGN here?

The first RRR game is class, and the second one looks promising, too.

Are we still talking about IGN here?

The first RRR game is class, and the second one looks promising, too.

Ridge Racer was class? :blank: Fine, I can't knock your opinion but I found RRR to be one of the worst driving games in the history of racing games, the cars are controlled like a hover craft.

?

RRR = Rayman Raving Rabbids. As it was clearly highlighted in the list. Between Resi Evil and Tomb Raider. ;)

The trouble with the Wii is, there are only a few great games in the sea of mediocrety. The PS2 and DS had a lake of great games to go along with the sea of mediocrety. I know it's early in the life cycle, but the Wii needs more good games soon.

You've had Metroid Prime 3 AND Super Mario Galaxy released recently. What more do you bluddy want?!

You've had Metroid Prime 3 AND Super Mario Galaxy released recently. What more do you bluddy want?!

Plus we got Zelda at launch, Fire Emblem (is that out now I can't remember) Smash Bros next Year and Also Mario Kart Next year.

I agree, not to mention Super Paper Mario. I'd say we've had quite a decent first year. It's pretty much the same old story, with Nintendo games being quality, and there being about 3 really good 3rd party games. This is the same thing I experienced with the Gamecube, it's just eventually the Gamecube didn't have any games being released and it became boring.

Thats why I'm more concerned about the next 2 years rather than whats available now. It's also why I'm glad I've got an Xbox 360, and I'd recommend getting one or a PS3 to anyone with a Wii.

Don't forget Okami and No More Heroes. People should learn to make up their minds just from the vids and not the reviews, or of someone you trust opinion. Sometimes these reviewers just don't like that style of game.

A game that a respectable reviewer scores 6.3 is quality? I dunno...

It's just one person's opinion. And the reviewer has given it an "above average" score.

The thing about the Wii is that is has games like Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros and Mario. Which are above the best of any other console's games. Then is has other franchises that are as good as the best games from other consoles.

The 360 has more great games, but nothing as good as those four franchises.

Only a fanboy will tell you that the Wii has a great library of games, and as a BIG Nintendo fan even i'll tell you that the Wii doesn't have the best of librarys atm, with a lots of mediocre games.

BUT, we do have Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, both fantastic games which i love to bits. Guitar Hero 3 (which i got yesterday) is also fantastic.

Resi 4: Wii edition and zelda are both great BUT you need to remember they are both ports (though the Wii version of resi4 is immense).

Then you have a few 8/10 games, such as the first 2 trauma centre games and RRR. Scarface was also awesome due to the control scheme, despite the ps2 graphics *sigh*

Wii has a few fantastic games, and then some good games, but what it needs is what the 360 has, lots of great games (i'm talking 9/10 kinda games). Hopefully No More Heroes will be one of these cos i love what i've seen of it so far.

The first year on Wii is the BEST first year I have everr witnessed!!! I dont know what peoples problem is - it's better thsn the NES, SNES, N64, gamecube, PS, PS2, Xbox, and yes even the od almight (on these boards) 360!!!! We've had Zelda, Metroid and Mario - IMO the best version of each repsective series - fuck me things couldn't be any better for a nintendo fan!!!

We've also had some great broad range titles - endless ocean, mario strikers, res evil 4, Rayman, Trauma Centre, Scarface/Godfather (purely for the controls), Super Paper Mario, Kororinpa, Fifa, SSX Blur, and more.

Lets not forget the awesome xmas lineup - Guitar Hero, Ghost Squad, res Evil UC, M&S Olympics, RRR 2 and the stunning post xmas launch - Mario Kart, BWii, Smash Bros, Wii Fit, Medal of Honour 2, Zack and Wicki etc.

WHAT THE FUCK IS PEOPLES PROBLEM!!!

What does 360 have we don't? CoD4. Bioshock, Halo 3, GRAW, Orange box.....what genre are all these again? Oh yeah FPS ZZZzzzzzzzz And Metroid (in one player) beats them all!!!!!

People fucking love to moan though don't they......?

PS I have all the 360 games mentioned except Halo 3, which I'll playing after xmas (my mates getting it for xmas)

The first year on Wii is the BEST first year I have everr witnessed!!! I dont know what peoples problem is - it's better thsn the NES, SNES, N64, gamecube, PS, PS2, Xbox, and yes even the od almight (on these boards) 360!!!! We've had Zelda, Metroid and Mario - IMO the best version of each repsective series - fuck me things couldn't be any better for a nintendo fan!!!

We've also had some great broad range titles - endless ocean, mario strikers, res evil 4, Rayman, Trauma Centre, Scarface/Godfather (purely for the controls), Super Paper Mario, Kororinpa, Fifa, SSX Blur, and more.

Lets not forget the awesome xmas lineup - Guitar Hero, Ghost Squad, res Evil UC, M&S Olympics, RRR 2 and the stunning post xmas launch - Mario Kart, BWii, Smash Bros, Wii Fit, Medal of Honour 2, Zack and Wicki etc.

WHAT THE FUCK IS PEOPLES PROBLEM!!!

What does 360 have we don't? CoD4. Bioshock, Halo 3, GRAW, Orange box.....what genre are all these again? Oh yeah FPS ZZZzzzzzzzz And Metroid (in one player) beats them all!!!!!

People fucking love to moan though don't they......?

PS I have all the 360 games mentioned except Halo 3, which I'll playing after xmas (my mates getting it for xmas)

It's been a good first year in terms of Zelda, Metroid and Mario, but zelda got boring and repetitive pretty quick (though the other 2 are great). And yes, while we've had good games we've been floody with averageness.

And whilst Orange box, CoD4, Bioshock, GWAR 1+2, RS:Vegas are all FPS's, they rock. And then there's also titles like GH2+3, Saints Row, Colin McRae: DiRT, PG4, Forza, Dead Rising, Gears of War and Mass Effect.

I wish there were more new AAA games being made for the Wii.

Two more to add to that lake of great games: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Excite Truck. :)

Dead Rising is awesome I'll give you that (haven't played Mass Effect YET) though Gears of War is hooribly overrated IMO, I really like it don't get me wrong, it looks INCREDIBLE (the best looking game ever IMO) but god does the gaemply get boring. As for Colin Mcrae and PGR3, well I hate racing sims!

I'm not saying 360 doesnt have some amazing games, I'm saying the Wii has had an amazing first year - much better than the 360 had (95% of the games you mentioned came in the 2nd year!). And me, personally have enjoyed Galaxy, Metroid and Zelda more than ANY of the 360 games.

PS And yes, Excite Truck is a GREAT game (I wasm't sure if you was being sarcastic c0zm1c!?)