NEurope
pedrocasilva

House of the Dead 2/3 Return

I don't mind if they are arcade perfect ports, but if they turn out like sub standard pixellated messes I will be less than happy...

You can never tell from the first batch of shots anyway.

Yay, all we need is Time Crisis now and I'll be a happy bunny.

I don't mind them being direct ports TBH, a little effort wouldn't of gone amiss but I suppose we'll have to wait and see how they turn out.

From GoNintendo

Looks like Sega is going to keep this trend with their arcade/console light gun ports. GameStop/EB Games has House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns for $30. That would match the price they are selling Ghost Squad for. Two games for the price of one cheaper DS title…now that’s a steal.

If its like £20-25 over here I would be a happy man.

From GoNintendo

If its like £20-25 over here I would be a happy man.

Considering Ghost Squad is on Play and Amazon at £32-£35, it might not be that much of a "budget" title over here.

What about a Wii version of...

TYPING OF THE DEAD!!!!:p

How about a PC version! Cant seem to find one anywhere. Not looked for a few months though. I got a sniff of one once but the person was selling it (a budget PC release) for 30 quid.

house112607.jpg

Boxart

Release date around March 2008.

What a horrible boxart!

The font, the way the writing's set out, the figure on the right, the colour combination etc... what a mess!

How similar/different is Virtua Cop to Ghost Squad?

Quite similar, almost like an extension of the franchise. Virtua Cop, Confidential Mission and Ghost Squa are all in the same vein. One hit kills anywhere, and it's fast with many enemies.

This is in contrast to HotD. Which is fewer enemies, they're slow, require a head shot or multiple hits.

Hmm, I don't think that boxart is too shabby. The font and figure on the right are typically HotD, so no harm there. The colour combination in indeed peculiar, but it conveys the HotD-atmosphere quite well IMO.

It won't win any awards for it's brilliant boxart, but for a HotD-game, I think it's pretty classy.

And since this is selling for cheap (:yay:), chances are high I'll pick this up. Again. :heh:

This is a must buy if it comes out at £19.99 RRP.

Any more and I'd feel like I'm being robbed, but I guess time shall tell. Chances are there are too many games coming out around this for me to give it a look-in anyway!

Reportedly, it's coming out with a €30-pricetag, if this source is to be believed. (Beware: Dutch!) if this is true, it'll probably retail for €29,99, like Endless Ocean. If your store has fair prices. There are stores here who try to sell Endless Ocean for €45. Good luck with other stores in the street selling it for €30. :indeed:

A calculator later, and this makes for a... errr, £21.6276-pricetag.

I fro one don;t mind paying 30 quid for this, if I saw the seperately for 15 quid a piece I'd buy them. All in all, 2 great games for 30 quid is not bad at all.

Cheers Helmsly!

Looks almost bang on the original (from what I can tell of HoD 2 stuff) but there are small details in the movement that just makes everything look a lot more fluid. It may be because they are using the arcade rather than the console version.

Also seeing that demon sloth in the video makes me wanna kick his ass again. Damn thing! He killed my creds in the arcade!

This actually does look rather good. I'm quite looking forward to getting it in fact. Here's hoping it sells well, if it does then hopefully we'll get a version of HotD 4 some time soon.

Looking great! I have played HOD2 to death though, but the third i never have, i don't think...

I think that the graphics should be improved to a certain extent. Mip-mapping textures, adding some bloom-effects, maybe better lighting effects...

I'll just wait and see what extra content the game will contain before I judge it.

I know that HotD 3 was more adapted for home consoles, while HotD 2 was a pure port. Put together, I think it's fairly good value for your money.

I wonder if they'll bundle typing of the dead in with this, could never get two player worker on my PC. Could be quite cool to plug in two USB keyboards to the Wii and have a blast.

I wonder if they'll bundle typing of the dead in with this, could never get two player worker on my PC. Could be quite cool to plug in two USB keyboards to the Wii and have a blast.

Was typing of the dead ever released on the PC?

Saw it in a store yesterday :P

Yeah, did a little digging around after posting that. There wasn't a multiplayer option on the PC version, despite having a "Player 2 press return" message flashing whilst playing through the game.

There is a LAN option, but it wasn't technically supported at the time. I think I tried that out at some point without much luck, might give another go if I get chance.

Why don't they just release The House of the Dead Trilogy?:S

They could remake the 1st one if unable to port it easily... "2 & 3 Return" sounds shoddy.