Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

Yeah, the ending is a bitch.

I'm on puzzle 18 on Portal. Defeated the turrets now totally stuck... i'll go back to that later. Great little game, damn funny too.

Except 32-bit Vista won't use a 4th GB of RAM, so it'd be pretty pointless. You'd get an extra 200MB or so out of that gig

Yeah, he's right.

Vista 32bit pretty much caps out at 3.5GB, the reason why i didn't get 4 gigs in the first place.

Wait, is this the beta or the demo? Are they two different things? The same thing?

Usually:

Demo - A sample of the final thing

Beta - A unfinished version of the full game (or "all the parts we've finished").

Downloading it now...I'm interested to see how it'll run on my computer.

Same thing i think. The demo is a beta version? Not sure, all i know is i'll be playing UT3 by 10pm tonight :D

EDIT: By Cubes reasoning this is an unfinished version of the demo. Im guessing there'll be a second demo around release time

Usually:

Demo - A sample of the final thing

Beta - A unfinished version of the full game (or "all the parts we've finished").

Downloading it now...I'm interested to see how it'll run on my computer.

Well yeah, i know that... but.

There was a torrent for the 'demo' floating around, now Fileplanet are offering a 'beta'. I just wondered if it was actually the same build/files/whatever.

Well yeah, i know that... but.

There was a torrent for the 'demo' floating around, now Fileplanet are offering a 'beta'. I just wondered if it was actually the same build/files/whatever.

It's likely the same thing. Companies seem to be getting Beta and Demo mixed up these days. Beta Demo should be an unfinished demo build, but it's likely to just be a demo build.

Edit: McPhee edited his post to say what I said in this post while I was writing this post.

It's likely the same thing. Companies seem to be getting Beta and Demo mixed up these days. Beta Demo should be an unfinished demo build, but it's likely to just be a demo build.

Edit: McPhee edited his post to say what I said in this post while I was writing this post.

Right, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll get it by some means later tonight.

edit: Im probably breaking forum rules posting that.

The site i was downloading from just crashed :( Getting the torrent now, slower but it should be more reliable. Fingers crossed Epic just give up and release the demo officially, not gonna happen though thanks to ruddy File Planet