Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Burnout: Paradise

Choze

Picked this up today...yet to play it as I've had to do THREE system updates so far :o

What's the point of this??!

That makes no sense whatsoever...there's only two patches (so far) on PS3 version of Paradise (and one on 360).

That makes no sense whatsoever...there's only two patches (so far) on PS3 version of Paradise (and one on 360).

Honestly, I've done three now...And the one I was just doing has crashed so I've had to do a complete restart of the system :(

FFS, now the game wont load past the start screen after numerous attempts. And the PS button doesnt work when it freezes so it must have crashed.

All I wanted to do was play it!

Anyone any tips as to what I should do??

The game wont load now at all :(

I just checked GTA4 and that still works so it's gotta be sommat to do with the update or the disk itself...But it DID load further the first time I played it.

Maybe go into the game files and delete the updates if you can.

I'll have a look around for it and delete all Burnout files. Nice idea. You can tell I'm new to the PS3 :p. Nevertheless I'll do all of this when I've finished GTA. Hope it fricking works.

You shouldn't have to delete your save file. That should be completely separate. Your save file might be corrupt, that might be the problem but I very much doubt it.

Well I never even got to play the game so I'll just delete everything. Cheers for the advice though mate. I would never have thought of that.

Well I never even got to play the game so I'll just delete everything. Cheers for the advice though mate. I would never have thought of that.

Well I hope that helps. I've sent you a friends request if you are up some road rage anytime.

Do we have a rough date for its release?

I'm mainly looking forward to the custom music.

Burnout Paradise v1.3 - Cagney (End of June)

Burnout Paradise v1.4 - Davis (End of July/August)

Burnout Paradise v1.5 - Eastwood (Nov)

More infomation can be found here.

Tbh Im lost on this title at the moment. I'm so overwhelmed by what there is to do that I feel like the "jump in and race" element has been lost. I'm sure it will click. I did a "Nelson?" Junction online score today and a certain FLAMEBOY NE had the top score! :) Nice one.

I then played online drove around aimlessly and got booted. I just don't understand the online aspects at all. I feel totally alienated by the sheer amount of content!!

Burnout Paradise v1.3 - Cagney (End of June)

Burnout Paradise v1.4 - Davis (End of July/August)

Burnout Paradise v1.5 - Eastwood (Nov)

More infomation can be found here.

Awesome cheers Dante!

What's this update about police sirens?...I didn't even know there were police cars in the game.

Tbh Im lost on this title at the moment. I'm so overwhelmed by what there is to do that I feel like the "jump in and race" element has been lost. I'm sure it will click. I did a "Nelson?" Junction online score today and a certain FLAMEBOY NE had the top score! :) Nice one.

I then played online drove around aimlessly and got booted. I just don't understand the online aspects at all. I feel totally alienated by the sheer amount of content!!

Yeah, I don't really get the online. It's a bit weird. I remember driving around with Flameboy. That was a load of fun but for the first 20 minutes I had no idea what to do.

Well after playing this solid for 2 days I decided I really didn't like the open city feel. Horses for courses (or cars here).

I therefore took it back today and picked up ratchet and clank for £20. Loved the PS2 versions and have to say I'm enjoying this so far :p

I know Burnout will have got better but I really never liked the free roaming aspect. Kinda gutted as I loved Burnout 1-3. Oh well.

Well after playing this solid for 2 days I decided I really didn't like the open city feel. Horses for courses (or cars here).

I therefore took it back today and picked up ratchet and clank for £20. Loved the PS2 versions and have to say I'm enjoying this so far :p

I know Burnout will have got better but I really never liked the free roaming aspect. Kinda gutted as I loved Burnout 1-3. Oh well.

Shame because I got it ages ago (with my PS3 about 3 months ago, been playing it on and off with a lot of other games) and the only reason I wasn't that bothered about being disappointed with it because it was basically free with my PS3. But this weekend has it has finally clicked. I really love it.

With DLC on the way I can see myself playing this well into the latter half of the year.

I only just figured out the "showtime" thing with R1 + L1. :p

F*cking good fun.

Is there anyway to kill f*cking f*ck c*nting w*ank knob face DJ "absolute loser" Atomica? The last thing I want to hear when I lose an even is his bastard voice stating the obvious.

*and breath*

Is there anyway to kill f*cking f*ck c*nting w*ank knob face DJ "absolute loser" Atomica? The last thing I want to hear when I lose an even is his bastard voice stating the obvious.

*and breath*

If you turn tips off you'll only hear him at the end of an event.

My copy which I recently paid only £15 for arrived today... I used to play Burnout Revenge obseesively for months on and off and I truly loved it, so when I heard mixed reports about the open world aspect I decided it wasn't worth the full asking price so I waited until now to purchase it.

Played it for an hour and so far I quite like it, it has a lot of elements from Revenge, the crappy loading times taken out and it feels a lot more open atm the Open aspect is better than the loading screens of old, criticisms cited by people about there being no quick restart for events all correct but I suppose it's due to the open worl nature of the game.

I.e you fail a race, then you just drive around and find some other challenge along the way so the lack of a quick restart option doesn't bother me but it probably will when I only have a few challenges to go. :heh:

For now though I really do like it and it's a game I will play little and often but not obsessively like with Revenge, I'm also glad I waited and only paid £15 for it as I reckon thats all it's really worth but for it's ambition alone it's probably worth a bit more, I'm just glad I didn't pay the full asking price. :smile: