Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Good Film for 16th Party

kcl91

Are you fucking insane?

Nope, are you? Most 16 yr olds who want to watch something fun and violent for their party won't want to read subtitles, they won't necessarily want a cinematic masterpiece. The dubbing adds to the humour.

Nope, are you? Most 16 yr olds who want to watch something fun and violent for their party won't want to read subtitles, they won't necessarily want a cinematic masterpiece. The dubbing adds to the humour.

Well, the fact is that Hard Boiled IS a cinematic masterpiece... and dubbing ruins it. In fact, I'll even go as far as saying that all sort of dubbing should be banned. One of the few reasons I truly love my country for is that we sub everything, never dub. The world should follow this lead.

xXx - Triple X

It's 16... not 12.

Well, the fact is that Hard Boiled IS a cinematic masterpiece... and dubbing ruins it. In fact, I'll even go as far as saying that all sort of dubbing should be banned. One of the few reasons I truly love my country for is that we sub everything, never dub. The world should follow this lead.

However, in Germany they dub almost anything and I must say for instance the dub of Batman Begins equals the quality of the original and it's almost lip-sync.

However, they should never ever dub any Asians films, they never manage to get the voices right. But as far as American films go original voice > dub > sub. The subs take the focus partially off the picture and that's annoying me.

It's 16... not 12.

I know, I actually had the director's cut in mind. But it doesn't change much anyways. I still find it one of the most brain relaxing films. Lots of cool music, lots of stupid stunts, lots of stupid one-liners, lots of stupid characters and little story but enough explosions to make up for that.

However, in Germany they dub almost anything and I must say for instance the dub of Batman Begins equals the quality of the original and it's almost lip-sync.

However, they should never ever dub any Asians films, they never manage to get the voices right. But as far as American films go original voice > dub > sub. The subs take the focus partially off the picture and that's annoying me.

That's coz you aren't used to reading subs, wich makes that YOUR problem, not subbing. The fact is, dubs are not necessary... End of statement. They may be pretty good, but they are never better. (Some exceptions, I sppose, on animated films and so on...)

That's coz you aren't used to reading subs, wich makes that YOUR problem, not subbing.

You shouldn't jump to conclusion. I watch Naruto every week - subbed of course, so I'm actually used to subs but still they're stealing focus when someone talks and does something at the same time.