NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

Sega Rally

1169056510nc7.jpg

As with all such things, the key to making a good rally game is wedged in the door marked 'pub'. "You sit late in bars with drivers and co-drivers talking about how these things work," says SEGA Racing Studio boss Guy Wilday. Then you go home and do some programming. So what do rally drivers say? "It's all about tyres, and it's all about surfaces. That really is a key topic of conversation. The cars themselves are obviously very technically innovative, but the thing they focus on is the tyres and the surfaces - what tyres they need for a particular surface, how a car is going to behave on a particular surface, and how that surface is going to change."

Watch this: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24394.html

Then this: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21667.html

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Rally_Revo

Needles I say more. Only that I hopes to the high heavens we have Wi-Fi in our new house by the 28th.

Disclosure: I rolled V-Rally as a kid :(

I have two questions: DO YOU LIKE THE LOOK OF THIS VIDEO GAME and ARE YOU GOING TO BUY THIS VIDEO GAME.

With PGR4 as my "Holiday season racer" and completed DiRT i have no want for this game.

It will not and cannot touch the original Saturn game, thus it will fail.

With PGR4 as my "Holiday season racer" and completed DiRT i have no want for this game.

Exactly how i feel old chap.

I don't like the racing games like PGR or Forza, yet I loved DiRT, so I'm gonna go with the rally game again.

Looking forward to this.

It does look good, but I do have DiRT already, and I've pre ordered my 4 games for the year, and I'll be too busy with driving a real car.

i loved DiRT but cant get into forza (even thou im lvl 31 on it) and PGR4 i wont be getting as didnt like PGR3. (pgr3 came with console)

will be getting this...dunno bout release date may wait see if gamestation webby does that "buy any game get *** game half price* thing

It's out 28th September!

I prefer fast Arcade type racers to simulations (although i loved PGR3), so i'm interested in this.

Although it could look a little bit better in my opinion. Although i haven't seen up-to-date vids.

I'm looking forward to this but there are other games I want more. I will probably get it when its cheap and there isn't anything coming out for a while. Any news on a demo??

28th sept...as in same day as halo 3?

Halo 3 is out 26th.

For some reason, its out on Wednesday rather than Friday.

I'm looking forward to this but there are other games I want more. I will probably get it when its cheap and there isn't anything coming out for a while. Any news on a demo??

Should be a demo up in the next week or so. I believe it's ment to go up before the game releases atleast.

Mmm...it's not bad, but I'm gonna have to wait for reviews. Might just stick with DiRT...

Just played the demo, it's alright and the mud going all over your car is some nice eye candy but the game seems a bit plastic.

Also, one thing I don't get - Why is it Sega Rally, if its laps of a track, not an A-B?

I hope theres Point to point in the full version. Bit of variety like DiRT.

Played demo. Big meh.

Graphics look like Excite Truck. Handling feels weird.

I'm guessing you played the demo on a SDTV then, as I think it looks completely average if it's on lower resolutions..............but in 720p looks quite stunning.

Also, one thing I don't get - Why is it Sega Rally, if its laps of a track, not an A-B?

I hope theres Point to point in the full version.

There's no point to point races in the game, all lap based. Seriously though, the more you play the demo and get into the handling then the more you'll like the game. Demo is really limited though, and they really should have put one of the Alpine tracks in.

The track choices for the demo though would have come down to having the opportunity to show off the track deformation.

Sign in to follow this