N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how bad is the loading.

In the trailers the world of this game seemed immersive with huge scope.

Now,every 20 meters we have a loading screen.

It will do bad to my nerves...

Agreed. Those loads are appalling- deal breaker for me, actually. Its disappointing the environments aren't seemless either - in many places it seems as though he's walked into a completely different world.

Whens this out? Summer, right? Leaving little chance of fixing these issues?

Agreed. Those loads are appalling- deal breaker for me, actually. Its disappointing the environments aren't seemless either - in many places it seems as though he's walked into a completely different world.

Whens this out? Summer, right? Leaving little chance of fixing these issues?

I think that's because its a demo and it has to show lots of different areas.

Guest Captain Falcon

The loading I could get on board with but the seemingly one dimensional gameplay on the other hand....

Guest Captain Falcon
I think people actually basing that character for the gameplay is rather odd. The character he picked is slow and clunky, wouldn't use that kind of weapon or slugy-ness ever :heh:

Well that's the first gameplay clip I've ever seen of a MH title, and I know next to nothing of the series, so bear with me on this one a little if my judgment seems a touch hasty.

Maybe it was the players lack of familiarity that made it come across that way - he does confess to sucking at the game if you go to the youtube page.

Maybe I was expecting a bit much?

Edited by Captain Falcon

Guest Captain Falcon

Sound advice.

The game is still on the periphery of my radar so I've not written it off just yet.

I figure it may be one of those games that you need to play to in order to truly "get it". And I'm guessing the social aspect is another big part too.

Just been looking at some videos of the portable games and they look a little more in depth than I'd initially considered it to be.

Guest Captain Falcon
Its not so much the gameplay for me, its those load screens, too frequent and too intrusive. Reminds me of Batman Forever on Super NES...

I remember Batman Forever and it's continual loading screens. Again, I'd argue the gameplay was a greater issue than the loading.

Given how short they are in that demo, which is probably based on old code, I'd expect the loading to be reduced in the final game to the point whereby they could get away with the loading screen at all.

It would just fade to black for a second like the original MGS (and it's sequels on the PS2 - not played no.4) - technically, that had loading screens all over the place, it was just done in a way that made them less obvious and obtrusive to the gamer.

the loading screen is only for when you enter Dungeons not for the open field

look closely when he got hit by that Monster he got knocked out of the Dungeon than he entered again ( and again loading )

I posted what im about to post yesterday but due to the server knacking up it got deleted.

The loading occurs everytime you enter a new area. On each of the levels/stages there are around 12 sections and everytime you enter one of these you will be hit with a loading screen. The PSP versions of the game speeded things up though.

Say you start in area 1 and then go to area 2 you will get the loading screen now if you head back into area 1 again the game will pretty much load up instantly. Im not sure if they will be doing this with the Wii version but I dont see why they wouldnt.

The reason why the gameplay looks slow is probably due to the guy not knowing what the hell he is doing and the fact that hes using the Great Sword weapon which is powerful but stupidly slow ( great beginner weapon ). If you want to see some faster action then wait for the Long Sword/Samurai Sword or Duel Swords gameplay footage. The Duel Swords have been rumoured to have been removed from MH3, we will have to wait and see.

New scans

61331520090423_205401_0_big.jpg

61331520090423_205402_1_big.jpg

61331520090423_205402_2_big.jpg

61331520090423_205403_3_big.jpg

61331520090423_205404_4_big.jpg

61331520090423_205405_5_big.jpg

61331520090423_205406_6_big.jpg

7 categories of weapons in MH3 Tri.

1. Small Sword

2. Lance

3. Hammer

4. Bowgun

5. Big Sword

6. Long Blade

7. Slash Axe (NEW)

Do note that they can still be break into sub categories. Eg. Lance - Gun Lance etc.

Famitsu First Day Sales (04/23)

[WII] Monster Hunter G (Capcom) - SP 65,000 (60%) / SE 27,000 (30%)

[PS3] Killzone 2 (SCE) - 20,000 (45%)

[PSP] Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3: Kowareyuku Machi no Kanojo no Uta (Irem Software Engineering) - 19,000 (35%)

[360] Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (Ubisoft) - 6,000 (40%)

[360] DeathSmiles (Cave) - LE 5,000 (65%) / SE 4,000 (60%)

[NDS] A Ressha de Gyoukou DS (Artdink) - 4,500 (30%)

[PSP] Nantama: Chronicle of Dungeon Maker (Global A Entertainment) - 2,000 (25%)

[NDS] Mezase!! Tsuri Master DS (Hudson) - 1,500 (7%)

[NDS] Zaidanhoujin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Koushiki Soft: 250 Banjin no Kanken Premium - Zenkyuu Zen-Kanji Kanzen Seiha (IE Institute) - 800 (3%)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!