NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pit-Jr

Simpsons Fodder

I think it isnt as funny as it used to be and Futurama is better and should be brought back immediately even at the expense of the simpsons.

Not sure about my absolute favourite episode, but in my opinion, 'Cape Fear', 'Brother From Another Series', 'You Only Move Twice' and 'Summer of 4 Feet 2' are all excellent.

However, the show started getting stale late season 8 / early season 9, which now means there have been more episodes from bad seasons than good seasons - and it looks like they're keeping on milking it for all it's worth. At least with Futurama they cancelled it before it got too bad (although there was a definite drop in quality in season 4, IMO).

oh, do you people know that they are releasing a futurama movie, and yeah comedy cartoon shows should stop after they finish series 8, but i really am not into simpsons anymore i am more into family guy.

i think the simpsons should have been cancelled by now. season 16 was very inconsistent, and season 17 so far has been some of the worst tv i have ever seen!

Simpsons hasn't been laugh out loud funny for a long long time for me, although it must be hard to keep coming up with material so often. On the other hand with all the money they must be raking in they'd be nuts to ever let it go. The classics from around season 2-6 will never die anyway.

Futurama is also great, and recently I've finally been getting into Family Guy. Although since some crazy fool decided to allow me access to MTV and MTV2 I've mostly been watching those Wildboyz/Viva La Bam/Jackass style programs for the pure rofls.

my fav episode is when Homer is the "Beer Baron" :D

usually the new eps are pretty good but not very funny but then theres one every few months thats really good

Simpsons isnt even in the same league as family guy. Family guy is funniest cartoon series ever made

Simpsons hasn't been laugh out loud funny for a long long time
Yeah true; the only laugh out loud moment i've had that recently was the Episode with the Badger (the one where they build a wall deviding Springfield and 'The Who' sing);

Bart and Lisa are staring into the dog house saying "Dad, Dad, there's a badger in there" and Homers like "pfft, don't be so stupid! It's just Santas Little Helper!" and he put's his head right in there and is like "Here boy, Here B..ARGHHHHH" and the Badger launches onto him!

One of my favourite ever lines from the show is;

(Homer in posh voice) "Hello, My name is Mr. Burns, I believe you have a letter for me!"

(Post Office) "OK, what's your first name Mr. Burns"

(Homer in posh voice) "I.....don't..know!"

I think it isnt as funny as it used to be and Futurama is better and should be brought back immediately even at the expense of the simpsons.

I agree Futurama owned. It only got cancelled because it lived in the shadow of the Simpsons. I have them all on dvd and watch them on a regular basis. Zapp Branigan is the best character ever! Funniest episode has to be Amazon Women in the Mood.

Back on topic I agree simpsons has lost some of its charm but its still better than most things on tv also its a great programme to chill out with.

the africa episode never fails to make me laugh :hehe:

"i notice your house smells like faeces, and not just monkey faeces"

"DI-A-MONDS! DI-A-MONDS!"

I think the show died right after Lionel Hutz, with an occasional good episode. Ruined by too many crappy guest stars and reused jokes.

As far as the new game, i hope its 2-D cel shaded, the last game just looked and felt wierd. And leave out the vehicular combat. Something along the lines of Another Code but with true cartoon graphics would sell me.

Hmm, it has to be the episode where Brian gets addicted to coke.. "Got milk?" lol

Family Guy doesn't have shit on classic Simpsons, which is not only funnier but also far more rewarding television. Not to say Family Guy isn't hilarious, it is, but I'm quite content to have Simpsons there forever, too. If there is just one good episode every few months, don't those good episodes kind of warrent the show still running? Now I have no capacity to watch the most recent Simpsons episodes, aside pirating them online, but I am recently re-watching the older episodes on DVD. They're spending a hell of a lot more time in my DVD player than the Family Guy movie is.

Futurama being cancelled was unfortunate, and I disagree that series four had a dip in quality. Series four had most of my favourite episodes, and they really started to develop the characters and story. The semi-sad/serious episodes were undoubtedly the best ones in Futurama, same as Simpsons. Simpsons has some incredibly touching scenes which Family couldn't even dream of including simply because it doesn't have the characters you actually care about like Simpsons did. I think that was partly what made it so successful, I'm not sure. I'm no expert despite my cleverly long paragraphs of nonsense.

Whenever someone mentions the Simpsons nowadays, someone always seems to jump down their throat with Family Guy ramblings. Okay, Family Guy is better than the Simpsons now, but as another poster mentioned above... the current Simpsons episodes are still really good television, and still evidently pull in the ratings otherwise it wouldn't still be on air, would it?

Don't like, don't watch. That's my motto (the one I made up just for this thread).

people only watch simpsons cause its been around for so long and have grown a custom to watching it.....if it was new it would have been dead and buried in one season if futurama was the one that was around for 15 appox years.

I really hope they make another family guy movie....stewie the untold story has some ROFL moments.

BOX, TOASTER, ALUMINIUM, MAPLE SYRUP....no i take that one back im going to hold on to that one :D (adam west rules)

Sign in to follow this