NEurope
Coolness Bears

The feeling of Loneliness...

Having Made a Happy Pyjama Thread, i thought i'd better Balance it out! :grin:

Today i was thinking about Loneliness and whether it would scare me if i was left alone in this world, with no family, friends or partner. (not that i have one. :heh:)

I'm really shy at school and was sitting on the Bus today with no one to talk to... and was thinking about my self alienation from the group. (as i have problems trying to express myself.) and i find it hard to make new friends. :)

I enjoy being by myself though. (as you can play great single player games :heh:) :yay:

I think no one wants to ultimately be left alone and if i was, i think i would be scared as i'd have to face the fear of the Unknown by myself.

Are you afraid of ending up alone in the world? :)

Not as far as friends go, I like to think I'll always have close friends and I hope I'll have my family for a long time too. But having a better half? I seriously think in that regard, I'll end up alone.

I am terrified of being alone in the world.

I dread the day my friends leave to go to uni and I won't see them regularly.

It was hard enough moving to college because I missed my friends so much.

I'd hate having noone to talk to, I talk so much, I'd get bored of talking to myself.

I love my family and friends so much, I'd hate it. probably my worst fear along with death.

I think I will survive, I always seem to make SOME friends :p As for losing people.. don't really like to think that far.

Coolness will never be alone.. he has me ♥ :yay:

I've felt amazingly lonely since I left school. As my friends are all still there, doing 6th Form. Really bums me out whenever I think about them. :(

In the end, whether we are married/in a relationship or what not, you can have your best friends and your family surrounding you. But you will end up alone, everyone dies alone, going into the unknown, you face experiences alone, no person can ever be truely be together with someone, we still retreat into our minds where no one can sense what we are thinking or predict what we can do and ask questions that only we can answer.

what sucks is knowing that ^

In the end, whether we are married/in a relationship or what not, you can have your best friends and your family surrounding you. But you will end up alone, everyone dies alone, going into the unknown, you face experiences alone, no person can ever be truely be together with someone, we still retreat into our minds where no one can sense what we are thinking or predict what we can do and ask questions that only we can answer.

Bummer. Totally brought down the thread :p

Bummer. Totally brought down the thread :p

whoops, still seems to have stopped my fear of death some what

I am an only child and most my friend's are away in University's far far away, so I am quite alone for the majority of every week, but I do very much like my own company. I'm lucky to have one social event a week lol It does bother me sometimes, but it never brings me down.

I can be quite shy too. At work today for example, all the lad's were having a conversation about video games and Heroes, and I hardly contributed a word to the discussion. I prefer talking to people 1 on 1, than in big group's.

As for the future, of course I'd like to settle down with someone, but if I haven't, it won't matter, as long as I am happy :) I do have a "girlfriend" at the moment, and it's nice to spend time with someone who cares for you, even tho I am a rotten boyfriend lol

In the end, whether we are married/in a relationship or what not, youo can have your best friends and your family surrounding you. But you will end up alone, everyne dies alone, going into the unknown, you face experiences alone, no person can ever be truely be together with someone, we still retreat into our minds where no one can sense what we are thinking or predict what we can do and ask questions that only we can answer.

Matt Parkman would know what your thinking. :heh:

I don't fear death! although i haven't thought long enough for that to happen (i'll save that for another bus trip :P)

I don't think you do end up alone, we may retreat into our minds and people can't tell what we are thinking! but there will always be at least one person there who loves you! :D

Matt Parkman would know what your thinking. :heh:

I don't fear death! although i haven't thought long enough for that to happen (i'll save that for another bus trip :P)

I don't think you do end up alone, we may retreat into our minds and people can't tell what we are thinking! but there will always be at least one person there who loves you! :D

i believe you can only say that if you have a faith, as paul stated, he would go crazy if he had no family or friends, but if you had a faith you can turn to that i.e. God loves you and so on

but what if you didn't?

it would be you, alone, with no one to support you, could you or rather anyone live with that?

I don't talk very much in person, unless I'm around close friends. Maybe because I have a hard time believing that anyone actually wants to hear what I have to say, which is why venting my rage on this forum is so satisfying, as I don't have to worry about any social consequences of my words. According to friends, I'm stupidly shy in public, hence I don't know very many people. Good thing about that though is that I have a very close group of friends that I can't imagine ever being without.

