N-Europe

Wii Legend of Zelda - What would you like to see in it?

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Forest -> Fire -> Water is getting really old about now, so drop that part.

The bosses and enemies need to get beefed up to hard mode, more sidequests, voice acting and a solid story.

And ofc great motion controls, so great mankind have never seen anything like it before

Nah :P But I'd like for some more dramatic events to occur, eg, vengeance as a motive instead of simply "go find the kidnapped townslads."

Also - don't know if this would be suitable for a Zelda game though - perhaps a less obvious line between good and evil?

In all, tragedy sums it all up pretty nicely.

More usage of the motion controls.

For instance when balancing on a line, using the Wiimote to keep balance could be fun.

Good idea, but I'd rather use the nunchuk for that (ie, as balancing your board in SSX Blur).

I want Hyrule to come more alive, not just that characters stand around in different spots depending on what time it is, but actually going around working drinking talking to each other. Fable did this pretty good as did Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

At one instance Hyrule of TP felt alive, south of Castle town I ran into Agitha while the sun was setting and she was heading up the stairs. She said her usual bug chant... Altough the the "alive"-feeling fell a bit short when a Poe appeared which I fought while Agitha just kept walking without noticing the fight...

As for gameplay, more challange than TP as it was way to easy.

Some new elements would be fun. Perhaps stealth options while the sun is down (enemies should be that hard that it pays off)

While horseback-riding enemies should be more tactic and engage from other angles than your back, in TP you could mostly just outrun them.

Some more couraguos Hylian soldiers, see them patrolling on Hyrule field and elsewhere and give Link the option to assist them against monsters or engage them as followers.

Another urban area would be nice, a harbor town perhaps, with trade caravans travveling to Castle town, Kakariko, and other places.

-cel-shading that surpasses the new Simpsons game

-assuming it will star a new Link, Zelda, and Ganon, i want them each to have personalities, flaws, and voices (it wont ruin the franchise, get over it)

-no dark world, twilight realm, or other parallel universe

-tons of references to past Zelda games

- Cel-shaded visuals

- Vaati as the main villain

- 1:1-ish sword controls*

- Deeper storyline. I'm talking 24 with swords and magic here.

- I want several major plot twists

- 480p widescreen

- Full utilisation of motion sensing like Zack and Wiki, that's how I expected all games to be when the Wii was announced

- I want voice-acting if it's done in the style of Lord of the Rings. Aka English, not American. If Link starts running round shouting 'Save the princess, save the world!' in an American accent I'll be sorely disappointed.

- Downloadable content would be nice

*What I mean here is kind of like the pre-determined swings in TP, except better. The way you swing corresponds into the game, but it doesn't track your every movement, solving wall clashes and the lack of 'air feedback' with the Wii Remote. Bit confusing, but I know what I'm talking about. Pre-set movements that actually move the way you move your hand?

I also want an even darker Zelda. A full out war in Hyrule, so you have to go through enormous battles, with allied troops. Rather than just going to the dungeons, you have to help your troops breach enemy defences to start a seige of the dungeons, whereafter you go in and retrieve whatever you have to collect this time. Just like in Twilight Princess, you can fight off horseback, with the change that you can get hold of swords with better range. Voice acting, as previously said, for everyone but Link. And of course, the game'll se the return of the Gerudos:P

Thats a good idea - make the great war of Hyrule the focal point. You know, that war they always speak of where the Shiekah dwindle in numbers. This is quite possibly also the age of the 'dark interlopers' - the ancestors of the Twili who invaded Hyrule. Hmmm...Could be a prequel to either Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

Most of all though, I want 'epicness', TP made the mistake of thinking epic to only mean a huge world and giant locations - you're suppose to add incentives like sidequests to make people appreciate the environments more, Nintendo. I found it annoying that walking the the far corners of the Gerudo Mesa only granted me a mere 100 ruppee. All-in-all though I think TP is a nice foundation for the next Zelda.

I also agree that 1:1 sword fighting is a flawed mechanic. Though maybe a bit of waggle for special techniques would be great, like move the Wiimote in a 'Z' for a 'Z'-shaped slash....Or something.

What would be a great game is 3/4s of the way through was the "Link getting the Master Sword" scene. But this time, it rejects Link (the story should hint towards the fact that this Link isn't the hero, but in a way that's only noticeable when you already know). Then Link has to get people to safety (including Zelda's unborn child), fight his way to Ganon/Gannondorf (via a large LOTR-esque battle), and duel with Gannondorf while also working with Zelda to awaken the gods. Who promptly flood the place.

It'll never happen, though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!