Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Burnout: Paradise

Choze

You should wait until the Hunter Olympus when the next update comes out.

Apparently it isn't very strong and it has no boost at all. I think the Hunter 4x4 will remain bully of the road.

2436083967_cc6b4c4ea8_b.jpg

I don't get why it won't have boost. That's useless.

That makes no sense whatsoever...there's only two patches (so far) on PS3 version of Paradise (and one on 360).

There is definitly 3 for the PS3 version... I've had to do 3...

Tbh Im lost on this title at the moment. I'm so overwhelmed by what there is to do that I feel like the "jump in and race" element has been lost. I'm sure it will click. I did a "Nelson?" Junction online score today and a certain FLAMEBOY NE had the top score! :) Nice one.

I then played online drove around aimlessly and got booted. I just don't understand the online aspects at all. I feel totally alienated by the sheer amount of content!!

Oh yeah I've got good scores on a few of them! Will have to race you online sometime

yeah online can be a bit confusing if you've not got voice chat on so don't know whether people are racing or just mucking about.

DAFT

Yeah, I don't really get the online. It's a bit weird. I remember driving around with Flameboy. That was a load of fun but for the first 20 minutes I had no idea what to do.

Yeah that was when we were both new to it and you were hosting and didn't know how to start a race.

I still need to play some more of this, I have put in a good few hours, but still need to get the top license. Damn the time consuming GTA IV!

DAFT

Yeah that was when we were both new to it and you were hosting and didn't know how to start a race.

I still need to play some more of this, I have put in a good few hours, but still need to get the top license. Damn the time consuming GTA IV!

I was hosting?!? Thats how clueless I am! :p

I'm on it quite often now so drop in if you see me online!

Played this for another hour today... and thats all it will be! hour long sessions... no more >> definitely not getting addicted to Burnout again...

<< but it's so fun...

*slaps self*

Nope, no more Burnout for me tonight. :heh:

(I got really addicted to Revenge a while back and I'm determined the same isn't gonna happen again)

Apparently it isn't very strong and it has no boost at all. I think the Hunter 4x4 will remain bully of the road.

It hasn't got boost because it's the strongest car in the game. It also has the highest top speed (but a very low acceleration).

It hasn't got boost because it's the strongest car in the game. It also has the highest top speed (but a very low acceleration).

I always crash so I doubt I'll be using this that much! :p

1 more race to go till I update from my A license!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cagney update dated...10th July

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=263

Criterion Games Announces Date for Cagney Software Update

Today, we're able to finally unveil the release date for the Cagney software update!

This is our 3rd and most ambitious software update yet! It will be available for free at 09:00am UK time on Thursday 10th July '08.

If you've missed the stories we've run so far, you can hit the Cagney tab at the top of this page and see all our Cagney blog entries in one place or check out the following summary of features:

3 New Freeburn Game Modes:

• Road Rage

8-player team event. One team must race through a series of Paradise City checkpoints. The other team must stop them.

Cue incredible chases and battling through the city, tons of voice communication as players co-ordinate their efforts.

• Stunt Run (vs)

Pull stunts to score points - hit barriers, billboards and ramps; ace barrel rolls, flat spins and massive airtime to score big. Everybody competes to simultaneously - hit your rivals to kill their scores and gain multipliers.

• Marked Man

A player is selected at random and everyone gangs up to take them down. The Marked Man scores for reaching the end point intact and taking anyone down along the way.

70 New Freeburn Challenges

• 70 new timed multi-part Freeburn Challenges

• Leaderboards for these challenges that log your best time (as well as those people who did it with you)

Vehicles

• Hunter Olympus

• A secret Criterion Car!

New liveries

• Rossolini Tempesta Dream

• Two fan-created liveries – the Oval Steel Racer and Inferno Hippie Van

• A secret Criterion livery!

Ranked Race Changes

• Too much to report in this blog entry but click here for the full breakdown!

Custom Soundtracks

• Custom Soundtrack support on PS3

Other high-priority fixes and updates

• If you're in a 3 or more player challenge and a player drops out, the remaining players can still complete it (subject to it being a challenge that can handle this!)

• "Previously" section on the search games list now displays Challenges, Today's Best and Freeburn game modes, making it loads easier to decide which game you want to join

• You can now view Leaderboards and Options in an online game

• You can now mute other online players in the show players screen

• You can now mute yourself if you have a PS3 Eye/Eye toy

• We've increased time-out for online races, and if all players complete the races within the timer, then you go straight to results

• The Airfield has been changed to help with the drivability of the area and make it a little easier to complete the hoop challenges

• Online cars now show damage - roll up to the start in a half-destroyed Hunter Cavalry and everyone else will see it!

• Added an stronger display message if you rule all of Todays Best

• The Easy Drive menu & Challenges page now loops from top to bottom

• Fixed the navigation system so that it takes into account the next check point in a race

• Fixed traffic not reappearing in Freeburn after a no-traffic race

• Fixed online races using Lawrence Road – it's been reporting finish distances with a little inaccuracy

• Revised 30+ car resets following crashes

• All new sound effects added for Easy Drive

• Driving backwards in Road Rage now ends the event as it does in Marked Man

• Option to invert camera axis for the look around camera on right stick

• Online player information made accurate on the instance a player goes through a checkpoint in races

• If you set VOIP mix to zero it is now saved correctly

• 1080i support for "almost HD" sets

• Improved the Standard Definition rendering on PS3

• New highlight to show the player in Today's Best

• Easy Drive fades out if it's unused for 20 seconds

• Boost chaining no longer possible by drifting in open areas

• 4 weeks later...

Burnout Paradise Cagney pack, arriving totally free on July 10th on PS3 and July 14th on Xbox 360, all the details are below.

3 NEW ONLINE GAME MODES

· Online Stunt Run - you and up to 7 others compete for the highest stunt score

· Online Road Rage - where you team up and try to stop the other team from reaching their destination

· Online Marked Man - someone gets called out and everyone else tries to hunt them down

70 NEW ONLINE TIMED CHALLENGES

· In which everyone teams up to pull off stunts and other feats in the world, against the clock (for example, check out "Leaps of Faith", "The Back Cave" and "Water Wings")

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR RANKED RACING SYSTEM

· Everything in Ranked Racing is enhanced with Codename: Cagney, including our online Ranked Scoring system.

A BRAND NEW LIVE PAGE

· The game now features a 'Live Page' that tells you all the latest news in Paradise City, plus a Game Calendar that tells you what cool online events are coming for you to join in with

PLUS, MUCH, MUCH MORE!

And for us at Criterion – it doesn't stop with Codename: Cagney.

We're continuing our "Year of Paradise".

We're already working on bikes and night-time, a brand new island off the coast of Paradise city, and more besides (we're even experimenting with planes!)

www.criteriongames.com

Burnout Paradise Cagney pack, arriving totally free on July 10th on PS3 and July 14th on Xbox 360, all the details are below.

3 NEW ONLINE GAME MODES

· Online Stunt Run - you and up to 7 others compete for the highest stunt score

· Online Road Rage - where you team up and try to stop the other team from reaching their destination

· Online Marked Man - someone gets called out and everyone else tries to hunt them down

70 NEW ONLINE TIMED CHALLENGES

· In which everyone teams up to pull off stunts and other feats in the world, against the clock (for example, check out "Leaps of Faith", "The Back Cave" and "Water Wings")

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR RANKED RACING SYSTEM

· Everything in Ranked Racing is enhanced with Codename: Cagney, including our online Ranked Scoring system.

A BRAND NEW LIVE PAGE

· The game now features a 'Live Page' that tells you all the latest news in Paradise City, plus a Game Calendar that tells you what cool online events are coming for you to join in with

PLUS, MUCH, MUCH MORE!

And for us at Criterion – it doesn't stop with Codename: Cagney.

We're continuing our "Year of Paradise".

We're already working on bikes and night-time, a brand new island off the coast of Paradise city, and more besides (we're even experimenting with planes!)

www.criteriongames.com

Awesome news I will have completed MGS 4 by then and get a ton of Burnout Paradise time in.

I have problems finsihing stunt runs. I need help :(

I did mainly flatspins (easier to land than barrel rolls) and found a route with lots of super jumps. And just tap A every now and then to keep the combo.

Just wondering, what's your PSNs flameboy and Choze?

Edit: Nevermind. Found them in another thread. It's fun spying on people's stats.

Anyway, some Burnout Paradise PC info.

There will be a massive amount of controller options (last week the team used the Guitar Hero controller to play the game). Dead zones and sensitivity for steering wheels will be configurable, and you'll be able to do stuff like use a 360 pad in conjunction with starting wheel pedals. There will be a lot of default options, so most stuff should work by just plugging it in.

2637123179_4397d03b65_o.jpg

2637969476_1af2692e0b_o.jpg

There's also quite a few visual options:

2637950650_0cebcc8995_o.jpg

2637123413_4cb7496175_o.jpg

And this shows the higher detail on the roads, plus the soft shadows:

2637950864_245a6cacd6_o.jpg

Oh, and the Cagney patch will be around 400MB.

Just wondering, what's your PSNs flameboy and Choze?

Edit: Nevermind. Found them in another thread. It's fun spying on people's stats.

Anyway, some Burnout Paradise PC info.

There will be a massive amount of controller options (last week the team used the Guitar Hero controller to play the game). Dead zones and sensitivity for steering wheels will be configurable, and you'll be able to do stuff like use a 360 pad in conjunction with starting wheel pedals. There will be a lot of default options, so most stuff should work by just plugging it in.

2637123179_4397d03b65_o.jpg

2637969476_1af2692e0b_o.jpg

There's also quite a few visual options:

2637950650_0cebcc8995_o.jpg

2637123413_4cb7496175_o.jpg

And this shows the higher detail on the roads, plus the soft shadows:

2637950864_245a6cacd6_o.jpg

Oh, and the Cagney patch will be around 400MB.

Where can you check out our stats? in game? on website? I'm not that far into it I don't think really...

Is the update meant to be out today on the PS3?

Yea. 24th on 360 :cry:

Edit:

For the new cars, details on how to unlock them will appear on the live page sometime soon.

Two new liveries are selectable form the start - to to the Van or Oval Champ and press X.

• 2 weeks later...