I would have to write a essay about my loneliness. :sad:

Same here. But when I start to do just that I think to myself "does anyone really want to read my insecure ramblings?"

Sort of, I don't have a great number of friends, but who could really be alone with N-E at their fingertips.

I don't talk very much in person, unless I'm around close friends. Maybe because I have a hard time believing that anyone actually wants to hear what I have to say, which is why venting my rage on this forum is so satisfying, as I don't have to worry about any social consequences of my words. According to friends, I'm stupidly shy in public, hence I don't know very many people. Good thing about that though is that I have a very close group of friends that I can't imagine ever being without.

Same here. But when I start to do just that I think to myself "does anyone really want to read my insecure ramblings?"

Yeah i know what you mean Bard. :hmm:

Mine would have to start on the day that I joined school.

I definitely do. The prospect or university is eating at me. The only course I want to do is in Manchester, and I live near brighton. It's making me very depressed.

17's kind of that age when you're still trying to find your power and grapple with who you are and what you like, what you'll do and where you want to go, if anywhere. When you do, that's when you really start to find people who like to do what you do and go where you go, because that's where you'll find them. And they'll find you.

I think it's normal to fear being alone at times in your life. Cause there will always be times where you need someone that isn't there.

But I don't fear being alone in general. I know I wont die alone. Whenever I feel at the pinnacle of loneliness I turn to my self and grow, being dependent of having some one is being week. Being able to be alone and glad is something I feel more and more people lack these days.

I kinda feel alone at times, but then it makes things a little more exciting. Like, I'm going it alone, and so every day turns out to be adventure. Past few months, I've not really seen my family and home friends, but I've made a lot more friends down here. At the same time, I still feel alone because it feels like a huge world out there, with me stuck in the middle of it, scraping by and just...I dunno.

This story had a point, but it somehow got lost. I shall finish it later.

all the regular people in my life seemed to move away at once earlier this year... my uni course finished in may and all my friends moved back to their homes far(ish) away... i broke up with my long term boyfriend around the same time and preeetty much havent seen him since... my current boyfriend (who is awesome <--just incase he reads this :wink: ) lives like, 300 miles away (but it's totally worth the 6 hour train ride to see him and all HIS friends, who are also awesome) but its not like i cant keep in regular contact with all these people (aside from my ex - who isnt talking to me right now *heh*) via the interweb - and tbh - with my future plans of working in japan.... 6000+ miles away from ALL of the aforementioned far-away friends, i think i'd better learn to deal with it ^___^

...and saying that, i think i am learning to deal with it pretty well :smile:

s'all good (for now ~)

nice topic coolness, anyone else would have made it all emo and negative but somehow you've pitched it as a quietly optimistic philosophical discussion... very edgar allen poe :wink: heheh kudos!

I'm pretty much resolved to being alone. I don't have any particularly good friends. I get on with everyone great but it seems to be fairly superficial. Recently I've tried to be a bit more out going, I find that if I keep myself busy I don't get depressed when thinking about this sort of stuff.

I starting to think I'd rather be hated than be a kind of background person like I seem to be now.

that's different to generally having nobody, and still knowing that fact. You feel a lot more useless and isolated when you know that you're alone in death and in life.

no matter how impossible it is to truly share experiences, in your eyes, it is still an unbelievable feeling just trying!

Being human is about the relationships, the interactions you have with others. without that, you may as well be dead.

And it's the loss of such bonds that is truly depressing. Truly, knowing what you once had, how powerful it was, and then not having it anymore... is feeling alone.

I'm actually fairly easy in my own company- I have my friends and enjoy their company obviously but I'm the kind of guy who can spend entire days curled up with nought but a book, a good game, dvd and a bottle of fine beer and never find fault.

I have been feeling emotionally lonely lately though- I really want to be with someone in Sheffield and I'm feeling stuck in Hull a bit. it's all horribly complicated though and can send me through ups and downs like nothing else can or should.

I have been feeling emotionally lonely lately though- I really want to be with someone in Sheffield and I'm feeling stuck in Hull a bit. it's all horribly complicated though and can send me through ups and downs like nothing else can or should.

It's me isn't it? Honey, how many times.. we just can't do it. It's just NOT RIGHT.

.. sorry.