N-Europe

Street Fighter IV

Noku

wouldnt it be the same for Street fighter then?

If we say this game comes out at Xmas 2008, then no. Wii will obviously have a much larger userbase by then (still smaller then PS2's) but also the PS2 userbase will have started declining in attatch rates.

Either way, your example still shows flaws. The Wii version of the last DBZ game sold 300k world wide, which is a pretty significient figure for a port which probably cost them about 5%-10% of the total development costs.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the new shots of this and it looks like the Wii could EASILY handle this. Why wouldn't they release it for the Wii? Has it been confirmed it aint coming to the Wii - very frustrating true!!

Also, it looks like a remake of Street Fighter 2!!! Even the background is Chun Li's from SF2!!!

This better come out for the Wii! Come on Capcom, don't be annoying!

Just seen the new shots of this and it looks like the Wii could EASILY handle this. Why wouldn't they release it for the Wii? Has it been confirmed it aint coming to the Wii - very frustrating true!!

Also, it looks like a remake of Street Fighter 2!!! Even the background is Chun Li's from SF2!!!

This better come out for the Wii! Come on Capcom, don't be annoying!

As far as I know, the only platform it's currently confirmed for, is the Arcade.

im not sure why it isn't confirmed for wii?im getting sick of this the wii cant handle it shit.. technically the dreamcast could handle anything street fighter will come out with..

that and the fact that street fighter 2 has been released on vc 4 times..if that sells then obviously the franchise has it's fans.. I wouln't want motion sensing...capcom make the weirdest decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone read this on ign.... street fighter 4 producer talks about home ports

"Street Fighter IV, as it stands now, would be well-suited for the higher-level platforms. But the game doesn't have to have these visuals in order to be fun. We could go, potentially, to the Wii. We could make it on Game Boy, for all we know right now. As long as the rules are the same, that can be independent of the visuals. So we're not going to be limited by any hardware specs; we're going to aim as wide as possible."

"Street Fighter IV, as it stands now, would be well-suited for the higher-level platforms. But the game doesn't have to have these visuals in order to be fun. We could go, potentially, to the Wii. We could make it on Game Boy, for all we know right now. As long as the rules are the same, that can be independent of the visuals. So we're not going to be limited by any hardware specs; we're going to aim as wide as possible."

With the key word being "potentially", this sort of statement is otherwise known as "No, we did not think of the Wii when we made this game...". If they do do a SF on Wii expect this version in two years time with lacking content.

With the key word being "potentially", this sort of statement is otherwise known as "No, we did not think of the Wii when we made this game...". If they do do a SF on Wii expect this version in two years time with lacking content.

They weren't thinking of any consoles, period. SF is an arcade fighter series, and will always start out on an arcade.

I do think the Wii could handle this game as it is presented now. C'mon, the trailer looked awesome, but the in-game is a lot less spectacular. Doable for the Wii, in any case.

Of course, that's just my presumption ;)

Anyhooo... Hurray for keeping our hopes up!

Fuck the Wii version, I'll take a Gameboy version!

Fuck the Wii version, I'll take a Gameboy version!

......well it won't happen but I see your point... I hate this "the wii can't handle it" bullshit..

The gameboy could actually do a decent version of this(ok lets be fair here the gba at best:))

the ds could do a version for sure though.(i need a new ds)

My point earlier was that teh dremcast could do a port of this game and i stand by that...

The wii can do any game the rest can.Not graphically perfectly but it can do anything.

......well it won't happen but I see your point... I hate this "the wii can't handle it" bullshit..

The gameboy could actually do a decent version of this(ok lets be fair here the gba at best:))

the ds could do a version for sure though.(i need a new ds)

My point earlier was that teh dremcast could do a port of this game and i stand by that...

The wii can do any game the rest can.Not graphically perfectly but it can do anything.

But the main question still remains... Can you play Doom on it? :heh:

Thats not really true. The Wii can do SFIV, but there are TONS of games out there that the Wii actually can't handle without changing the game to the point where it's no longer the same title. The extra power that the 360 and PS3 have isn't just used for graphics ;)

Thats not really true. The Wii can do SFIV, but there are TONS of games out there that the Wii actually can't handle without changing the game to the point where it's no longer the same title. The extra power that the 360 and PS3 have isn't just used for graphics ;)

ok can you name one? and lack of enemies on screen really doesn't include.

After watching the gameplay videos, this game has improved nothing but the visuals.

Sad day for SF fans everywhere.

happy day for street fighter fans. Since 3 everytime capcom have tried to "improve"street fighter they didnt or made a balls of it.

so thank you capcom for not bothering.

ok can you name one? and lack of enemies on screen really doesn't include.

Assassin's Creed

Dead Rising

Call Of Duty 4

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Crackdown

Burnout Paradise

Shadowrun

Just off the top of my head. Some of these games are limited by the lack of a HDD, some by online functionality, some by technical limitations on how much can be displayed at once and how quickly data needs to be processed. Theres a few more that i though of too, but i've not played them so i won't guess.

Extra enemies doesn't count? In some games reducing the number of things going on at the same time would change how the game felt and played, effectively making it a whole new game ;) Imagine Super Mario 3 with the enemy numbers cut in half. Is it the same game? No, it isn't.

While I'm no technical expert on these things, I'm sure if it was even theoretically possible to port the best ps3 and 360 games to the Wii, they'd do it. Fact is, it's not feasible, so they don't.

It's really as simple as that, the Wii cannot handle the games. If Street Fighter IV were to come to the Wii, they'd have to develope an entirely new game from scratch. But then, it's a completely different game, which is the problem in the first place.

Assassin's Creed

Dead Rising

Call Of Duty 4

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Crackdown

Burnout Paradise

Shadowrun

Just off the top of my head. Some of these games are limited by the lack of a HDD, some by online functionality, some by technical limitations on how much can be displayed at once and how quickly data needs to be processed. Theres a few more that i though of too, but i've not played them so i won't guess.

Extra enemies doesn't count? In some games reducing the number of things going on at the same time would change how the game felt and played, effectively making it a whole new game ;) Imagine Super Mario 3 with the enemy numbers cut in half. Is it the same game? No, it isn't.

burnout was done on the psp and gamecube even back in the day..What makes you think a version would not be the same on wii?Whats differet about this? driving around a town?

call of duty 4 is even worse I have played this game extensively..The graphics are great but not convinced.With Elder scrolls you may have a point but i havent played the others.

is the ps2 version of resident 4 any different because it lacked extra enemies and tress compared to the gamecube version?I know we are talking about a bigger gap here but the games CAN be done.

We are gone beyond proper limitations.. I mean the ps1 could run fps games properly like the ps2 could.

I really think too many people underestimate the wii and even the ps2 when it comes to it.