N-Europe

Presidental Candidates

DomJcg

It's not just winning states, don't forget each state has a number of electoral college votes. A desolate place like Alaska is only worth three, while Florida is probably worth about 20-odd. California is good for 55.

Ooh, I didn't know that, cool.

All the same, a vote-for-vote system would be better.

Ron Paul all the way baby. It's almost a shame he'd be assasinated if there was any sign he could win.

But on the whole we're going to be fucked whoever wins. They're all the same, corrupt bastards, especially Guliani and that Mormon guy, forgotten his name. Pure evil those two.

Colbert ftw. If you haven't seen his performance at the press dinner you owe it to yourself to look it up.

I'm most attracted to Ron Paul as a candidate even though personally I lean more towards democrats (thanks West Wing). Paul stands for personal freedoms and the restriction of government. It is really great to watch when he speaks. (Google him or youtube his name)

It's not just winning states, don't forget each state has a number of electoral college votes. A desolate place like Alaska is only worth three, while Florida is probably worth about 20-odd. California is good for 55.

The whole US electoral college pisses me off, it's stupid and undemocratic.

Hmmm, Mike Gravel and John Edwards seem alright, although Edwards seems to be pretty lacking in policy and Gravel is away in his own liberal world. Obama I'm not too sure about, but he might do a decent job untangling all the crap America has been stuck with in recent years. However, this doesn't really matter as non of these guys are likely to be elected.

the electoral college AND the embarrassing inability of our government to count up the votes correctly is stupid and undemocratic.

Ive never voted and never will unless these issues are removed and we go to a popular vote.

All of these candidates, barring Colbert, scare me. I would vote for Jon Stewart if he ever decided to run though. And Mike Gravel gets my attention for his intention to wipe out the IRS.